THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

They need to quit playing and give us these

Fun fact: I actually had my personal pair of DMPs customized just like that for my college graduation (had a graduation cap outlined over the jumpman and replaced the 23 on the back with my graduation date). My homie who did the custom legit thought that those was the pair he did for me :lol:

1587758735592.png

This is fake, right? Who is gonna hate to hear that? :lol:

reminds me of the “clinton portis is the best blocking RB in the league” thread

Kind of unrelated but the first round of the NFL draft drew almost 16 million viewers last night...

I'm sure NBA folks is scrambling to make something work for the rest of the season. About to be the most viewed playoffs and Finals ever. One thing I thought about is if players drafted in June will be able to play the rest of the reason, if the season resumes afterward.

Kind of unrelated but the first round of the NFL draft drew almost 16 million viewers last night...

I'm sure NBA folks is scrambling to make something work for the rest of the season. About to be the most viewed playoffs and Finals ever. One thing I thought about is if players drafted in June will be able to play the rest of the reason, if the season resumes afterward.

No way it comes close to the all time record viewership.

LOL!

Would be crazy as hell though. Drafted and suit up within a month, most of these teams won’t give a damn anyways unless they’re in the playoff picture. Might as well do something that resembles September call ups in MLB haha! But I just snapped back into reality and realized contract situations so I’ll exit now..

I honestly couldn’t tell if he’s agreeing or disagreeing with the statement :lol:

freeze freeze was agreeing; bert bert apparently feels differently.

WBNA -

Players get paid to play.

People pay to go to games and see them play.

They show games on TV with paid advertisements.

Been around 20+ years.

Seems to check the boxes for a real pro-sport to me.

What did he do well on the court this season? Can anyone name a single thing

He put up career lows (including in minutes) since his second/third year pretty much across the board.

Does that diminish the immense role he played en route to five consecutive Finals runs, three of which his team won?

First y’all marginalized Steph’s titles because KD joined. Then y’all ragged on KD‘s rings because he joined the Dubs. Now y’all are trying to say Draymond is a scrub. Is Klay next because he can’t dribble? When is Kerr’s turn? Myers and Lacob gonna get some too?Can one some explain how a team of such non-exceptional scrubs accomplished what GSW did?

Outside of a few posters most people expected them to fall off this year. Then Steph suffered an injury that kept him out 95% of the season. This team’s success is clearly built on the cohesiveness of all of the pieces, not just one alpha superstar which might be why Iggy won FMVP in 15 and why some of y’all say even if GSW won in 16, it might have gone to someone else. But now you want to single out Steph and Dray? Okay....

They need to quit playing and give us these

Fun fact: I actually had my personal pair of DMPs customized just like that for my college graduation (had a graduation cap outlined over the jumpman and replaced the 23 on the back with my graduation date). My homie who did the custom legit thought that those was the pair he did for me :lol:

Pics?

He put up career lows (including in minutes) since his second/third year pretty much across the board.

Does that diminish the immense role he played en route to five consecutive Finals runs, three of which his team won?

First y’all marginalized Steph’s titles because KD joined. Then y’all ragged on KD‘s rings because he joined the Dubs. Now y’all are trying to say Draymond is a scrub. Is Klay next because he can’t dribble? When is Kerr’s turn? Myers and Lacob gonna get some too?Can one some explain how a team of such non-exceptional scrubs accomplished what GSW did?

Outside of a few posters most people expected them to fall off this year. Then Steph suffered an injury that kept him out 95% of the season. This team’s success is clearly built on the cohesiveness of all of the pieces, not just one alpha superstar which might be why Iggy won FMVP in 15 and why some of y’all say even if GSW won in 16, it might have gone to someone else. But now you want to single out Steph and Dray? Okay....

lol dray is the one running his damn mouth. had the nerve to compare himself to Charles Barkley. If he was one any other team you wouldn’t even know his name. he had a nice run for 3-4 years and played well but he was still a role player surrounded by an all time offense.

since last year he’s been pretty bad and it’s not gonna get any better

he was still a role player surrounded by an all time offense.

This is where I have to disagree with you. He played a significant role in an all-time great offense. You can't just stick any role player in for him and expect the same results.

I personally think Draymond and Chuck are both petty and insecure in their own respective ways. Charles is jealous that Draymond is making more than he ever did so he uses the crutch (and truth) that he is a better player. Draymond is mad that Barkley insults him so he lets the Ringz Culture get to his head and uses the crutch (and truth) that he has three rings while Chuck has zero.

Chuck is Top XX player all-time, 5X 1st Team All-NBA, 5x 2nd Team All-NBA, 11X All-Star and LEAGUE MVP.
Draymond was a vital piece in three championship runs, 3X 1st Team Defense, 2x 2nd Team Defense. 1x All-NBA Second Team, 1x All-NBA Third Team, 3x All-Star and LEAGUE DPOY.

Both had played in different eras with different roles and different salary caps. Why can't they both considered exceptional basketball players for what was asked of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom