THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 year old injured bean (I’ve brought this us up before) vs a prime 2x MVP getting 8 in a series he was favored to win
🤔

Nice footwork on the pivot to a completely different season. And I wasn’t even taking a side. It’s just amazing how someone of Bron’s caliber squeezed off an 8 point game in his second finals. Yeah he redeemed himself but that black eye is there.

Really? His injury didn't bother him the previous game when he had 28. He had a legit 8 point game, and one that was way worse than LeBron's: 8 points on 20 shots. Not to mention the fact that LeBron also had 9 rebounds and 7 assists in his game, whereas Kobe had 5 rebounds and 3 assists.

And since you like to talk about what series he was favored to win, you know that LeBron is an overachiever in that area, right? He was favored to win 2 of the 9 finals he's been in and he won 3 of them.

15864632-05BC-4ED3-A4A4-E9D5147BE0BE.png

All in :pimp:
wavycrocket wavycrocket

^^^ I wonder if they’re count the people who die from main-lining Purcell or Lysol as COVID-19 deaths?

It's gonna happen, I'm afraid --

Last edited:
He was a highly decorated player at this point. I still can’t believe that series, and that game in particular.

Seems like Presti's early success had him really feeling himself he could draft/find/create that WCF team again using his same formula.

Similar to Jerry Krause actually :lol: young, first-time GM, builds a title contender relatively quickly, then think they’re Nostradamus.

Forgetting how much of a crap shoot this **** is even if you’re the smartest guy in the league

Low key secret was the 14-16 Warriors had the best screeners in the league at the 1, 2, 4 & 5 position.

Curry
Klay
Dray
Bogut

Elite screen setters. Then the confusion with having to guard the screener....underrated part of what they did.

Earl Watson was on Undisputed some years back...talking about them screens from the Warriors backcourt. And I recall a convo linking it to the Jazz backcourt (Hornacek/Stockton) about how thrown off it is...to have guards screening. Gary Payton always talks about how Stockton being a strong screening guard always made him his toughest matchup.

Bulls did this too in the triangle. When you got two guards that can catch and shoot, screening for each other and others...and can run off pin downs or hit the pocket pass....it throws the defense off something crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom