THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally, got locked up in an NBA finals game by a cashier at a fast food restaurant

295F4841-39DB-462F-BB19-7B406E0798EF.jpeg

Bron, some of ya'lls GOAT, got the clamps put on him in an NBA Finals game by an essential worker :sick::smh:

If Steph or KD had a performance like Bron did in 2011 nobody would care cause neither of them are on Bron’s level lmao.

1. This is true - they are slightly below him in the pantheon of greats. He sits at a higher table.

2. It’s also not entirely true. 2016 gets held rightfully against Steph. Albeit extreme tho....

3. All greats have bad performances in the finals/playoffs. A bad series like 2011, disqualifies you from the “GOAT” convo tho.....MJ ain’t ever had anywhere close to a 2011.

It’s really that simple. If your man what’s to be held to the standard...he has to meet it. He got a lot more work to do.

Last thin. The proper context to argue LeBron in, is in his PEAK. Not career. Because he’ll fall short career wise. PEAK...him and Shaq, MJ are in that convo.

All this discrediting MJ **** is dumb tho man. Like the teaching, and revisionist history....to find some AHA flaw, has reached an all time low. It started as trollin with that Barry McKockiner dude on Twitter...then slowly turned into a thing.

All the greats can ball in any era. We done seent them do it in all.

:emoji_100:

That’s my main thing. A person wants to make an argument LeBron (or someone else) is the GOAT, cool. No need to try and tear down other eras/players to do it.

Still can’t believe Bron had 8 in a finals game

Was your strategy to try to bait someone to point this out, and then have everyone gang up on that someone for posting something about Kobe that is negative because he died?

But you want to talk finals stats, huh? There have been countless 8 point games in the finals throughout the years. This statistical accomplishment has only been done once though:

LeBronAllCategories.jpg

Not only in finals, but any other playoff series ever.
And he did it against a 73-9 team.

And I don’t even think Bron is better than MJ (or Kareem for that matter), so someone saying he isn’t the GOAT doesn’t bother me lol

Also y’all older cats defend MJ just as hard as the Bron fans y’all complain about. It’s funny to me :lol:.

Yeah Steph was lucky this year because the Warriors might not have even won 30 games with him playing. Would’ve been a bad look fr.

If that’s a bad look for Steph...I wonder what kind of look, it would’ve been for the GOAT, to activate playoff mode, in the 9th spot.......then go 3-12 against teams with(many with losing records). Then shut it down the rest of the season while playing yourself out of playoff contention. Finish the season with a record of like 28-27 that he played.

:lol:. Idek why this convo is going into this direction tho. Bron is an all time great player. Steph is an all time great player. They both got blemishes. Bron is obviously a greater player. But he’s not the GOAT.

He has more work to do. There’s really no need to tear down every player that’s in his convo, by diminishing their achievements and boosting his as to reasons he is.

Was your strategy to try to bait someone to point this out, and then have everyone gang up on that someone for posting something about Kobe that is negative because he died?

But you want to talk finals stats, huh? There have been countless 8 point games in the finals throughout the years. This statistical accomplishment has only been done once though:

LeBronAllCategories.jpg

Not only in finals, but any other playoff series ever.
And he did it against a 73-9 team.

21 year old injured bean (I’ve brought this us up before) vs a prime 2x MVP getting 8 in a series he was favored to win
🤔

Nice footwork on the pivot to a completely different season. And I wasn’t even taking a side. It’s just amazing how someone of Bron’s caliber squeezed off an 8 point game in his second finals. Yeah he redeemed himself but that black eye is there.

1587749528491.png

the thunder picked one of these two to keep:

1587749606893.png
Perk starting w/ Sef alongside KD, Russ, and Ibaka was comedy. Like clockwork, the Thunder were spotting teams 10 pts to start the game and the 2nd half for Collison/Harden to always start down 10.
They opened today in Oklahoma too. I haven't been out so IDK who all is open, but Governor opened up personal care businesses for phase 1 of reopening.

Perk was a pretty good defensive center for a couple years. I know he clowned himself out now....but dude was pretty valuable for a short time in a certain era.

Harden, 23, was moved to the Rockets because he sought a four-year, $60 million max extension that the Thunder were not willing to offer. Reports indicated Oklahoma City’s best offer was $54 million over four years.

there's plenty written on it, but the major points are that resigning harden would put them over the luxury tax, and they were in that spot because they wouldn't use the stretch provision on perkins despite him being bad at that point in his career. the thunder also could've kept him for that year and reevaluated the next, but preemptively traded him.

Some suggest Presti didn't like Harden's lifestyle (strippers lol) as it contrasted the Christian, good ol' boy image the Thunder had and sold to this Bible Best *** city at the time. Wanted to move him so set him up to be the bad guy by giving him a non max offer (like 6mil total over 4yrs was going to break them, to retain a SG who had just had one of the most efficient seasons in history) and an hour to decide.

Seems like Presti's early success had him really feeling himself he could draft/find/create that WCF team again using his same formula. He kept trying to replace guys with significantly inferior versions of themselves, Harden- Martin- Jackson and Sef into Roberson, eventually Ibaka into Grant.

Then finally end up in full on make something work scramble mode and abandon the humble, young, hardworking, nice guys image and finally break into the tax to sign guys like Dion Waiters and Carmelo Anthony.

Swap a few Perkins minutes with Collison minutes at different points in the playoffs and we have at least 1 title in the 'Peake and can take down all those NW division banners

Harden also tanked the 2012 finals because of his Miami g/f

Can someone explain to me how Mugsy Bogues played in the NBA that long without a jump shot

elite isolation scorers would have a field day without help defenses

Elite isolation scorers have a field day regardless of any type of defense that's why they're elite in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom