THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where I have to disagree with you. He played a significant role in an all-time great offense. You can't just stick any role player in for him and expect the same results.

I personally think Draymond and Chuck are both petty and insecure in their own respective ways. Charles is jealous that Draymond is making more than he ever did so he uses the crutch (and truth) that he is a better player. Draymond is mad that Barkley insults him so he lets the Ringz Culture get to his head and uses the crutch (and truth) that he has three rings while Chuck has zero.

Chuck is Top XX player all-time, 5X 1st Team All-NBA, 5x 2nd Team All-NBA, 11X All-Star and LEAGUE MVP.
Draymond was a vital piece in three championship runs, 3X 1st Team Defense, 2x 2nd Team Defense. 1x All-NBA Second Team, 1x All-NBA Third Team, 3x All-Star and LEAGUE DPOY.

Both had played in different eras with different roles and different salary caps. Why can't they both considered exceptional basketball players for what was asked of them?

How dare you use logic in here

How dare you use logic in here

We can find statistics and narratives to tear down any greats legacy (not sure I've heard one for Kareem, though). It's a lot easier to realize no one is perfect and accept players at face value for their accomplishments and abilities within their respective era. It's not as straightforward as adjusting for inflation.

This is where I have to disagree with you. He played a significant role in an all-time great offense. You can't just stick any role player in for him and expect the same results.

I personally think Draymond and Chuck are both petty and insecure in their own respective ways. Charles is jealous that Draymond is making more than he ever did so he uses the crutch (and truth) that he is a better player. Draymond is mad that Barkley insults him so he lets the Ringz Culture get to his head and uses the crutch (and truth) that he has three rings while Chuck has zero.

Chuck is Top XX player all-time, 5X 1st Team All-NBA, 5x 2nd Team All-NBA, 11X All-Star and LEAGUE MVP.
Draymond was a vital piece in three championship runs, 3X 1st Team Defense, 2x 2nd Team Defense. 1x All-NBA Second Team, 1x All-NBA Third Team, 3x All-Star and LEAGUE DPOY.

Both had played in different eras with different roles and different salary caps. Why can't they both considered exceptional basketball players for what was asked of them?

he’s still a role player comparing himself to an all time great. At best the third most important player on those teams at times 4th.

Smart player who maximized his skill set in the best possible situation. But everyone knows he wasn’t even good enough to be a number 2 guy last year.

Smart player who maximized his skill set in the best possible situation.

You say that as if it's a negative thing or Draymond had control over getting drafter by GSW, Kerr taking over or Steph and Klay leveling up (I won't touch on KD) :lol: Your comment is Just like saying LeBron is Top 3-5 all-time. Neither is a disrespectful given their accomplishments. Someone in here today even credited James for having 3 titles when he was only favored to win 2 so he technically maximized his skill set in his situations too.

everyone knows he wasn’t even good enough to be a number 2 guy last year.

When has anyone ever thought Draymond would be good enough to be a number 2 guy? If Steph was healthy, that would have been D'Angelo Russell's responsibility. Dray is starter no doubt but he's a defensive anchor and glue guy. No one expects him to consistently shoulder the burden of a #1 or 2 guy on offense for a winning team. And before you say it....that does NOT make him a scrub.

You say that as if it's a negative thing or Draymond had control over getting drafter by GSW, Kerr taking over or Steph and Klay leveling up (I won't touch on KD) :lol: Your comment is Just like saying LeBron is Top 3-5 all-time. Neither is a disrespectful given their accomplishments. Someone in here today even credited James for having 3 titles when he was only favored to win 2 so he technically maximized his skill set in his situations too.

When has anyone ever thought Draymond would be good enough to be a number 2 guy? If Steph was healthy, that would have been D'Angelo Russell's responsibility. Dray is starter no doubt but he's a defensive anchor and glue guy. No one expects him to consistently shoulder the burden of a #1 or 2 guy on offense for a winning team. And before you say it....that does NOT make him a scrub.

lol so then we agree he has no business comparing himself to Charles

we agree he was a great role player

we disagree that he’s still a great role player

lol dray is the one running his damn mouth. had the nerve to compare himself to Charles Barkley. If he was one any other team you wouldn’t even know his name. he had a nice run for 3-4 years and played well but he was still a role player surrounded by an all time offense.

since last year he’s been pretty bad and it’s not gonna get any better
In a team sport you can’t possibly understate the importance of “role players.” Your stars are not forcing every miss, securing every defensive rebound. And that’s just as important as any of the offensive box score stats.

If you put 5 of the greatest scorers ever on a team, their ability to actually win a title would hinge on the ability of a few of those guys to do things that don’t involve scoring.

2011 Mavs, Kobe & LeBron held to a pedestrian 22 ppg & 18 ppg, Kevin Durant shots and points equal over the last 3 games of the series. Dirk did not guard or help at the rim on any of those guys.

‘97 Bulls, Karl Malone MVP of the league, held well below his scoring averages in the finals. MJ didn’t guard him at all. Similar story in ‘98.

Big 3 Celtics, Rondo gets better and now they have the best 1-2-3 in the league, Kobe & Fish are best guarding the two guards, so they go get Artest to guard the 3. Pierce with Vlad Rad as his man wins finals MVP in ‘08, not even in the discussion in 2010.

‘09 Lakers, Dwight Howard facing up and going right past big Z, you help and they have shooters all of over the court, rendering LeBron’s 38 ppg in the series useless. They go to the finals & Pau can guard Dwight straight up, Ariza is also back from injury. Orlando only breaks 100 once.

’12 & ‘13 Heat bringing in Shane Battier so Bron didn’t have to carry the team on both sides of the court.

Team sport. You need high level role players like Dray just like you need a high level creator off the dribble. Dray deserves to have a voice just as much

I’ve said it before, Draymond was an all-star in his role. The Warriors needed him to do what they did. No dispute. My issue is that he doesn’t seem to realize how blessed he’s been.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but 7 time champion Robert Horry isn’t on social media saying he was more impactful than Dominique Wilkins and the best clutch shot maker ever.

Boris is definitely in the perpetually out-of-shape NBA hall of fame.

200 (1).gif

Andre Miller was never a typical sports star — he was never a fitness freak and did not succeed for his athleticism and fitness. He was an anti-thesis of a modern day image conscious sportsperson whom you never find gorging on pizzas and burgers even during off-season.

“I was never a fitness freak, never bothered about diets or calories, I just had a healthy lifestyle – ate well and had sufficient rest. But that didn’t affect my basketball — on the court I worked hard, gave my 100% in every game. I was always very committed, played hard, trained hard and played to the best of my abilities,” Miller told HT in an interview on Friday.

"I have no regimen," Miller says. After the season ends, so does Miller's working out -- no weights, no cardio, no nothing. "I really don't pick up a basketball."

"(My diet) isn't healthy at all," Miller says. "Hamburgers, hot links on the Fourth of July, all that."

Andre Miller still had a career stretching 17 years in the National Basketball Association (NBA), during which he missed only three games due to health issues.

Matt and Stephen Jackson dropping episodes like a mfer and getting a lot of views. I knew these 2 had something since they was doing the IG live vids.

I believe that dreams are another plane of existence.

That has nothing to do with the NBA (for the most part, except if you dream you’re in the NBA, which I have)

Just saying.

So yes this is a bit of a trap...I hesitated to post and I will probably delete

Quarantine really got these yambs acting shameless out here. Admittedly dropping quickstrike thirst traps :lol: Love to see it, though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom