THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You were trying to insinuate that Steph was unjustly the posterboy because apparently others did more.
Don't hold people accountable for what you think they're saying.

Hold yourself accountable for your interpretations and assumptions.

I was trying to say the words that I said. Anything assumed past that is irresponsible conjecture. But I was already prepared for this, because I know that Stans get weird about anything even remotely negative said about him. I know the rules, and that's why I already made sure to point out "I didn't say that they could have won those championships without him. I said what I said, and didn't say what I didn't say. 🤙"

Steph is the Derek Jeter of the NBA.
Posterboy for a team's successful championship run even though others were mostly responsible?

Seems legit.

Well, except for Jeter's championship MVP. Aside from that 1, though, Jeter was indeed on a bunch of championship teams where someone else won the MVP even though he was the poster boy for all the team's success during his time.

I can see the parallel.

There is no Golden State Warriors dynasty without Steph Curry

There is no golden state dynasty without a broken kyrie kneecap and a Kevin love broken arm.

Golden State benefited more than anyone other than the Astros from this virus
tenor (5).gif

This went off the deep end expeditiously :lol:

Same could be said if they had no Thompson, KD, and to an extent Dray.

Sure, but that‘s how dynasties work. The sum of the parts come together to make something really special. Does not mean some parts aren’t more vital than others.

Pretty sure there are stats supporting that, of all the core 4 Warriors players, overall team performance dropped off the most when Steph was out as opposed to any of the others. Which means they still were really good no matter what, just not unstoppable.

I’m not even a Steph fan. I rooted against the Warriors they entire dynasty and have been critical of him for how he acts on the court. But this idea some people are pushing that he was just another guy on those teams, like you could have replaced him with, say, CJ McCullum and they still would have gone to the Final five straight times, nah. I can’t get behind that at all.

This Dray interview is really good. It 1000% contradicts some of KD’s points though. :lol: Dray is going to be great in the media after his career if he takes that route

This Dray interview is really good. It 1000% contradicts some of KD’s points though. :lol: Dray is going to be great in the media after his career if he takes that route

It confirms a lot of KDs points too tho. Particularly this one:

“It’s just my emotions and passion for the game,” Durant said after Friday’s practice session. “After winning that championship (last season), I learned that much hadn’t changed. I thought it would fill a certain [void]. It didn’t. That’s when I realized in the offseason that the only thing that matters is this game and how much work you put into it. Everything else off the court, social media, perception, isn’t important. What people say, how they view you, it’s not important.”

But yeah. That Draymond all the smoke interview....needs to be listened to in its ENTIRETY. Real easy to take some of his words out of context with just some selected clicks, and click baity headlines. Plus, it’s a great listen.

Even his high school recruitment was interesting :lol:. Him & Izzo relationship. Hilarious.

It confirms a lot of KDs points too tho. Particularly this one:

“It’s just my emotions and passion for the game,” Durant said after Friday’s practice session. “After winning that championship (last season), I learned that much hadn’t changed. I thought it would fill a certain [void]. It didn’t. That’s when I realized in the offseason that the only thing that matters is this game and how much work you put into it. Everything else off the court, social media, perception, isn’t important. What people say, how they view you, it’s not important.”

But yeah. That Draymond all the smoke interview....needs to be listened to in its ENTIRETY. Real easy to take some of his words out of context with just some selected clicks, and click baity headlines. Plus, it’s a great listen.

Even his high school recruitment was interesting :lol:. Him & Izzo relationship. Hilarious.
I definitely forgot he was committed to UK in his fatboy Dray days. Draymond actually seems like a really likeable dude off the court. Def one of your reliable/real loyal boys in group.

We all knew that the ring didn't have the effect on KD that he thought it would. But Dray also confirmed that he knew that KD was out the door way before. The cracks were bubbling underneath the surface there back when people were saying the rumors were nonsense. Hopefully KD finds his own happiness/fulfillment because this interview just confirms a whole bunch of stuff that people have said in here for a while.

Dray confirmed KD didn't bother in that game 2 vs the Clippers. :lol:

It was clear as hell. He stood in the corner and took 8 shots in the game :lol: and was sulking, passing up open shots and had more turnovers than shot attempts.

People in here were calling it out, in real time. Steve Kerr even said something about it after the game, and KD shot back, and said something along the lines of...”tell me how you want me to play” etc in regards to ball movement/passing etc.

I definitely forgot he was committed to UK in his fatboy Dray days. Draymond actually seems like a really likeable dude off the court. Def one of your reliable/real loyal boys in group.

We all knew that the ring didn't have the effect on KD that he thought it would. But Dray also confirmed that he knew that KD was out the door way before. The cracks were bubbling underneath the surface there back when people were saying the rumors were nonsense. Hopefully KD finds his own happiness/fulfillment because this interview just confirms a whole bunch of stuff that people have said in here for a while.

Crazy. If Dray ain’t reopen just recruitment back up...he might’ve ended up at UK a year later with Cal...a sophomore at the beginning of the one and done **** with Wall’s class.... and who knows if he’s seeing the floor, over the guys that were brought in. And Patrick Patterson being there.

He probably ends up transferring out or something. Cal was just loading up those teams.

Also funny to hear his dislike for CP3 :lol:

It was clear as hell. He stood in the corner and took 8 shots in the game :lol: and was sulking, passing up open shots and had more turnovers than shot attempts.

People in here were calling it out, in real time. Steve Kerr even said something about it after the game, and KD shot back, and said something along the lines of...”tell me how you want me to play” etc in regards to ball movement/passing etc.

Welp, then all I have to say about that is “thanks, KD.” Game was pretty fun for us Clippers fans :lol:

Speaking of Draymond. He moved into the building my brother lives in in SF right now. My brother said Glen Robinson III was also staying there before he got traded and the next time my brother talked to Dray, Dray said nobody ****** with Robinson III and they were glad he was gone :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom