THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NBA ain’t slick, they know it’s only a couple teams in places that’s gon have no stay at home order anytime soon :lol: ...Still an unfair advantage tho

EFEA5C31-E27E-4617-975C-13CF0D58673E.jpeg

California’s COVID numbers are starting to look better. If it continues in that direction, I‘M expecting to see phased-in reopening starting in May, but probably not until mid-month.

Cali is an interesting case study. Their numbers just aren't where they should be (considering their population), which implies a LOT of people have had it, and they are developing herd immunity. I'm not the type to say we should open everything soon, but late May/early June sounds about right for easing things.

I remember Filter :lol:

Bruh, these clowns played their one hit, and then started smashing guitars on stage. First of all, that song doesn't warrant smashing guitars. Second, the whole crowd was, like, "ya'll ain't Nirvana" lol

Cali is an interesting case study. Their numbers just aren't where they should be (considering their population), which implies a LOT of people have had it, and they are developing herd immunity. I'm not the type to say we should open everything soon, but late May/early June sounds about right for easing things.
The more I start to agree with that sentiment the more I then question if there was a spike in deaths? You would think then that people would be passing away left and right

NBA ain’t slick, they know it’s only a couple teams in places that’s gon have no stay at home order anytime soon :lol: ...Still an unfair advantage tho

Exactly. Seems like a political PR stunt in the sense that they’re just zigging along with the narrative. I also think this looks good because it allows some folks to go back to work and get paid.

You on this when your squad and the division/most teams in the conference their in ain’t nowhere close to being back open :lol:

They ain’t sparking back up without markets like DC/NYC/ Toronto/Boston etc which all said they shut down for basically another month at least...But you can celebrate the Hawks, Magic and Rockets getting back to practice go crazy

I guess Vegas, Texas, Florida, Georgia etc can be locations for teams in cities that can't open up yet. No sense in not practicing when everyone else is

You on this when your squad and the division/most teams in the conference their in ain’t nowhere close to being back open :lol:

They ain’t sparking back up without markets like DC/NYC/ Toronto/Boston etc which all said they shut down for basically another month at least...But you can celebrate the Hawks, Magic and Rockets getting back to practice go crazy

Tampa Bay Sixers
Charleston Celtics
Myrtle Beach Knicks
Raleigh Raptors
West Palm Beach Nets

Problem solved

The more I start to agree with that sentiment the more I then question if there was a spike in deaths? You would think then that people would be passing away left and right

It just never happened in Cali. LA kind of makes sense because it's so spread out, mass transit is almost non-existent, and people are kind of naturally distanced. NYC is a cesspool because of how it's configured. Just some thoughts.

I'm in the Seattle area, where so many people can work from home. All the tech companies sent their employees home at the beginning of March. I haven't seen a headline about deaths here in a month. It stopped being news a long time ago.

It just never happened in Cali. LA kind of makes sense because it's so spread out, mass transit is almost non-existent, and people are kind of naturally distanced. NYC is a cesspool because of how it's configured. Just some thoughts.

I'm in the Seattle area, where so many people can work from home. All the tech companies sent their employees home at the beginning of March. I haven't seen a headline about deaths here in a month. It stopped being news a long time ago.
Naw these other places rather stop/start than follow a real plan, they ain’t even looking at Seattle unfortunately ...Like storm2006 storm2006 said this is good headlines for a couple days, how they really gon do anything when a few teams practicing but most can’t ? It’s stupid

If they really bout it just split all the playoff teams between these no stay at home places and tip off sometime in June ...Would be funny to see a game 5/7 between the Heat and Bucks in State Farm arena :lol: :smh:

I give credit where it's due and the man said this:

Once **** like beaches, restaurants, gyms, movie theaters and stuff like that start opening up then sports leagues will start operating again. They’ll just take the necessary precautions.

We could go back and forth about "operate" but he was right in some sense. He also said this in the same post

Stop listening to the news made to make you panic.

Naw these other places rather stop/start than follow a real plan, they ain’t even looking at Seattle unfortunately ...Like storm2006 storm2006 said this is good headlines for a couple days, how they really gon do anything when a few teams practicing but most can’t ? It’s stupid

If they really bout it just split all the playoff teams between these no stay at home places and tip off sometime in June ...Would be funny to see a game 5/7 between the Heat and Bucks in State Farm arena :lol: :smh:

I'm not a big fan of the WA governor (I have reasons I won't get into), but he's handled this thing so well. If a Dem gets voted into office, he deserves a cabinet position. People are getting worked up over him not having a plan to re-open, and he's basically, like, "there's no plan because we don't know what the plan is yet".

Meanwhile, we got doofuses with their ARs protesting outside the state capitol like this is a Second Amendment issue. Bringing guns to a virus fight is dumber than bringing a knife to a gun fight.

I wonder if team facilities start reopening it will be like during Summers when they let any players who happen to be in the area work out there. Obviously you cannot have players from every team in the league flying Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, etc. to work out, but if players from other teams happen to be staying in those areas anyway, they will probably allowed in the facilities.

I wonder if team facilities start reopening it will be like during Summers when they let any players who happen to be in the area work out there. Obviously you cannot have players from every team in the league flying Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, etc. to work out, but if players from other teams happen to be staying in those areas anyway, they will probably allowed in the facilities.
Alotta cats live in Hou, ATL, MIA but imagine a player running wild in these places then goes back to the bulls or something and gets ppl sick blaming it on practice being open?

How the fam holding up out there big dawg? They say Cali ain’t too bad for a big state

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of the WA governor (I have reasons I won't get into), but he's handled this thing so well. If a Dem gets voted into office, he deserves a cabinet position. People are getting worked up over him not having a plan to re-open, and he's basically, like, "there's no plan because we don't know what the plan is yet".

Meanwhile, we got doofuses with their ARs protesting outside the state capitol like this is a Second Amendment issue. Bringing guns to a virus fight is dumber than bringing a knife to a gun fight.

I ****s with Jay Inslee heavy. Glad I’m not there right now, though. I was in Seattle most of Q1 this year and am thankful I didn’t catch COVID-19.

I was thinking this same thing. IMO its too risky. You don’t want to have to take blame for another teams player coming through your facility and getting sick.

It would only be fitting if these decisions came down to team vs league orders like the state vs federal jurisdiction battles we had about who decides on when to open up :lol:

That is true about CA, which is why I think the Governor and Mayor of LA are still playing things cautiously and looking at a really measured approach to reopening. From what I understand, CA, WA and Oregon have pledged to coordinate about it to at least some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom