THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BD9363CD-6763-4052-9565-FA6477A6FBCF.png

Some more fun graphics:

Playoff Games Leading Team In Points, Rebounds And Assists.jpg

Finals Triple Doubles.png

Elimination Game Stats.jpg

Not exactly nba related but i wonder what high school and college will do about seniors that couldn't finish the final season. Especially college bc that could determine whether or not they make it to the league.

I just logged off from work. I have worked 18+ hours every single day since I've been home. There is no real difference between weekdays and weekends anymore.

Log on at seven. Work until 1 am. Sleep. Get up and do it again. Every day.

**** that. Does not seem like any time to actually enjoy life. Not healthy at all either.

Who remembers being up at midnight for this gold medal game...

Team was good, but not documentary-worthy. It definitely had some weak spots. They need to make a documentary about this team:

GettyImages-1784698__1463691488.jpg

Based on reputation, it's not as good as the 1992 team, but based on how good every player on the team was at that point in time, I think it beats 92.

tryna Level up my wine game. What do you recommend
I personally like savory reds, a Cabernet Savignoun or a Cabernet Franc a lot. Or a Pinot Noir if you want something a bit lighter. Something you want to eat with red meat or pasta. Not that price is really an indicator of quality with wine but you’re safer in that $18-$25 range than going really cheap if you’re trying new stuff. And then I’d recommend finding a wine store where they have descriptions of what each bottle tastes like... or ask them... and just start getting stuff that sounds good to you.

I’m no wine expert but I know my lane and what I like.

Reggie most overrated player of all time.

I think he was the worst player on the 1996 team, but he was still several levels above the worst player on the 1992 team (Laettner) or the 2008 team (Prince). Which is what makes that 1996 team special.
Reggie's regular season accomplishments (5 x all-star, 3 x All-NBA 3rd team) are certainly not worthy of his reputation, but he's had some very impressive playoff scoring runs:

Miller.png

This was the best game ever. Being able to slander both James Harden & Chris Paul at the same time. Rare opportunity

Game was disgusting.

0D1FF307-360F-475D-B12E-309D140CE31E.png

Harden was also 5/20, and -23. He was truly terrible that game.

620FBBE3-336D-4633-BCAB-846E40985FC0.png

Another ugly seceret about this clippers were how bad of a team rebounding team they were.....SOLEY to boost Deandre Jordan’s ego/reputation.

They got out rebounded by 20 that game.

One of my least favorite games to watch. I just got mad again :smh:

According to Barkley, the guys on the '96 team didn't get along.

Barkley fondly recalled the '92 'Dream Team' and slammed the '96 squad in the same breath. "For the whole couple months, [the 1992 team] got along like it was the greatest thing in the world. Nobody had an ego," he said. "In '96, guys started complaining about playing time—guys started [saying] 'well I should be starting.' And I'm like 'wait a minute, y'all [aren't] even that good compared to the team I used to be on.'"

He didn't mention names, although he did state that several members of the '96 team, which won the gold medal in Atlanta that Olympiad, didn't even show up for practice out of disgust for their playing time. "It was not a lot of fun hearing guys ***** and complain all the time about who should be starting," Barkley said "...In '96, it was a nightmare. Guys complained about playing time and starting the whole time. I hated it."

According to Barkley, the guys on the '96 team didn't get along.

Their lack of chemistry didn't result in them losing to the NCAA all-stars like the 1992 team did though.
If I was a member of both teams, I'm sure I would have much fonder memories of the 1992 team as well. The 1992 team were treated like gods. The 1996 team didn't even have half the hype.

Ugliest series in the past 5 years
George hill out for most of the series and kevin love being ice cold made that a tough series.
Oladipo also was getting worse farther the series kept going.
Lol nah bro. That series was a lot of fun to watch. 5 of the 7 games were decided by 4 pts or less. Pacers had depth, 7 players avg double figures, Vs a one man wrecking ball Lebron. Love was 2nd in scoring at 11.
I could see the series being bad as a Cavs fan but as an nba fan and rooting for the upset it was exciting bro.

Also Dipo got worse as the series went on?
Game 6 : 28 pts, 13 reb, 10 ast, 4 stl
Game 7 : 30, 12, 6, 3

Yeah, wavycrocket wavycrocket - when I think about it, Doc’s insistence on trying to make DJ the 3rd member of a Clippers Big 3 was not the move. Yeah, it resulted in DJ doing things individually that I personally didn’t think he was capable of, but didn’t help the team much. Should have moved him after they got his trade value up.

Oh well though. All water under the bridge now:

AF812D72-6E50-4A12-9287-D1B3CBE79BB8.png

Still man, look at this bunch of bums the 92 Dream Team lost to.

Not like the whole team went on to play in the NBA at some point and the majority of them were NBA all stars...oh, wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom