THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their lack of chemistry didn't result in them losing to the NCAA all-stars like the 1992 team did though.
If I was a member of both teams, I'm sure I would have much fonder memories of the 1992 team as well. The 1992 team were treated like gods. The 1996 team didn't even have half the hype.
AF812D72-6E50-4A12-9287-D1B3CBE79BB8.png

Still man, look at this bunch of bums the 92 Dream Team lost to.

Not like the whole team went on to play in the NBA at some point and the majority of them were NBA all stars...oh, wait...

Both teams went 8-0. Both teams won a gold medal. 92 Squad had a +350 point differential (avg win by 44ppg). 96 Team had a +250 Point differential (avg win 31ppg).

Why can’t both teams be considered historical great USA Men’s basketball teams and a highly exceptional group of talent relative to their counterparts from other nations?

For completeness, I looked up the Redeem Team and their point differential was lowest at +213 (27 PPG). They also had the slimmest gold medal gam victory at +11 in comparison to 32 and 26 for Dream Teams I and II, respectively.

Looking at the 1996 Olympic team roster and theorizing who would most likely to complain about PT. Seems unlikely it would have been the guys who were also on the 1992 team - Chuck, Scottie, Stockton, Admiral, Malone.

So that leaves Penny, G. Hill, Reggie Miller, Shaq, Mitch Richmond, Hakeem and GP.

I’m going with Shaq, GP and Reggie as the most likely complainers.

Both teams went 8-0. Both teams won a gold medal. 92 Squad had a +350 point differential (avg win by 44ppg). 96 Team had a +250 Point differential (avg win 31ppg).

Why can’t both teams be considered historical great USA Men’s basketball teams and a highly exceptional group of talent relative to their counterparts from other nations?

For completeness, I looked up the Redeem Team and their point differential was lowest at +213 (27 PPG). They also had the slimmest gold medal gam victory at +11 in comparison to 32 and 26 for Dream Teams I and II, respectively.

On the Redeem Team, I’d attribute those numbers more to international competition being much better overall in 2008.

I love to cook and the food that I cook is good, but I’m kind of getting tired of eating my own food every day. Am I the only one?

Reggie Miller is my number one choice for "Doesn't deserve to be in the HoF"
Whoa, I never realized Mitch Richmond's resume was comparable to Reggie's

A few things in Reggie's favor: he led the league in 3PM two different seasons and is in the 50-40-90 club. He also was a part of more winning teams

Reggie never made an All NBA 2nd Team while Richmond made 3. Richmond also had 1 more All Star selection than Reggie

Mind kinda blown

On the Redeem Team, I’d attribute those numbers more to international competition being much better overall in 2008.
Yeah the level of competition really isn’t remotely comparable.

For sure, I wasn’t making THAT comparison. I just put them in for completeness because I figured others might have been curious as well. One could argue that dissension in the ranks aside, the declining differentials in 1996 and 2000 (+163) then loss in 2004 are also evidence of the increase in global competition

A few things in Reggie's favor: he led the league in 3PM two different seasons and is in the 50-40-90 club. He also was a part of more winning teams

Reggie never made an All NBA 2nd Team while Richmond made 3. Richmond also had 1 more All Star selection than Reggie

Mind kinda blown

Mitch Richmond is an NBA Champion.
1587917432743.jpeg

1587917450797.jpeg

Edit: Vince, you got a point...looks like the narrative shifts in Reggie’s favor because his career was longer, 3-point record and he played on more winning teams.

Mitch put up 21/4/4/1 on 46/39/85 to Reggie’s 18/3/3/1 on 47/40/89 (Reggie averaged 1.2 more 3PA per game). Wow.

Last edited:
Crazy that it’s already April 26. Although we’ve been trapped at home it feels like this month has went by fast.

Mind kinda blown

Reggie made the choke sign at Spike Lee after one miracle win against the Knicks doe...

Mitch Richmond is an NBA Champion.
1587917432743.jpeg

1587917450797.jpeg

Edit: Vince, you got a point...looks like the narrative shifts in Reggie’s favor because his career was longer, 3-point record and he played on more winning teams.

Mitch put up 21/4/4/1 on 46/39/85 to Reggie’s 18/3/3/1 on 47/40/89 (Reggie averaged 1.2 more 3PA per game). Wow.
Richmond does have a ring, but do you remember that season :lol:

Sheed doesn't have a single All NBA selection nor any USA accomplishments. I wouldn't say his legacy was definitely better than Reggie's if at all

I'm good my life is very good. We're in a weird environment and everyone's making sacrifices not just me.

Reggie Miller is my number one choice for "Doesn't deserve to be in the HoF"

How is it not Mitch Richmond? Dude didn't have a winning record his last ten seasons in the league (I'm not counting his last season riding the bench for the 2002 Lakers). Reggie at least made conference finals and finals.

Lol nah bro. That series was a lot of fun to watch. 5 of the 7 games were decided by 4 pts or less. Pacers had depth, 7 players avg double figures, Vs a one man wrecking ball Lebron. Love was 2nd in scoring at 11.
I could see the series being bad as a Cavs fan but as an nba fan and rooting for the upset it was exciting bro.
L

Also Dipo got worse as the series went on?
Game 6 : 28 pts, 13 reb, 10 ast, 4 stl
Game 7 : 30, 12, 6, 3
Memory starting to fade
Looked at the box score looks like he got cold games 3,4, and 5
Just remember game 7 he was clanking 3s in crunch time

Mitch Richmond contributed 4 points to that Lakers playoff run. He's in the starting back court of the ring chasing All-Stars, alongside Gary Payton.

That’s fair, but IIRC, GP actually contributed in bench role for the 06 Heat. At least a lot more than Richmond did to the title his Lakers team won.

This was the best game ever. Being able to slander both James Harden & Chris Paul at the same time. Rare opportunity

just stupid **** man I was here for this game too

I have such a different opinion of lob city now that I’m older and it’s past

How is it not Mitch Richmond? Dude didn't have a winning record his last ten seasons in the league (I'm not counting his last season riding the bench for the 2002 Lakers). Reggie at least made conference finals and finals.
The case that Richmond has over Reggie would be his 3 All NBA 2nd Team selections compared to Reggie's 0. And if splitting hairs, the 1 more All Star selection

But Reggie definitely has a case over Richmond as well with the winning, the 50-40-90 and the 3 point accomplishments

It was just closer than I actually thought it was, at least imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom