THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch Richmond is the en vogue choice but Reggie Miller's resume is very comparable and gets a lot of undue hype due to a few key plays and some crazy media narrative about him being a "killer" and the 3 point stuff which he "pioneered"

Whoa, I never realized Mitch Richmond's resume was comparable to Reggie's

A few things in Reggie's favor: he led the league in 3PM two different seasons and is in the 50-40-90 club. He also was a part of more winning teams

Reggie never made an All NBA 2nd Team while Richmond made 3. Richmond also had 1 more All Star selection than Reggie

Mind kinda blown
Reggie made the choke sign at Spike Lee after one miracle win against the Knicks doe...
Say it louder for the people in the back

Game was disgusting.

0D1FF307-360F-475D-B12E-309D140CE31E.png

Harden was also 5/20, and -23. He was truly terrible that game.

620FBBE3-336D-4633-BCAB-846E40985FC0.png

Another ugly seceret about this clippers were how bad of a team rebounding team they were.....SOLEY to boost Deandre Jordan’s ego/reputation.

They got out rebounded by 20 that game.

One of my least favorite games to watch. I just got mad again :smh:

omg man lol ****

this really is...unbelievable. Lob city was incredibly unlucky with health but they really should of moved on from either blake or DJ (imo BG) and go 4 out but hindsight is 20/20

That’s fair, but IIRC, GP actually contributed in bench role for the 06 Heat. At least a lot more than Richmond did to the title his Lakers team won.

GP is my dude, obviously, and yes, he did actually make some contributions to that Heat run, but his ring chasing at the end of his career was pretty egregious lol

Regarding Mitch, he was a very well-liked player around the league, and I think that's what helped him eventually get into the HOF. He certainly didn't earn it based on his career. He was a good stats bad team guy who made the second round of the playoffs twice (his rookie and third seasons), and wasn't even the best player on those Warriors teams (Chris Mullin was). He made the playoffs only once after he left the Warriors, winning only one playoff game.

Good piece on Reggie:

He explains in there that Reggie probably deserved more All NBA selections than he received.
Wow, came down from the rafters like Sting with this crazy detailed article

"All told, I grade Miller with nine to 11 low-level All-NBA years — he should have been a mainstay on that team — and 13 All-Star seasons."

1587920100320.png

omg man lol ****

this really is...unbelievable. Lob city was incredibly unlucky with health but they really should of moved on from either blake or DJ (imo BG) and go 4 out but hindsight is 20/20

Like I said before, I never ever remember an experience like that when I was in a sustained period of disgusted disbelief. The Clippers literally did nothing right in that game after about mid-way through the third quarter:

How is it not Mitch Richmond? Dude didn't have a winning record his last ten seasons in the league (I'm not counting his last season riding the bench for the 2002 Lakers). Reggie at least made conference finals and finals.

The responses to this will be interesting to see how people value/de-value winning to support their narrative.

It was just closer than I actually thought it was, at least imo

Mitch Richmond is the en vogue choice but Reggie Miller's resume is very comparable and gets a lot of undue hype due to a few key plays and some crazy media narrative about him being a "killer" and the 3 point stuff which he "pioneered"

Agreed. Anyone have the graphics of Mitch Richmond’s teammates vs Reggie Millers so we can put this to bed? Or does that only work in Jordan/Bron debates?

GP is my dude, obviously, and yes, he did actually make some contributions to that Heat run, but his ring chasing at the end of his career was pretty egregious lol

l

True. Right up there with Shaq’s last couple years in the NBA. Except GP got the ring at the end.

I was saying it even back then. DJ was easily replaceable. We should have not kidnapped that one offseason. Cole Aldrich was arguably a better fit the one season he was here for peanuts.

The responses to this will be interesting to see how people value/de-value winning to support their narrative.

Agreed. Anyone have the graphics of Mitch Richmond’s teammates vs Reggie Millers so we can put this to bed? Or does that only work in Jordan/Bron debates?

I picked 1992-1993 at random for a comparison of the Pacers and Kings respective rosters -

DC1CD57E-5B3B-4E5A-80E7-125E865BB645.png
B0F0BE6B-DBAE-4A1F-86AF-662BF834A392.png

Feel free to discuss...

To say Rasheed Wallace has a better record than Reggie Miller is laughable. I wouldn’t even take your opinion seriously if you said that. Just let your bias go because you don’t like the guy.

Now, Rasheed Wallace aside (you serious?) here are some reasons Reggie Miller was a HoF shoo-in no matter how much you want to quibble over his stats:

1. He played on one franchise his whole career
2. That franchise was competitive the entire time
3. He’s the best player in the history of that franchise.

That’s going to get you in the hall. Pretty simple.

I get it, he’s ugly, he’s not cool, he’s a bad commentator and you hate the Pacers. But if you think Rasheed Wallace had a better career than Reggie Miller you know nothing about basketball.

I was saying it even back then. DJ was easily replaceable. We should have not kidnapped that one offseason. Cole Aldrich was arguably a better fit the one season he was here for peanuts.
In 16 though DJ + CP3 combo led LAC to like 53 wins with Blake missing 42 games. JJ Redick alluded to this recently on his pod that they found something with this configuration. Plus they would of got some good **** back depending on when they moved on from him.

if neither are floor spacers I’d go cp3 and dj surrounded by shooters. It became a bit clunky and unless BG was going to play more 5 it would of stayed that way

Having Doc be both the coach and GM for four full seasons was a big mistake.

And I am now convinced nobody should have that dual role. It’s impossible for one person to do both jobs equally objectively at the same time.

I was convinced had the Lakers won game 6, we were getting a Kobe-Shaq finals. He obliterated the Mavs that year and no way the Clips win a hallway series. Damn Kwame and them tiny *** hands.

the clips were solidly better than the Lakers that year stawp

Having Doc be both the coach and GM for four full seasons was a big mistake.

And I am now convinced nobody should have that dual role. It’s impossible for one person to do both jobs equally objectively at the same time.

This I agree with Now. Didn’t at the time. Still don’t think he was “terrible” (well maybe :lol:) but it was a mess lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom