THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not watching the leaks, but four episodes in and there hasn't been a lot of the 1998 footage used I feel.

Well the footage they got, they mentioned how their access to the team was greater as the season wore on and the team and coaching staff got more comfortable with them around. They didn't have access to every game, Adam Silver didn't allow it, and they only had access to the practices that PJax allowed them to have. It does pick up though in this regard, especially towards the 2nd half of the season and into the playoffs.

What’s going on here lolll

tenor.gif

as antidope antidope said, bring back basketball but anything dissing that BAN Wade I’m down with lol

Just watched the 5th episode and man this is a very frustrating doc. It's called the last dance but each episode has less and less footage of the 98 season

The footage is recycled badly.
The overall idea of the Doc is Supreme but the Execution has been off.

Small things bug me.
Like Jordan’s first Chip was won in the 6’s.
(After losing to the Pistons in the ECF the 2nd time in a row)They footage they show of Bulls working out and getting stronger so the Pistons wouldn’t beat them up again, had Jordan in the 7’s.
That footage needed to be in the 5’s or 6’s to be correct.

I know some may say it’s only up to the fourth episode now maybe Tony will make an appearance in later episodes… But the way this doc is structured… It seems to be jumping around a lot throughout the years and I still haven’t even seen Tonys face once

The footage is recycled badly.
The overall idea of the Doc is Supreme but the Execution has been off.

Small things bug me.
Like Jordan’s first Chip was won in the 6’s.
(After losing to the Pistons in the ECF the 2nd time in a row)They footage they show of Bulls working out and getting stronger so the Pistons wouldn’t beat them up again, had Jordan in the 7’s.
That footage needed to be in the 5’s or 6’s to be correct.

I also coulda swore they showed jordan wearing a 3 peat shirt that was suppsoedly the video of them celebrating the Pistons series win. Or was I trippin? Lol

Some of you all would complain about everything lol ... it’s clear they have to explain the back story of the main people involved
Episode 1 mainly Jordan
Episode 2 mainly pippen
Episode 3 mainly Rodman
Episode 4 mainly Phil Jackson
Sprinkled in what each added to a growing team when they arrived ... I do think they will probably lump the other players in the next 2 episodes as well as Jordan’s retirement .... and the last 4 would be more about the 97-98 team

I know some may say it’s only up to the fourth episode now maybe Tony will make an appearance in later episodes… But the way this doc is structured… It seems to be jumping around a lot throughout the years and I still haven’t even seen Tonys face once
Tony kukoc? They've shown him a bunch of times. Him and Luc. They just got no lines.

Last edited:
I'm baffled by this too. They had Bill Wennington and Joe Kline in this and those guys were less pivotal to the success of the Bulls.
I know Toni got a job as a consultant to the team so there might be something to that...don't really know, maybe MJ and Scottie put the kibosh on Toni being included, who knows but he did come out recently and voiced his displeasure of the tone of the first 2 episodes.
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/toni-kukoc-opens-last-dance-relationship-jerry-krause

Toni had the pleasure of being wined and dined by Krause heavily, he was getting paid while Scottie was getting crumbs.
It's only natural that he would stand up for the guy that brought him over.

I've said this before when this started and I'll say it again.
The Reinsdorf's cant just wash they're hands of this mess, they have to own it as much as the Krause.
Mighty convenient of the Reinsdorfs to let the ghost of Krause take all these bullets, when these clown were at the helm and could've made a change.
If anything I want this docuseries to shame and embarrass the Reinsdorfs for how they have conducted business for all these years. Cause even after Krause left Paxon still acted like the ghost of Krause....right down to threatening players and coaches and leaking stories to the press.

F Krause!!
F the Reinsdorfs!!
F Paxson!!!

Tnoi was probably very vanilla during his interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom