THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that liked that the Pistons walked off the court?

I love villainy, it was the perfect villain, Ric Flair cowardly heeel thing to do. It was perfectly in keeping with their persona and a perfect end to their run as champs.

:rofl: :rofl:

What a joke
'
Says the sixers fan in denial. You were high on Fultz and now you're back peddling.

Can't believe it, but I agree with Buc Em here. This current version of Fultz does not help Philly's problems. He still isn't a shooter. He still shoots very oddly. He still has a long way to go to break whatever is wrong with him. He's improving, but still a long way to go.

The turn on Fultz by Buc Em is hilarious though.

But, on a side note, Fultz was special in college. To say the person who wanted to draft him is dumb, is disingenuous.

All this standing up for Fultz is so damn hilarious when the dude was wearing a Sixer jersey y’all did nothing but clown him and the Sixers for trading up to take the dude while we were giving him standing ovations for making layups like a Make A Wish kid anytime he got into the game.

This dude averages 12 PPG. He is the exact same player he was with us, just with worse players and having the ball in his hands more. His shooting is still trash and he’d still be a terrible fit currently with what we need from a combo guard that can stretch the floor.

Am I the only one that liked that the Pistons walked off the court?

I love villainy, it was the perfect villain, Ric Flair cowardly heeel thing to do. It was perfectly in keeping with their persona and a perfect end to their run as champs.

Unpopular opinion but I believe that little rat, Zeke. The Celtics clearly did the same thing to them. It makes sense that they would do it to Jordan. A little surprised that Jordan was so bothered by it :lol:

All this standing up for Fultz is so damn hilarious when the dude was wearing a Sixer jersey y’all did nothing but clown him and the Sixers for trading up to take the dude while we were giving him standing ovations for making layups like a Make A Wish kid anytime he got into the game.

This dude averages 12 PPG. He is the exact same player he was with us, just with worse players and having the ball in his hands more. His shooting is still trash and he’d still be a terrible fit currently with what we need from a combo guard that can stretch the floor.

i agree with you that he wouldn't help the issues yall have now, but aren't you doing the same thing you're accusing others of...just in reverse?

the general public clowned him when he was a sixer, but you and other fans cited to his potential and said it would work out fine. now he's showing signs of those improvements and the general public is acknowledging that, but now you're clowning him and said he's trash.

You know who is missing from this documentary? The original “Jordan Stopper”, one Gerald Wilkins. I’d like to hear his take.

Mannnn KD was always the guy. I never was on team Oden
Oden was dominant as hell in college. Both looked like sure fire superstars . Back then you would always draft the big when presented with two options. Even in the NBA despite getting injured all the time Oden was pretty productive when he could play.

He was much better than Noah and Horford who both turned into All Stars

EWmP8dHVcAUdO9_

Oden was dominant as hell in college. Both looked like sure fire superstars . Back then you would always draft the big when presented with two options. Even in the NBA despite getting injured all the time Oden was pretty productive when he could play.

He was much better than Noah and Horford who both turned into All Stars

Do you remember what KD was in college? He was always a unicorn. Oden was raw. And he did dominate Florida but KD had one of the best freshman years ever.

Fultz would still be the best pg on the Sixers roster today.

Before they traded him, he was looking like a future elite pnr guard. Not willing to shoot is an obvious handicap that team knows all too well, but forcing Simmons to PF alleviates many of their problems just getting him out of the way on offense and relegating him to off the ball.

Too much pressure to be good too soon. They could've waited and who knows what would've came of it. If Fultz got back to anywhere he was at UW Sixers could've been elite on both sides of the ball.

I personally believe a lot of the criticism of this documentary stems from how we're used to consuming content in 2020. I believe the Orenthal James Doc and a few others were released over a period of time but in the modern era a majority documentaries are telling the complete story in ~90 to 120 minutes or being released as docuseries that simultaneously release for viewers to binge. What makes this seem "choppy" is the fact that it's not released Netflix style (all at the same time). It's important to remember that while each part thus far jumps around in time and elements may not be specifically about the 97-98 season, it's being shown because it was an important factor that played into the 97-98 season and culmination of the Bulls dynasty.

Yes, this is portrayed as a documentary about "The Last Dance" but in order to understand and appreciate the magnitude as well as significance of that season, it's paramount to delve into the individuals, their backgrounds/personas and the circumstances leading up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom