THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people really upset the Pistons didn't shake hands?

At the time it happened I was really bothered by it, but mainly because I hated that Pistons team as a kid. I don’t really care anymore. But I guess some people really do. LOL.

7848664B-583F-414C-B22F-24AB265CB4ED.jpeg

what an embarrassment of a franchise

Player MJ let everything bother him and used it all as motivation. Part of why he was so good ... and such an a-hole :lol:

:lol: He might be hyping it with the ranking but still :pimp:

#FBF

The background/beef behind this is hilarious :lol:

I think all three of these scenarios - Mike hating the Bad Boys, Jimmy Butler saying he was the 1, 253rd ranked player and Shaq making up that David Robinson snubbed him of an autograph - are all examples of how athletes, as well as very successful people, often create or modify narratives to motivate them to go the extra mile which is what has allowed them to excel. It sounds ****** up but self-manipulation can work and in these extreme cases, the more you say it and others run with it, the more you actually begin to believe it even though you know it's not true.

I am by no means saying this makes them off but it is a unique intangible within their DNA that makes them great at what they do.

This is a pretty cool video of Rodman explaining the triangle offence. Now can someone explain to me why it's not working today? Shouldn't it be more effective since everyone on the team is now expected to know how to shoot a basketball?

This is a pretty cool video of Rodman explaining the triangle offence. Now can someone explain to me why it's not working today? Shouldn't it be more effective since everyone on the team is now expected to know how to shoot a basketball?

Spacing due to emphasis on post entry

Doesn't lead to many 3 point opportunities really. Which makes sense, it was developed in a time where you had strong post players and the focus was on scoring out of the post or getting to the basket instead of hunting for 3s.

If you have to pretend that Rodman's life was interesting… if you don't think his life was interesting, I need to know details about your life, immediately. Because it must be a hell of a ride for ya.

All this standing up for Fultz is so damn hilarious when the dude was wearing a Sixer jersey y’all did nothing but clown him and the Sixers for trading up to take the dude while we were giving him standing ovations for making layups like a Make A Wish kid anytime he got into the game.

This dude averages 12 PPG. He is the exact same player he was with us, just with worse players and having the ball in his hands more. His shooting is still trash and he’d still be a terrible fit currently with what we need from a combo guard that can stretch the floor.

Personally I feel nothing but terrible for the kid.

I can't imagine what it would be like suddenly mentally short circuiting while you have the scrutiny of being the number one pick.

I hope nothing but good things happens to him from Here on out, cuz he got dealt a tough hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom