THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember what KD was in college? He was always a unicorn. Oden was raw. And he did dominate Florida but KD had one of the best freshman years ever.
That was probably the first college season I followed.
Everyone knew KD was gonna be good the draft comparisons were T-Mac and Dirk which looking back is pretty damn accurate.

Oden although was less polished he was a mobileish 7 footer with a good touch and elite defensive instincts . Centers we’re always evaluated unfairly though due to NBA history. He did just enough To be the consensus choice.

So he's not allowed to use Twitter anymore and comment how people are confusing him for Zeke?
Correct.

I was not joking at all. Not allowed. No time for jokes right now in the midst of a pandemic, that's my MO. Deadass, he's not allowed to mention people's confusion.

Totally what I literally meant. And I still mean it.

LeBron was the only high schooler to get more hype than Greg Oden at that time. Back to back national player of the year. Won 3 state titles in a row. Was looked at as the next great defensive big man. Very physically imposing. Went to OSU, won DPOY, got to the national championship game where he dropped 25/12/4 on 2 older top 10 picks.

KD was incredible at Texas and certainly deserving of being drafted #1, but the case was absolutely there for Oden. He had the pedigree and backed it up on the court. Portland wanted to build an elite frontcourt with him and LMA at a time where you needed great bigs. The pick made sense.

All this standing up for Fultz is so damn hilarious when the dude was wearing a Sixer jersey y’all did nothing but clown him and the Sixers for trading up to take the dude while we were giving him standing ovations for making layups like a Make A Wish kid anytime he got into the game.

This dude averages 12 PPG. He is the exact same player he was with us, just with worse players and having the ball in his hands more. His shooting is still trash and he’d still be a terrible fit currently with what we need from a combo guard that can stretch the floor.
You do know if our elite head coach let him run point and move Ben off ball instead of constantly using TJ McConnell all of this could’ve been avoided

Yes Fultz set shot off the catch is still bad but he still run a PnR and shoot off the dribble. Something we still lack

Didn't realize it was THIS bad

20200427_110741.jpg

You do know if our elite head coach let him run point and move Ben off ball instead of constantly using TJ McConnell all of this could’ve been avoided

Yes Fultz set shot off the catch is still bad but he still run a PnR and shoot off the dribble. Something we still lack

Shake and Alec Burks do all of this and without having to worry about either of them not practicing or refusing to shoot the ball because of a mental breakdown that they’ll blame on a shoulder injury.

Shake and Alec Burks do all of this and without having to worry about either of them not practicing or refusing to shoot the ball because of a mental breakdown that they’ll blame on a shoulder injury.
Man you were one of the main ones calling Shake trash prior to his run in February. Miss me with this ****

Your coach wanted him to groom him into a catch and shoot player rather than letting him do what he does best and thats running PnR, shooting off the dribble and getting to the rim. But your coach was too worried about making Simmons a PG instead of a playmaking PF

Man you were one of the main ones calling Shake trash prior to his run in February. Miss me with this ****

Your coach wanted him to groom him into a catch and shoot player rather than letting him do what he does best and thats running PnR, shooting off the dribble and getting to the rim. But your coach was too worried about making Simmons a PG instead of a playmaking PF

Fool who you calling “my coach” like I haven’t trashed Brett Brown more than you over the years?

Shake and Alec Burks do all of this and without having to worry about either of them not practicing or refusing to shoot the ball

So it's a problem and worrisome if Fultz doesn't practice or refuses to shoot the ball....but not Ben? The fact you're electing to roll with Shake and Alec Burks rather than Fultz (who still has a year left on his rookie contract then another year with a qualifying offer if you wanted him) further demonstrates your woeful short-sightedness. Yes, Fultz may require that extra year or two to develop but with your current roster construction you are not winning **** right now so why not stick with someone who has the ceiling of a Markelle Fultz and potential to be what you need?

Unpopular opinion but I believe that little rat, Zeke. The Celtics clearly did the same thing to them. It makes sense that they would do it to Jordan. A little surprised that Jordan was so bothered by it :lol:

Player MJ let everything bother him and used it all as motivation. Part of why he was so good ... and such an a-hole :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom