THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@amitt5504 @buc em relax guys, we are on the same team. Now do a virtual hand shake.

All handshakes are out. Bows only now...

C1A01EAA-EAFD-4BDA-AE47-2B8939CEA25B.gif

I get what Bill is saying in the sense that like Dennis Rodman himself doesn't have any particular deep thoughts about why he did the things he did, so when interview Rodman himself he doesn't have particularly interesting thoughts about his motivations.

His life is undeniably interesting but I can see thinking like Rodman's thoughts about his life or analyzing why he did the things he did is not particularly interesting.

I felt kinda the same way about the Ric Flair doc, Ric Flair doesn't really have deep/ interesting thoughts about his own identity and life story.

I get what Bill is saying in the sense that like Dennis Rodman himself doesn't have any particular deep thoughts about why he did the things he did, so when interview Rodman himself he doesn't have particularly interesting thoughts about his motivations.

His life is undeniably interesting but I can see thinking like Rodman's thoughts about his life or analyzing why he did the things he did is not particularly interesting.

I felt kinda the same way about the Ric Flair doc, Ric Flair doesn't really have deep/ interesting thoughts about his own identity and life story.

The fact Rodman doesn’t have any deep introspection/reasoning for how he is makes him more interesting to me, actually.

But what’s interesting and what isn’t to people is very subjective.

At the time it happened I was really bothered by it, but mainly because I hated that Pistons team as a kid. I don’t really care anymore. But I guess some people really do. LOL.

Understandably so. When you hate a team, you look for anything to hold against them.
It's just weird cause these guys were literally out there knocking each other out, only for people to get upset over a handshake.
Some of the guys who complain about guys being friends and too buddy buddy just look funny in the light being upset over a handshake lol.

This is a pretty cool video of Rodman explaining the triangle offence. Now can someone explain to me why it's not working today? Shouldn't it be more effective since everyone on the team is now expected to know how to shoot a basketball?

Among other things, it neuters the PG position and leads to many post ups and mid-range jumpers.

To go with that, the Triangle is dependent on reading and reacting (chemistry) and the roster turnover in today's NBA climate, it isn't a wise offense to install.
to apply as a small business? When you’rea billion dollar organization?

The fact Rodman doesn’t have any deep introspection/reasoning for how he is makes him more interesting to me, actually.

But what’s interesting and what isn’t to people is very subjective.
Yah ultimately, I enjoy all the Rodman stories. :lol:

But I can understand how Simmons could come to that conclusion especially if you've heard all the stories before.

Yah ultimately, I enjoy all the Rodman stories. :lol:

But I can understand how Simmons could come to that conclusion especially if you've heard all the stories before.

Yeah, my issue is more with how Simmons phrased what he said.

If he personally doesn’t find Rodman interesting, I get that. But he doesn’t get to tell everyone else that they’re just “pretending” to think the Worm is interesting. He’s not the arbiter of what is or isn’t interesting for anyone but himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom