THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always comedy when the conservative crowd labels someone standing for the anthem as "courageous" like dudes are gonna get jumped in the locker room for not kneeling. It's courageous to stand but it wasn't courageous when Kaep was getting ripped on a weekly basis when he was the only one kneeling? FOH

Schroeder got a wife and kids now? That’s what’s up, guess he really chilled out and became a family man when he got away from the ATL life :lol: :pimp:

What I said about standing for anthem applies to Leonard as well. If you're supporting the cause in other ways other than kneeling then idc if you stand for the anthem. I'd rather a player contribute financially or physically attend protests than a player who just kneels but has done 0 real life work towards social justice and equality. But you can't stand for the anthem if you've done absolutely nothing to support the oppression in America.

While I wholeheartedly agree with you, that unfortunately isn’t how things work nowadays. For example - Kaep kneeled to protest police brutality against African Americans. I know that. You know that. Most of NT knows that. Kaepernick said so himself.

However, Trump disagrees. Trump said Kaep was disrespecting the flag and subsequently the country and it’s troops. Tens of millions of people subscribed to that explanation and now kneeling is considered an act against America as a nation.

THAT crowd is unfortunately going to take these players and coaches standing then appropriate it to fit their narrative and faux outrage. Pop, Hammons, Leonard and Deacon Isaac are going to be considered “Real Americans” and “Patriots” irregardless of their reason for standing. **** could be because they have they bad knees and they’d still get love from THAT crowd.

Hall and Oates got bangers

giphy (3).gif

While I wholeheartedly agree with you, that unfortunately isn’t how things work nowadays. For example - Kaep kneeled to protest police brutality against African Americans. I know that. You know that. Most of NT knows that. Kaepernick said so himself.

However, Trump disagrees. Trump said Kaep was disrespecting the flag and subsequently the country and it’s troops. Tens of millions of people subscribed to that explanation and now kneeling is considered an act against America as a nation.

THAT crowd is unfortunately going to take these players and coaches standing then appropriate it to fit their narrative and faux outrage. Pop, Hammons, Leonard and Deacon Isaac are going to be considered “Real Americans” and “Patriots” irregardless of their reason for standing. **** could be because they have they bad knees and they’d still get love from THAT crowd.

Oh yeah I fully understand that narrative but I just think it's dumb when these MAGAs label every dude who stands a hero. The NBA commissioner is White and 100% of people who own an NBA team are also White. So the idea that not supporting something that is supposed to be pro-Black equality makes you brave is crazy talk when all the power in the league is White.

Maybe just me, but it seems these games are going way over their allotted 2.5 hours.

Gotta play most of the fourth quarter still and the next game is in 15 minutes. :lol:
They really have. I think it’s like 6 to go Im the 4th the THeres another quarter and a half

Kneeling being gentrified now is something I didn’t think could happen. I knew it jumped the shark when a bunch of the Democrats did it while wearing kente clothes weeks back. It looked like a Black Panther parody.

And, if I’m not mistaken, the main reason Kap started doing it years ago was to bring awareness about police brutality and systemic racism. The awareness is there now even without anyone continuing to kneel. Which is not to say everyone should stop doing it, but just further reasons why it’s not the same gesture that it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom