THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bron adds to the narratives himself tho cuz he knows the media just ready to eat it up...he was just talking bout all the adversity behind the scenes making it “tough” for yo to play at a high level

On the lowest of keys, the LeBron and Dame conversation has been going on since Memorial Day but 2020 time is different so everyone forgets (I didn't recall that I was even in on it at the time :lol: ).

Not today 🤦🏾‍♂️
Dame on the Klutch payroll!!
Dame trying to force his way to LA EARLY :lol:

^^^^ I been telling y’all. The nba media since about 2015 has gone on an absolute nasty nose dive. And it’s impacted the way the game is discussed and generally understood. Perceptions, narratives and misperception run amuck.

It’s essentially become a backdrop for LeBron chasing some mythical “goat” status...and anybody in his way (Or on his team) either gets torn down or propped up when it’s convenient.
Keep it real... From 2015 to 2019 we saw the best basketball by one team we will ever see.... And people spent more time hating on it from the get go than appreciating it. The sport itself really took a backseat it was nuts.

Y'all literally have said in here the Blazers are going to take out the Show. If not them, the Rockets. And the Clippers got the greatest team of all time waiting in the wings if somehow they make it through all that. It ain't just the media, NT's own experts are following and pushing the same narratives. So if Bron and the show pull this off, you'll have nobody to blame but yourselves for the slurpage.

We ain't eem supposed to be here.

If that’s the case, fans play a part as well because some of y’all in here, and in general, are the same ones saying the Lakers gotta worry about Portland as well. Knowing damn well they’re not THAT big of a threat.

That’s where you gotta discern the difference between guys like me, ROOTING for the Lakers to fail.

And then actually using my basketball cap, and knowing how unlikely it is that Portland will actually beat them :lol:. Hell, it might be PHX in that 8 seed.

What I’m speaking about is a much larger conversation than this years 1-8 matchup tho. Last half decade (especially since July 2016) has gone into narrative overdrive.

I mean the fact that we're even seriously discussing a 1-8 matchup is a problem. But I digress... The NBA better suspend Giannis.

^^^^ I been telling y’all. The nba media since about 2015 has gone on an absolute nasty nose dive. And it’s impacted the way the game is discussed and generally understood. Perceptions, narratives and misperception run amuck.

It’s essentially become a backdrop for LeBron chasing some mythical “goat” status...and anybody in his way (Or on his team) either gets torn down or propped up when it’s convenient.

Yea, and the problem is that people severely overrate Dame and the Blazers.
Well thing is that the Lakers don’t have Bradley or Playoff Rondo to guard Dame. The options are KCP, Alex Ginobili, Mion, Green. Decent defenders but guys Dame will absolutely roast. Blazers are a team that can get ridiculously hot from 3 and theoretically catch “lightning in a bottle” for a good couple of games.

We all know Lakers will probably win but we wouldn’t be surprised if Dame sent them and sent AD packing lol

Y'all literally have said in here the Blazers are going to take out the Show. If not them, the Rockets. And the Clippers got the greatest team of all time waiting in the wings if somehow they make it through all that. It ain't just the media, NT's own experts are following and pushing the same narratives. So if Bron and the show pull this off, you'll have nobody to blame but yourselves for the slurpage.

We ain't eem supposed to be here.

Nah.

would y'all stop it.. he's the most HEAVILY scrutinized superstar this sport has ever seen. this notion that the media **** rides him is stupid and frankly not truthful. dude stays getting ****ted on every network, social media and even paper media when he fails.

The last time I remember folks really thinking an 8 seed could give the number 1 problems prior to series was 07 dubs Mavs. If Lakers had rondo and Bradley I'd say they got it in the bag but without them I can see dame going nuts. How Portlands bigs deal with ad and Lakers bigs would be key imo

The last time I remember folks really thinking an 8 seed could give the number 1 problems prior to series was 07 dubs Mavs. If Lakers had rondo and Bradley I'd say they got it in the bag but without them I can see dame going nuts. How Portlands bigs deal with ad and Lakers bigs would be key imo
Chicago Boston 2017

I have never had to urge to headbutt someone. Punch, kick yes but Headbutting never crosses my mind.

^^^^ That Jordan with the baseball bat and cigar video....is the epitome of Mike. Too hard 🔥🔥

939C55CD-7D69-4FEF-BC85-5ED00292551E.gif

Lebron and AD are gonna have to combine for at least 70 a night against Portland.

im just wondering who portland guards bron with?

i think the combination of nurkic, whiteside and collins is good enough to bang with AD and the lakers bigs. or perhaps they employ the strategy the warriors took a few finals ago, which was let Bron cook and get his but neutralize everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom