THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet , I will... I only tried their podcast recently, I heard the Tim Thomas one, I can’t remember if I did any others. The JJ/Pat bev one left me wanting another Bev conversation though. I feel like he could be a guest speaker at a Corporate sales meeting. I been in sales forever, we’ll have speakers who are world class climbers or we had Jocko the marine dude. We had Dickie V once lol. Bev would kill, I’m not sure any other nba player I’d nominate.

Start herrrrrrrr

Not yet , I will... I only tried their podcast recently, I heard the Tim Thomas one, I can’t remember if I did any others. The JJ/Pat bev one left me wanting another Bev conversation though. I feel like he could be a guest speaker at a Corporate sales meeting. I been in sales forever, we’ll have speakers who are world class climbers or we had Jocko the marine dude. We had Dickie V once lol. Bev would kill, I’m not sure any other nba player I’d nominate.
Beverly has been on the Woj pod.

why do yall think this Lakers team/roster is so good? They're looking extra regular. While portland is grinding wins. Playing with muchhhhh more confidence and chemistry. Lakers are top heavy as hell. Sure they're #1 in the west, but they've only played like 5 games in the bubble. that ranking is based on performance from 6 months ago. They dont look like a shadow of that squad at the moment. The talent drops significantly after bron and AD. Their defense lately has been booty too. Every team been scoring on them easily. They arent built for a deep playoff run. Yall see that.

Yall still buying the narrative that LA is coasting? and Playoff Bron is untouchable? :lol:

We arent saying Portland will win, only that they can.

why do yall think this Lakers team/roster is so good? They're looking extra regular. While portland is grinding wins. Playing with muchhhhh more confidence and chemistry. Lakers are top heavy as hell. Sure they're #1 in the west, but they've only played like 5 games in the bubble. that ranking is based on performance from 6 months ago. They dont look like a shadow of that squad at the moment. The talent drops significantly after bron and AD. Their defense lately has been booty too. Every team been scoring on them easily. They arent built for a deep playoff run. Yall see that.

Yall still buying the narrative that LA is coasting? and Playoff Bron is untouchable? :lol:

Grinding/Confidence/Chemistry doesn't matter man. The Lakers simply have more TALENT than Portland. Their best two players aren't 6'1 SGs.

I think it is more about Portland than the Lakers.

The issue is people keep trying to convince themselves the Lakers should be scared of Portland.

That is just wishful thinking.

The issue is people keep trying to convince themselves the Lakers should be scared of Portland.

oh nah. i dont think they should be 'scared'. But there definitely should be some healthy respect heading into that matchup. There's some matchup nightmares on both sides.

aKa : Wishful thinking.

Present the best possible scenario in which Portland CAN win.

I am listening.

oh nah. i dont think they should be 'scared'. But there definitely should be some healthy respect heading into that matchup. There's some matchup nightmares on both sides.
Yea, as much healthy respect you have for someone else that gets paid to play basketball, sure.

But to expect anything other than a healthy beating is wild to me.

The two teams aren't in the same class.

I'm surprised Bynum got good teeth

2080853B-3EB0-454C-B0B0-12435ED6B3A4.png

Grinding/Confidence/Chemistry doesn't matter man. The Lakers simply have more TALENT than Portland. Their best two players aren't 6'1 SGs.

you dont hoop. grind/confidence/chemistry means a ton. Teams with lots of talent lose literally all the time if they dont play together or try hard, or feel they have to try hard. Lesser teams show up all of the time just making the grind it out plays. Excellence comes when the team with the most talent acts like they're still climbing that mountain.

you dont hoop. grind/confidence/chemistry means a ton. Teams with lots of talent lose literally all the time if they dont play together or try hard, or feel they have to try hard. Lesser teams show up all of the time just making the grind it out plays. Excellence comes when the team with the most talent acts like they're still climbing that mountain.
YEa, I don't hoop. Great response.

You got it.

The teams aren't on the same level is my point.

This is the NBA.

This is the league in which the better team wins the series at a higher rate than any other sport.

But you are in here talking about, grind/confidence/chemistry .

Sure.

You don't believe anything you are saying.

There's a reason that 8 seeds have beat 1 seeds the few times that it has happened: because hustling beats talent when the talent Isn't hustling.

But there's also a reason why it's extremely rare that an 8 seed beats a 1 seed: because the 1 seed usually has more talent and as long as that talent is taking the challenge seriously, the 1 will beat the 8, no matter how hard the 8 tries. That literally happens every single year across multiple sports, whereas the 8 beating the 1 is so rare that when it does happen we all remember it, like #8 Denver beating #1 Seattle in the 90s.

110 Magic Johnson Jokes by professional comedians!

Attachments

• 1597237719696.jpeg
    1597237719696.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 69
There's a reason that 8 seeds have beat 1 seeds the few times that it has happened: because hustling beats talent when the talent Isn't hustling.

But there's also a reason why it's extremely rare that an 8 seed beats a 1 seed: because the 1 seed usually has more talent and as long as that talent is taking the challenge seriously, the 1 will beat the 8, no matter how hard the 8 tries. That literally happens every single year across multiple sports, whereas the 8 beating the 1 is so rare that when it does happen we all remember it, like #8 Denver beating #1 Seattle in the 90s.
But using the "Grinding" argument simply because a team has less talent is funny.

As if people on the other side aren't also getting paid to play professional basketball.
As if people on the other side aren't also feeling as though they have something to prove.

Having the weaker team doesn't automatically give your squad the Check Mark in the categories of "Grinding/Chemistry" or whatever morality based attributes sorrier teams tell themselves they have over more talented teams.

LIke I said, anything outside of believing it won't be a WHOOPING is wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom