THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Lakers locking up the 1 seed, & showed for 60+ games that they're one of the better teams in the league should be discounted because they don't look as "hungry" as a Portland team that is literally fighting elimination & playing their stars 40+ minutes a night :lol:.

We should be concerned but the Bucks who are 3-4 in the bubble could just flip the switch, the Clippers who are 3-3 can just flip the switch, but the team with the players who average 29 & 30 respectively for their playoff careers are the ones who will struggle.......
6 months ago b. they look significantly different.

they were drafted the same year. One guy’s been to the playoffs twice. One guy has missed the playoffs once
Yea, that isn't a strong argument because they aren't playing with identical squads.

I mess with Dame but AD brings too much to the table in comparison.

But I don't hoop, so what do I know.

Make sure you use proper context of the conversation.

We are talking about #1 vs. #8 seed series.

Talent matters, point blank period.

Also, as I said, Grinding/Confidence/Chemistry isn't exclusive to ONE team per series.

That is why I know he is just typing to be typing at this point. :lol:
Talent matters but grinding/confidence/chemistry MOST definitely also matters and CAN close the talent gap.
Lakers fo sho the favorites. They should win in 5. Blazers CAN win, and if they do it’s not due to more talent, it’s from the chemistry and momentum they’re building right now, that LA hasn’t seen in months.I expect La to win but it wouldn’t surprise me if they get bounced.

Let’s see if Portland even gets in though :rofl:

grinding confidence and chemistry is with whomever has it. it's not like a badge you wear, this aint 2k lol. It's intangible, so of course, anybody can have it. currently, outside of the game winner last night LA has had no chemistry in the bubble. And their shooters have no confidence. That is facts.

Blazers been playing together for years, sans melo, and all know their roles and play together. Confidence is in all of them right now.

people gonna be in for a rude awakening, IF, portland takes them down. Its not wishful thinking. I'm not hoping they win, Dame is my guy, but i dont care about portland lol. Im just saying, that is a team that could catch a whale sleeping.

Again, my issue was you brought up griding/chemistry/confidence in FAVOR OF Portland, as if those qualities don't/can't also exist within that Lakers squad.

If you don't remember doing that, please revisit the post in which you introduced those terms.

Talent matters but grinding/confidence/chemistry MOST definitely also matters and CAN close the talent gap.
Lakers fo sho the favorites. They should win in 5. Blazers CAN win, and if they do it’s not due to more talent, it’s from the chemistry and momentum they’re building right now, that LA hasn’t seen in months.I expect La to win but it wouldn’t surprise me if they get bounced.

Let’s see if Portland even gets in though :rofl:
Sure, they can matter in a 3/6 matchup or a 4/5 matchup.

To say it can swing a 1/8 series is a Fairy Tale.

That is what I am saying.

If CJ is banged up like that, it’s basically going to be impossible to beat the Lakers. They’ll double dame with AD.
When Jared Dudley sees CJ McCollum driving to the rim in game one:

15c2cd04f47c0fa6346a8a41ccc983abd16e24cb_hq.gif

Again, my issue was you brought up griding/chemistry/confidence in FAVOR OF Portland, as if those qualities don't/can't also exist within that Lakers squad.

If you don't remember doing that, please revisit the post in which you introduced those terms.
quote me. might've been out of context.

dame has done more with the same type of team makeup.

he's gone further as the star, in the same conference, than AD did in NO

Fam AD SWEPT the Blazers who had Dame/CJ/Nurkic & Collins....... the Pels 3rd & 4th options on the team that year Nikola Mirotic & Rajon Rondo...... who were playing 37+ minutes a night :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

In a series where the Pels had Rondo, Mirotic, & Etuan Moore on the court for 35+ minutes a night

Dame put up - 18/5/5 on 30/35 splits
CJ put up - 25/2/3 on 51/42 splits

take with that what you will

Last edited:
you think AD is a #1, let me make sure I'm hearing you clear.
I would rather have him over Dame is what I am saying.

Point blank period.

Before anyone takes that as me saying I don't like Dame; Please stop.

Hell, I told freeze freeze to give HIS ideal outcome and put money up.

Still waiting for his response.

He doesn't even have to believe PORT will win.
i never said they will win. not saying i believe they will, so i'm not betting on them. I'm only saying they can. They have enough to do it. They have the pieces to beat Los Angeles. Not sure which LA we'll get. The one from February or the one from the last couple weeks.

i never said they will win. not saying i believe they will, so i'm not betting on them. I'm only saying they can. They have enough to do it. They have the pieces to beat Los Angeles. Not sure which LA we'll get. The one from February or the one from the last couple weeks.
Did you READ what YOU just quoted?

Fam AD SWEPT the Blazers who had Dame/CJ/Nurkic & Collins....... the third & 4th options on the team that year Nikola Mirotic & Rajon Rondo...... who were playing 37+ minutes a night :emoji_disappointed_relieved:
dont do that. Jrue was the difference maker in that series, not anthony. Jrue Holiday devoured dame. No jrue, dame goes off. put some respect on that man.

did you read what i wrote?
Let me help you out.

Hell, I told freeze freeze to give HIS ideal outcome and put money up.

Still waiting for his response.

He doesn't even have to believe PORT will win.

I CLEARLY said you don't have to believe they will win.

So yes, you didn't read.

Put money up on how many games Portland will win.

Average Differential in which they will lose EACH game.

You are using SO many keystrokes on a team you don't believe has a REAL chance of winning.

Speak with your money.

YOU pick the stipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom