THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a reason that 8 seeds have beat 1 seeds the few times that it has happened: because hustling beats talent when the talent Isn't hustling.

But there's also a reason why it's extremely rare that an 8 seed beats a 1 seed: because the 1 seed usually has more talent and as long as that talent is taking the challenge seriously, the 1 will beat the 8, no matter how hard the 8 tries. That literally happens every single year across multiple sports, whereas the 8 beating the 1 is so rare that when it does happen we all remember it, like #8 Denver beating #1 Seattle in the 90s.

Thats one of my points. It can happen. I feel like, 1s are just naturally going to beat 8s...because usually the 8 team just isnt that good or talented. And beyond that, the 8th team typically has to scratch and claw just to get to 8.

Typically.

Difference with Portland is that they dont actually suck, they were just missing players that just happened to get back in the bubble. Plus with the sudden rise of Gary Trent Jr. They have pieces.

Its legit

Bron & AD
VS
Dame & CJ & Gary & Melo & Collins/Nurkic

who used the grinding argument as to why a lesser team will win? like only lesser teams grind. being lesser doesnt corellate with grind. We're only saying you'll grind, if you actually do it lol. There are plenty of bad teams that are bad and never amount to anything. Then there are bad rosters that overachieve. Like the spurs the past 5-6 yrs. They didnt win chips, but they pushed the best teams to the wall. They kept going despite adversity of losing their core and whatnot.

And then there's the grind of not giving up. Despite going against a buzzsaw.

I just personally dont think the Lakers is that much vastly talented to think they'll just run through the west, or teams like the blazers.

Yall are funny man.

This can't be a serious claim.

But I don't hoop, so what would I know. :pimp:
i'm not saying the talent adds up. i'm saying there are pieces on portland to lend a hand if dame or cj arent human torch mode. bron gotta have ad back every night and vice versa. if AD has some of the houdini nights, lakers losing that game.

who used the grinding argument as to why a lesser team will win? like only lesser teams grind. being lesser doesnt corellate with grind. We're only saying you'll grind, if you actually do it lol. There are plenty of bad teams that are bad and never amount to anything. Then there are bad rosters that overachieve. Like the spurs the past 5-6 yrs. They didnt win chips, but they pushed the best teams to the wall. They kept going despite adversity of losing their core and whatnot.

And then there's the grind of not giving up. Despite going against a buzzsaw.

I just personally dont think the Lakers is that much vastly talented to think they'll just run through the west, or teams like the blazers.

Just put any amount of money on any possible Blazers/Lakers that you feel is favorable. I will be sure to accept the bet.

Right now, you are just making a bunch of DIsney tales that you are forcing yourself into believing are possibilites.

Make sure you use proper context of the conversation.

We are talking about #1 vs. #8 seed series.

Talent matters, point blank period.

Also, as I said, Grinding/Confidence/Chemistry isn't exclusive to ONE team per series.

if gary trent made the list
alexander the great caruso deserves to be mentioned

That is why I know he is just typing to be typing at this point. :lol:

dame has done more with the same type of team makeup.

he's gone further as the star, in the same conference, than AD did in NO
So if you were starting squad, you would prefer Dame is your #1 vs. AD being your #1?

Just making sure I am hearing you correctly.

i'm not saying the talent adds up. i'm saying there are pieces on portland to lend a hand if dame or cj arent human torch mode. bron gotta have ad back every night and vice versa. if AD has some of the houdini nights, lakers losing that game.
Just review the names YOU mentioned and understand why that makes your claim flawed.

Its legit

Bron & AD
VS
Dame & CJ & Gary & Melo & Collins/Nurkic
Damn that brought me back to 2000, for some reason i can vividly remember a newspaper headline to the WCF, lakers vs Portland.

2 Deep versus Too Deep

Aka Kobe and Shaq versus the 10 deep jail blazers.

Damon, Smitty, Pippen, Rasheed, Sabonis, Bonzi, Detlef, Brian Grant, Jermaine O’Neal, Greg Anthony

why do yall think this Lakers team/roster is so good? They're looking extra regular. While portland is grinding wins. Playing with muchhhhh more confidence and chemistry. Lakers are top heavy as hell. Sure they're #1 in the west, but they've only played like 5 games in the bubble. that ranking is based on performance from 6 months ago. They dont look like a shadow of that squad at the moment. The talent drops significantly after bron and AD. Their defense lately has been booty too. Every team been scoring on them easily. They arent built for a deep playoff run. Yall see that.

Yall still buying the narrative that LA is coasting? and Playoff Bron is untouchable? :lol:

We arent saying Portland will win, only that they can.

So the Lakers locking up the 1 seed, & showed for 60+ games that they're one of the better teams in the league should be discounted because they don't look as "hungry" as a Portland team that is literally fighting elimination & playing their stars 40+ minutes a night :lol:.

We should be concerned but the Bucks who are 3-4 in the bubble could just flip the switch, the Clippers who are 3-3 can just flip the switch, but the team with the players who average 29 & 30 respectively for their playoff careers are the ones who will struggle.......

Make sure you use proper context of the conversation.

We are talking about #1 vs. #8 seed series.

Talent matters, point blank period.

Also, as I said, Grinding/Confidence/Chemistry isn't exclusive to ONE team per series.

That is why I know he is just typing to be typing at this point. :lol:
grinding confidence and chemistry is with whomever has it. it's not like a badge you wear, this aint 2k lol. It's intangible, so of course, anybody can have it. currently, outside of the game winner last night LA has had no chemistry in the bubble. And their shooters have no confidence. That is facts.

Blazers been playing together for years, sans melo, and all know their roles and play together. Confidence is in all of them right now.

people gonna be in for a rude awakening, IF, portland takes them down. Its not wishful thinking. I'm not hoping they win, Dame is my guy, but i dont care about portland lol. Im just saying, that is a team that could catch a whale sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom