THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m telling you scoring from the position was emphasized in Nash’s era. Nash is my guy but I’m not shooting him bail for his style of play.

MDA team in 2004: 24.7 3s per
MDA team right now: 45.3 3s per

a career 43% 3 point shooter is shooting a lot more 3s today, as he should

Have any of you guys been following the NBA's TV ratings? The ratings have been poor which is surprising because the quality of play has been very good. My fear is that the black lives matter initiative has alienated some casual fans. Hopefully things pick up in the playoffs.

You don't think the fact that most of the games are being played while people are working or doing other **** has anything to do with it? :lol:

Have any of you guys been following the NBA's TV ratings? The ratings have been poor which is surprising because the quality of play has been very good. My fear is that the black lives matter initiative has alienated some casual fans. Hopefully things pick up in the playoffs.

If less racists watch, I'm cool with that. I haven't seen much about bad ratings. The games have been fantastic, so too bad for anybody missing it.

Has Jason terry been in broadcasting or media? I feel like his personality is perfect for the media.

Has Jason terry been in broadcasting or media? I feel like his personality is perfect for the media.
he was doing it for awhile a couple yrs ago but focusing on being a family guy. think he coaches his daughter's team or has his own aau squad. i remember he was on tv talking about how his daughter was scheduled to play against kobe's before his death

It doesn't have to exclusively be 3s though. Nash admitted himself he didn't shoot enough. Nash during his first MVP season took only 11 shots a game man. Next year he shot 13 and every subsequent year after he took less even as the talent around him dissipated. He never really lost his shooting touch, it wasn't really even so much a function of the time like you're insinuating. A coach that gave everyone the green light to shoot as early and as often as they wanted had his best guy not willing to take more shots. That's crazy.

Looking at predictions from around the ballosphere...

A lotta ppl picking the Thunder over the Rockets in the 1st rd.
I noticed as well
Harden is playing great but the rockets are cold right now. He should still get it done no excuses in my book
Billy donavan goes out of his way to have his team NOT double players, so harden should feast and everyone else just has to not be terrible

clips been blessed

giphy.gif

It doesn't have to exclusively be 3s though. Nash admitted himself he didn't shoot enough. Nash during his first MVP season took only 11 shots a game man. Next year he shot 13 and every subsequent year after he took less even as the talent around him dissipated. He never really lost his shooting touch, it wasn't really even so much a function of the time like you're insinuating. A coach that gave everyone the green light to shoot as early and as often as they wanted had his best guy not willing to take more shots. That's crazy.

I don’t disagree with you, in a sense.. but I think that’s just were the game was then and MDA and Nash played a role in the game evolving

nash was a great offensive player beyond just his shooting ability.. but when I listen to nash I definitely come away with the view he would have shot more because it was/is the smarter thing to do for him for the team.. I see Nash as a team guy and he played the position as it was thought best to do at the time but he had a heavy soccer influence to his game which I think helped his feel but the analytics just wasnt there at the time

i don’t think Nash turns into a gunner all of a sudden.. but I easily see him taking at least 20 shots per, which would be a big jump from what he was

Yall can probably tell I love Nash, but he handicapped his teams by refusing to shoot. He and stockton were cut from the same cloth. When the times came that their team needed just a little more scoring from them both they deferred to less efficient people.

I don’t disagree with you, in a sense.. but I think that’s just were the game was then and MDA and Nash played a role in the game evolving

nash was a great offensive player beyond just his shooting ability.. but when I listen to nash I definitely come away with the view he would have shot more because it was/is the smarter thing to do for him for the team.. I see Nash as a team guy and he played the position as it was thought best to do at the time but he had a heavy soccer influence to his game which I think helped his feel but the analytics just wasnt there at the time

i don’t think Nash turns into a gunner all of a sudden.. but I easily see him taking at least 20 shots per, which would be a big jump from what he was

20 shots per game isn’t as easy as you think :lol:.

This is Dame’s first year taking 20 shots a game. And he’s at 20.4,

The playoff ratings will be interesting to watch. These aren't traditional time slots for ball during the day unless it's a Saturday or Sunday where they usually play 4 games. There's definitely some people that have been turned off due to the messaging but the NBA is putting the most marketable teams and players in the prime time slots so we'll just have to see if that helps.

Nash played with Dirk and Michael Finley, then he had Stoudemire and the Matrix
Finley was being touted as a Michael Jordan prototype
Dirk was becoming Dirk
Stoudemire and the Matrix were a highlight reel every game

Nash wasn't being asked to shoot more so how is that held against him?

Yall can probably tell I love Nash, but he handicapped his teams by refusing to shoot. He and stockton were cut from the same cloth. When the times came that their team needed just a little more scoring from them both they deferred to less efficient people.

BINGO.

Rather let Barbosa, Bell and Matrix with that hideous praying mantis form take shots than shoot yourself.

Speaking of Busts, MARIO HEZONJA :smh:

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh said he was the next big thing and I never saw why :lol:

that u17 FIBA tournament got stuck in my head, he lead it in scoring,

but it turns out literally everyone in that tournament was a bust :lol:

Exum
Jabari Parker
Okafor
Stanley Johnson

Tyus Jones and Justice Winslow are probably the best NBA players from that tournament.

random Kendrick Nunn was on that team USA team.

This thread been extra nastee since Dame and em clinched, but this was the cherry on top of the **** sundae :lol: :smh:

Relax with that foolishness. There are a number of games being played in a day during hours that are considered working hours. Even for those who are able to work from home are finding it difficult to keep up with them. Not to mention, there are other sports being played at the same of these games that wouldn't normally be on, but COVID messed up everyone's season across the board. i.e Portland playing against Memphis while a Champions League game is on.

I don't even take 20 shots a game in 2K :lol:

It’s super hard to do. Especially for a PG. And IATT IATT was saying he’d expect Nash “in this era” to take AT LEAST 20 shots per game :lol:

For a look at what Nash’ shot distribution or profile may have been...look at Tim Hardaway during the late Run TMC era. That’s probably more realistic. Tim Hardaway got up to about 7 threes per game during the last year or so of that run. He was like a 22/10 guy. 1990 Mark Price as well. There are other things like getting to the line, drawing fouls, in between game and scoring off cuts, screens etc that have to be taken in account for.

It’s much deeper than simply shots per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom