THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
20 shots per game isn’t as easy as you think :lol:.

This is Dame’s first year taking 20 shots a game. And he’s at 20.4,

I mean, if your guy is willing to shoot and has the ball a ton it isn’t (see Westbrook)

but probably more like 17 or 18 for Nash.. but I’d rather him be at 20 between just taking advantage of guys slacking off, spot up shots, off screens, attacking the rim and just taking advantage of stuff off of pick n rolls

Watching those Bulls- Jazz games it was hilarious, guys are playing 4 feet off Stockton and a 40% three point shooter just standing there running Jerry Sloans offense. :lol:

**** wild. Stockton could literally just rise and shoot. They were guarding him a step in from the line. And he didn’t even look at the basket.

This goes for bigs too tho. I remember John Salley or somebody saying how they were an 80% FT shooter...would catch the ball at the ft line with nobody guarding them...and not even look at the basket :lol:.

It’s super hard to do. Especially for a PG. And IATT IATT was saying he’d expect Nash “in this era” to take AT LEAST 20 shots per game :lol:

For a look at what Nash’ shot distribution or profile may have been...look at Tim Hardaway during the late Run TMC era. That’s probably more realistic. Tim Hardaway got up to about 7 threes per game during the last year or so of that run. He was like a 22/10 guy. 1990 Mark Price as well. There are other things like getting to the line, drawing fouls, in between game and scoring off cuts, screens etc that have to be taken in account for.

It’s much deeper than simply shots per game.

Nah.. I see Nash as a combo of what cp and steph do.. Nash would have the ball in his hands more like CP controlling the offense but he’d do off ball stuff like steph, as well

Watching those Bulls- Jazz games it was hilarious, guys are playing 4 feet off Stockton and a 40% three point shooter just standing there running Jerry Sloans offense. :lol:
The offense was run through Karl Malone
Stockton was the number two scoring option
Jerry Sloan's offense got them to back to back Finals
It worked very well back then

Nah.. I see Nash as a combo of what cp and steph do.. Nash would have the ball in his hands more like CP controlling the offense but he’d do off ball stuff like steph, as well

That is soo much more easily conceptually said than done :lol:

stockton was legit. controlled tempo, great passer, solid defender, can shoot, and played well off the ball (cutting, setting screens, etc)
I agree, didn't say he wasn't good. he was very good player for a very looooong time.

I just always prefer peak performance over longevity.

There's no way you can say STEVEN Nash is better than Curry
There is no fact. its all opinion. we are all different ages so our opinions wont be the same. older people have seen way more basketball than younger ones so their selection might be just a little wider.

and ofcourse no man on earth is without bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom