THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nash brings the Warriors offense to the Nets, will Durant embrace it (again)?

Obviously he thrived in it, but Durant also wanted his diet of iso offense too.

If Nash brings the Warriors offense to the Nets, will Durant embrace it (again)?

Obviously he thrived in it, but Durant also wanted his diet of iso offense too.

I think Durant recognized that all the off ball movement can take you far, but ultimately you still need someone who can get 1 on 1 buckets. That's what he brought to GSW which broke them open, but I think he felt scorned that he didn't really get the credit he thought he would for unlocking them, and he always caught the blame for any shortcomings they had.

I have/had no issue with steve Nash getting the job. PG will always get a look at coaching jobs because we know the Pg is basically the coach on the floor.

there is def a jig when it comes to black coaches. Stephen Silas def should’ve get a chance. Mike Woodson got fired and still can’t get a look, Sam I Am was regarded as a player with a high IQ and revered amongst the league and still paid his dues for many years.

I don’t believe the nba is near the Rooney rule, but there needs to be a shift.

The Thunder owe Cliff Paul and Steven Adams a combined 68Ms next season (41 and 27 respectively). Schroeder is signed for 16, and they drop off 32 between Roberson and Gallo. IDK what the plan is even going forward, tank? Can we trade Cliff?

The Thunder owe Cliff Paul and Steven Adams a combined 68Ms next season (41 and 27 respectively). Schroeder is signed for 16, and they drop off 32 between Roberson and Gallo. IDK what the plan is even going forward, tank? Can we trade Cliff?

CP3 in that video he just posted sounded like he knows he’s out of there

Kyrie this season

27/5/6 on 48/39/92

legit tier 1 level talent. He’s got to figure out the toxic chemistry stuff and is now paired with someone again who’s better than him with Nash coaching him. He really should flourish.

I think the toxic chemistry stuff might be overstated. I think Kyrie, despite what we hear from some folks, is generally well regarded from his peers. I also think this is going to be a better stint from him than elsewhere because it's a better fit. In Cleveland, he had the perfect role behind LeBron where he could be the secondary creator and not have to focus on getting everyone involved, but could also be the primary scorer. The problem likely was the speculation of lebron leaving, and the shadow lebron always casts. I always think back to that stupid *** question someone asked him about lebron being a father figure to him. just weird stuff.

In Boston, I don't think he was suited to lead a younger group of guys who were coming up on their own stardom. I think he was brought in to lead them and show them the way, and I don't know that he really relished being a teacher or looked at as being that.

Now, he can have a similar role complimenting KD like he did LeBron, but not have to deal with the weirdo stuff outside of that since they apparently get along well.

I dislike when teams strip down to the nuts and bolts and leave young players without well established vets to teach them the way. In the player podcasts I listen to (mostly CJ McCollum and JJ Redick), a constant theme is the impact that vets have on young players. I think that's where philly went wrong from the start, and couldn't adjust to Jimmy being hard on everyone. But from Jimmy's perspecting (see jj redick pod) he talks about how he was raised by those bulls teams and conflict and challenge was encouraged by the vets.

I don't think anyone will trade for Paul because of the salary. I think with the amount of picks you have going forward, let CP continue to stay onboard and groom the next class. I think the value he brings in coaching up and mentoring SGA, Dennis, Bazley, Dort, etc etc etc is worth every bit of his salary. Get Billy Donovan out of town, bring in a younger coach, and let him and CP3 build a culture going forward.

Nash hiring really threw me :lol:but as others have stated...it’s Steve Nash. And Im sure their stars signed off.

i also dont wanna throw a wrench in espn’s storylines tmrw on First Take but Im pretty sure Mark Jackson, Isiah Thomas, and Doc Rivers were also hired w zero coaching experience. Common trait: All star caliber former PGs.

I like the CP3 to Sixers idea from an on-court fit standpoint, but I could also see Embiid getting sick of him pretty quickly. :lol:

Kyrie this season

27/5/6 on 48/39/92

legit tier 1 level talent. He’s got to figure out the toxic chemistry stuff and is now paired with someone again who’s better than him with Nash coaching him. He really should flourish.

you forgot to mention the number of games that played this season. I believe that he needs to improve the most in that department and with KD he does not need to be the leader, of course he should work on that nonetheless.

you forgot to mention the number of games that played this season. I believe that he needs to improve the most in that department and with KD he does not need to be the leader, of course he should work on that nonetheless.

The amount of lower leg injuries he’s had before his 29th birthday is scary and now his upper body is breaking down smh

you look at his time with Boston, and his first year with Brooklyn, he’s so damn good. Just toxic as hell unfortunately. Hopefully Nash aids in smoothing that part of the Kyrie experience out

20200903_193635.jpg

20200903_193637.jpg

🔥 🔥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom