THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Book was double teamed the most in the league last season, precisely what he should be focusing on to improve. Definitely was a bad look.

Showboating should be treated in the NBA like it is in the MLB

Sure, so that the greatest sport/league can fade into obscurity like americas past time :rofl:
Baseball was more entertaining when everyone was juicing.

@wavycrocket its legit grown men talking about showboating in a professional sport as if it’s a bad thing. That same arrogance is what propelled all 450 players who make the NBA in the first place. They call Steph soft, but cry about showboating!? I get it, it’s cool we all have different opinions, and fav players to root for. It’s what makes this thread great, but some of these cats go overboard.

F8242D07-2AF8-40C9-8053-39C3457AF326.jpeg

Sure, so that the greatest sport/league can fade into obscurity like americas past time :rofl:

@wavycrocket its legit grown men talking about showboating in a professional sport as if it’s a bad thing. That same arrogance is what propelled all 450 players who make the NBA in the first place. They call Steph soft, but cry about showboating!? I get it, it’s cool we all have different opinions, and fav players to root for. It’s what makes this thread great, but some of these cats go overboard.

F8242D07-2AF8-40C9-8053-39C3457AF326.jpeg

I never understand grown adults not liking showboating. Like, if you don’t want people to gloat! Stop them. We live in a narcissistic society, and people crying about showboating :lol: :rofl:.

Can’t stop my shine!!

If it was regular folks playing, sure...but Jo called it, and it was either Tony Snell or Siakam who went over to help on the double. 3/5 dudes on defense (couldn't tell the other 2) play in the NBA...

I don’t get what you’re trying to say here

People worship narcissism, bravado, and braggadocio. But let some ball players celebrate, and it’s a problem. A “me, me, me” society. Mad at showboating. If you can’t understand then, that’s you.

I'm so lost. I never said showboating had anything to do with ratings or the growth of the NBA's popularity.
If you wanted to ride steph dont quote my post to do that

People worship narcissism, bravado, and braggadocio. But let some ball players celebrate, and it’s a problem. A “me, me, me” society. Mad at showboating. If you can’t understand then, that’s you.
Yeah but are you saying you like both or you like neither?

^^^ I don’t have a problem with athletes showing emoting or celebrating, but most show boating just comes across as corny to me. Like Steph’s shimmy or that routine LeBron used to do when he was on the Heat. Doesn’t make me mad; but doesn’t add anything to the game for me either.

I’m a fan of showboating. I don’t get offended by people celebrating or being vain.
I got you. Personally I’m not a fan of narcissism or that kind of me first culture that Trump represents if that’s the parallel you were drawing. Thought it was some sort of “what about..” argument.

I personally enjoy showboating a lot as long as it’s done in fun and not mean spirited. I’m a fan of the Harden chef cooking move and all that. It’s just great entertainment.

The only thing I’m not into is showboating when you’re doing something that isn’t contributing to you winning or you’re playing badly. I’ve seen Westbrook talk a lot of trash when he’s literally playing his team out of the game.

Or the classic NYC dude who’s trying to pull AND1 moves 3 feet behind the 3 point line for 5 minutes without taking a step towards the basket.

I'm so lost. I never said showboating had anything to do with ratings or the growth of the NBA's popularity.
If you wanted to ride steph dont quote my post to do that

You said the nba should handle showboating like they do in baseball, which is intentionally bean players who violate some unspoken rule. This is what you meant right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom