THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the LaMelo hype. Lonzo was better On tape than LaMelo and he hasn't lived up to the lottery pick hype so why is everyone expecting LaMelo to be any better

I don't get the LaMelo hype. Lonzo was better On tape than LaMelo and he hasn't lived up to the lottery pick hype so why is everyone expecting LaMelo to be any better

feel like his size for PG is getting him the hype. media gonna start drawing ben simmons like comparisons.

but i feel like lonzo coming out of UCLA was a more polished product than his brother

feel like his size for PG is getting him the hype. media gonna start drawing ben simmons like comparisons.

but i feel like lonzo coming out of UCLA was a more polished product than his brother

Minus the ability to drive, finish, finish through contact or defend. But I guess if you take everything away that makes Simmons the player he is, yes the comp fits.

What tapes you watching?? Melo was always gonna be the best Ball brother, IMO. Dude has it.

Bro what tape are YOU watching :lol:
LaMelo shot roughly 20 attempts a game, Under 40% from the field, under 30% from 3. Less than 7 assists a game. Don't the ballislife instagram highlight videos fool you.

Bro what tape are YOU watching :lol:
LaMelo shot roughly 20 attempts a game, Under 40% from the field, under 30% from 3. Less than 7 assists a game. Don't the ballislife instagram highlight videos fool you.

Nobody said he’s an elite player at this point. He has A LOT of room for improvement. But his ceiling is higher than Lonzo’s ever was, IMO. Stats don’t tell the whole story with such a young player.

Btw, saying Melo won’t live up to the hype because Lonzo hasn’t is kinda lazy analysis. Them being brothers has nothing to do with whether Melo will pan out or not. :lol:

Nobody said he’s an elite player at this point. He has A LOT of room for improvement. But his ceiling is higher than Lonzo’s ever was, IMO. Stats don’t tell the whole story with such a young player.

Btw, saying Melo won’t live up to the hype because Lonzo hasn’t is kinda lazy analysis. Them being brothers has nothing to do with whether Melo will pan out or not. :lol:

I didn't say he won't pan out because Lonzo hasn't lol. I just said Lonzo was a PG in college with average stats but his highlights made him look better and everyone said his size and athleticism gave him have a high ceiling. Which is the same analysis as LaMelo lol

The only NBA offseason thread is locked. Essentially we have 3 active NBA threads:
- An NBA thread on the current playoffs currently taking place, right now.
- An NBA draft thread.
- An NBA 'Victory Lap' thread, which used to serve as the main NBA discussion thread.

3 threads should be enough to facilitate a large majority of the NBA discussions that takes place right now.

The 2020 playoff thread is already serving it's purpose as a place to discuss current playoff games and series:

'Trade' has been added to the draft thread's title, since obviously trading is a huge part of the entire draft process and draft conversation. Logically, that seems a fitting place for those conversations, being that they're is no offseason thread (and doesn't really need to be):

Any other NBA conversations that don't have anything to do with drafting or trading or the current playoffs, like offseason signings for free agency or whatever doesn't fit those 2 threads, there's this thread right here.

Open to suggestions, but that's what I think regarding conversations over the next few weeks/months/ moving forward.

Lol nah, he sorry. Like it was mentioned, quit watching those Ball is Life stuff 😂

Why would Pop leave somewhere he's been for an eternity, when there's already been whispers about his desire to retire in the near future, to deal with KD and Kyrie?

Can't see it.
Yeah I can’t either. I wouldn’t even want to see it. The man should retire a spur on his own terms and when he’s ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom