THEE OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) NEXT: OFF-SEASON

I think that is what frustrates me the most about the Dolphins. The fact that they miss out on top players that are game changers.

Just look at this list since 2009. Round 1-3

2008: Long, Merling & Henne (2nd round picks), Langford

2009: Vontae Davis, Pat White & Sean Smith (2nd round picks), Patrick Turner.

2010:  Odrick, Misi, John Jerry

2011: Pouncey, D. Thomas, No 3rd rounder, Clyde Gates (4th round)

2012: Tanehill, Martin, Vernon & Egnew.

2008: After Merling was taken who was the 1st pick of the 2nd round these players were selected: Jordy Nelson, Matt Forte, DeSean Jackson, Calais Campbell, Ray Rice. Then we chose Chad Henne. In the second round there was nobody to choose from really. After Langford, there was Jamaal Charles, Jermichael Finley really.

2009: I was fine with the Vontae pick. Then there is the disastrous Pat White..... The one that stands out the most is LeSean McCoy. After Patrick Turner, not much really. Maybe Jared Cook.

2010: We originally had the 12th pick and traded it to the Chargers. Had we stayed at the position and not slid back to 28, we could have had Earl Thomas, JPP, Maurkice Pounce, Jermaine Gresham, Demaryus Thomas, Dez Bryant. After Misi, we could have had Gronk. After John Jerry, this is where it gets really painful. We could have had Bowman or Jimmy Graham.

So on and so forth with the Dolphins. We ALWAYS manage to get average players. Going back to 2009, we no longer have 9 of those draft picks. This is just me pointing out mainly the super stars of the league more or less. Game changers for each of their respective team. We have nothing to show for. 

I know its easy to look back and point out the mistakes but it just feels like year in and year out, we never get one game changer. Seems like we are on the hunt for that player that is considered a superstar of the NFL

Last edited:
Yep. And almost everything in that list is tied to our GM. Yeah, Bill Fatcells. Whatever. Ireland is a chump that can't draft. Michael Egnew ought to be cut, Vernon is mediocre, and Daniel Thomas is a bust.

Not to mention he still cannot build a line, got desperate and traded for a slop because he admitted he screwed up, again.

Last edited:
NFL screwed us over against the Ravens

Two weeks ago, a similar situation unfolded at the end of the Ravens' win over the Dolphins in Week 5. Miami rookie Caleb Sturgis missed a 57-yard bid at a game-tying field goal at the end of his team's 26-23 loss, and on the play, Baltimore executed a similar push to the one called on Patriots rookie Chris Jones on Sunday. The Dolphins turned the tape into the NFL, which, according to two sources familiar with the situation, conceded that the correct call was missed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ul-missed-on-dolphins-lastsecond-fg-vs-ravens

#%!^ the NFL

NFL screwed us over against the Ravens

Two weeks ago, a similar situation unfolded at the end of the Ravens' win over the Dolphins in Week 5. Miami rookie Caleb Sturgis missed a 57-yard bid at a game-tying field goal at the end of his team's 26-23 loss, and on the play, Baltimore executed a similar push to the one called on Patriots rookie Chris Jones on Sunday. The Dolphins turned the tape into the NFL, which, according to two sources familiar with the situation, conceded that the correct call was missed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ul-missed-on-dolphins-lastsecond-fg-vs-ravens

#%!^ the NFL

you need to snitch before the game like the jets

[COLOR=#red]Or maybe the Dolphins should just video tape everyone's practices and avoid the problem all together. [/COLOR]

Lets go Fins! Got a lot of bets riding on this weeks game vs. the pats.

I just hope tannehill doesn't play like last week. Made some awful decisions.

[COLOR=#red]you HAD to ****** post that huh? Finns will use that every chance he gets man... ayi carumba...

[/COLOR]

:lol: :smh:

" @OmarKelly: Dion Jordan plays on every third down. He's the ace card in Dolphins' defensive schemes. He's impactful. Asking for more is troubling. "

....... That's just good logic Omar....

I have tix for the Carolina Panthers game because I'll be in town.

I'm also going to the Virginia Cavaliers game the day before.

I might go to the Magic game on Sat or Suns game Mon

Any of you guys going to any of those games so we can meet up?

We #$%^@ suck. Pathetic :smh:

I hate being a Dolphins fan right now but I'll be one for the rest of my life.

Thank GOD BBall season starts this week.

It could be worst, THANK GOD I'm not Aaron. ALLLLLL his teams are ****** :lol:

Not giving up on this team, no matter how much they would like me to I am not .... we move forward. A lot of positives to take from this game but the negatives continue to linger on as well

I'll be in later with issues, but it's clear. Make us one dimensional, and we're doomed.

We play best when we can mix it up, keep defenses off balance. Soon as they know we have to pass, we are done. Sack after sack, after sack when the defense KNOWS we can't run the ball.

Well, what a ride.

We came out the exact opposite of last week. We JUMPED NE. Up 14-0. Last week down 14-0.

That PI on Wilson was ATROCIOUS. And gifted NE 3 points. Horrible, horrible call.

Mike Wallace had the ball right on both hands, thrown where it had to be, away from the safety, and he drops it. :smh:
Sack next play
Missed FG the next.

And it began.

Everything looked real good early. Run the ball, thrown the ball short/quick. Play defense. It was all there.

Once you make us one dimensional, it's over. Flat out, point blank. No sacks, no turnovers for 35+ minutes. Once NE gets us in obvious pass situations over and over, 6 sacks, 3 turnovers. :x

I can't blame McKinnie for missing a blitzer when he's been on the team a week. But someone has to see that. Tannehill or Daniel Thomas has to know. They both expected McKinnie to be ready. That play changed everything quick as ****.

All that said, on the road, down 3, Wilson AGAIN makes a play, and knocks the ball loose, Vernon tries to get it, it rolls back 30 freaking yards, and the refs give NE a first down AND 10 yards on the play. :stoneface: Bull. ****. HORRIBLE call. Game changing, bs call. Even the semi dead Joe Philbin was screaming and throwing things. :lol:

So much good in the first half. Mixed it up, Miller, Thomas, Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Clay, Egnew, Matthews all made plays. All of them. Moved the ball thru the air and on the ground. Patterson makin plays. Jordan on Gronk. (LOVED that play) Odrick doin work on Brady. Things looked real good.

The last 25 minutes were a freaking disaster. Patterson comes out, TD on Carroll immediately. Sturgis starting to miss field goals after being perfect early on. Gibson getting hurt, probably for the year. :smh:

We are very, very close to blowing it all up. I have a feeling Cincy gets us on Thursday, and we have 11-12 days til our next game, on a Monday night. I wonder.........if Philbin/Ireland survive that.

It's bleak. Real bleak. This is 3 straight games we sort of gave away. Baltimore less so, but def gave away Buffalo and damn sure gave away today. (with helps from the refs, who must felt they owed NE after last week)

It could be worst, THANK GOD I'm not Aaron. ALLLLLL his teams are ****** :lol:

:smh: All my teams are garbage. Not one team even playoffs worthy. It sucks being a sports fan right now.

So this is how Ireland's tenure is shaking out.

2009: 7-9
2010: 7-9
2011: 6-10
2012: 7-9
2013: 3-4

That's nothing but under .500 football. That is a joke. While franchises like Seattle and Indy drafted right, and look at their team success. Fireland now.

A few points to consider:

### It’s notable that many of the veterans that moved on from Miami during Jeff Ireland's tenure --– though some of the early decisions were made by Bill Parcells –-- have performed clearly better elsewhere, from Brandon Marshall (averaged 83 catches in two years here; 106 in four other recent years with the Broncos and Bears); to Ninkovich (a backup and special teams player here); to Philadelphia’s Evan Mathis (cut by Miami and now rated the NFL’s No. 1 guard by Pro Football Focus), to Reggie Bush (averaging 121 yards per game with Detroit, compared with 79.8 last season in Miami).

Cornerback Sean Smith, rated the 74th best cornerback last season with Miami, is 12th with the Chiefs, and the quarterback rating in his coverage area has dropped from 85.1 to 58.2.

Vontae Davis, traded for a second-rounder that Miami used on cornerback Jamar Taylor, has risen to fourth among all cornerbacks and drew praise for his work last Sunday against Denver’s high-octane offense. He was 37th in 2011, his last season in Miami.

Jake Long, ranked 46th among all tackles last season, has jumped to 12th in his first season with St. Louis.

In Marshall’s case, it obviously helped having a better quarterback (Jay Cutler over Chad Henne). But questionable coaching and evaluation also have been factors. The Dolphins mistakenly didn’t believe Mathis was worth developing and didn’t see the pass-rushing upside in Ninkovich that Belichick did.

This coaching staff couldn’t maximize Bush’s unique gifts in the open field. And the Chiefs are allowing Smith to play press/man coverage, which he preferred and thrives in. The Dolphins used him a lot in off-zone and off-man, which everyone knew wasn’t his strength. No wonder he's playing a lot better in Kansas City.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-notes-um-wake-postscripts.html#storylink=cpy

I highly respect Barry Jackson. He nailed it. Players leave here and prosper. Players come here and falter.

Which is....................coaching.

Yet people scream over and over and over and over about...................a quarterback.

So....................

Which is....................coaching.

Yet people scream over and over and over and over about...................a quarterback.

So....................

First things first, talent evaluation. I was never on board with bringing Ireland back once Sparano was fired. I'm pretty sure we should've started over from scratch.

why isnt this guys job up for discussion

I think it is. Sparano was given an extension before he was fired. I don't think Ross can afford to let his investment continue to go into the pits. His general manager hasn't been around for 1 winning season while he's been owner. I believe Mr. Huizenga still owned the team for Penny's playoff season

Back
Top Bottom