THEE OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) NEXT: OFF-SEASON

[COLOR=#red]Dolphins traded for Bryant Mckinnie... was only a matter of time.

Can't say Ireland isn't doing everything he can.[/COLOR]

:rolleyes Should've did this before

[COLOR=#red]They did, in the offseason... he wanted to resign...

And it's not a great upgrade. He did play well last year (towards the end)... not this year though. Maybe this will be a wake up call, maybe it won't.

But if the dolphins gave up a 5th or higher I'll be pissed. Great to make a move, but don't be stupid and make a move.[/COLOR]

I wanted us to trade for Albert in the offseason. We also could've given JAX that 4th rounder. McKinnie is going to be partying in South Beach every night man :rofl:

Last edited:
So, you wanted to trade for Albert, when he'll be a free agent the following summer? That was your plan?

When they can wait that year, sign him, keep their pick, and go to work from there, year 3 of their QB's development?

Oh I forgot, you have to make the playoffs immediately in a career, my bad. Yes, we would have traded our draft picks to get an upcoming free agent. Yes.

So, you wanted to trade for Albert, when he'll be a free agent the following summer? That was your plan?

When they can wait that year, sign him, keep their pick, and go to work from there, year 3 of their QB's development?

Oh I forgot, you have to make the playoffs immediately in a career, my bad. Yes, we would have traded our draft picks to get an upcoming free agent. Yes.

That was an extremely popular opinion in the offseason. Trade for Albert. Look it up.

Edit: And excuse me if I'm not sold on Ireland's drafting anyways. Look at our line man. Who has Ireland drafted besides the center picked high in the draft, that looks elite? Look at the line! Martin? Jerry? You're telling me you trust Ireland to not waste MORE of our draft picks? List me the linemen he's drafted and I'll show you a list full of scrubs.

Last edited:
Dont Really Follow The Phins Much But Was Just Wondering How Daniel Thomas Got The Start Over Lamar Miller This Week?

That was an extremely popular opinion in the offseason. Trade for Albert. Look it up.

Edit: And excuse me if I'm not sold on Ireland's drafting anyways. Look at our line man. Who has Ireland drafted besides the center picked high in the draft, that looks elite? Look at the line! Martin? Jerry? You're telling me you trust Ireland to not waste MORE of our draft picks? List me the linemen he's drafted and I'll show you a list full of scrubs.
[COLOR=#red]
Martin has played well, is he elite? No...

There are 5 elite offensive lineman... that is why they are called elite. Martin and Pouncey are good. Dallas Thomas, No one knows. John Jerry has always had all the potential in the world... but he is lazy as a sack a ****. Nothing Ireland can do about that.

When they brought in Jake Long did he sure up the line? Nope. He was elite for 3 years... he helped win 0 games. [/COLOR]

I'm honestly surprised you don't like Ireland, you think like he does. :lol:

I know the BA option was popular, guess what everyone else was saying louder? WAIT. We can get him (if we want him) next year. And we may not even go that route.
IF they go after him, fine, but better to do it with no cost of a damn 2nd round pick man, ****.

And I know, Martin has been criticized, Jerry has been good for the run, bad for the pass, and Dallas Thomas I have no idea where he's at.

My "guess" is, he got weapons last year, added secondary guys, redid the LBers, and added a shiny new pass rusher opposite Wake that the coaches don't play.

So I assume, he plans 2014 to be Oline. Such as maybe he signs Albert, drafts a OG in round 1, go Albert, Martin, Pouncey, #1 OG, and then Richie I guess as his new 5. Or maybe he uses RD 2 pick as well on a OL guy. At some point, he tries to re-sign either DT, Soliai or Starks, we draft another WR in the mid to late rounds (there are a billion available this year)

And HOPEFULLY ,we ****** fire Daniel Thomas.

So he'll have Tannehill
Miller + somebody not named DT
Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews, 2014 mid round guy?
Clay, Sims, Egnew
New Oline

Wake, 1 of the DT's, Odrick, Jordan (with Vernon)
Wheeler, Ellerbee, Misi
Grimes (re-sign or franchise) Taylor, Patterson, Carroll, Davis
Jones, Clemons, other Jones

Sturgis, Fields

Any other FA we can add, be it RB, OL, DT, LB, whatever, and if Tannehill continues to improve, there you start to see results

IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

These coaches get a God damn clue and start using these guys correctly. 25 freaking snaps for Dion Jordan is a fireable offense.
33 for Miller, 29 for Daniel Thomas = STUPID *** *************

We will see.

[COLOR=#red]
In all honesty man, Sherman has some weird obsession with DT... No one knows why.

For awhile it was because he is supposedly the best pass blocker... which isn't the case because he like everyone else gets Tanny killed. Also he is a running back, not an offensive lineman.

Not too sure why this is happening, everyone just scratches their heads. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]CP, you and I both have legit said that at least 5 times since the draft.[/COLOR]

Yeah, its my thought process, but never know if Jeff will go that route. Hell, he could ignore the Oline again and really set the fanbase on fire. :lol:

Yeah, its my thought process, but never know if Jeff will go that route. Hell, he could ignore the Oline again and really set the fanbase on fire. :lol:

I am not sold on John Jerry long term. RT is a must in the offseason. Center is set. I don't see Incog lasting much longer either. That leaves LT where Martin is "okay". Well something is going to have to happen because we're not scoring enough points. Holes need to be created for our RB's.

The coaching staff really needs a shot in the arm from a young, ex-player OC. Someone who knows today's game. Sherman was fired and run out of his former jobs because he does not adapt or adjust.

What exactly is nope, nope and nope?

You wouldn't pass Vontae and his contract, for Grimes, Taylor, and Davis combined?

Let me guess, you've already written off both rookies 2-3 games into their season, right? :lol:

What exactly is nope, nope and nope?

You wouldn't pass Vontae and his contract, for Grimes, Taylor, and Davis combined?

Let me guess, you've already written off both rookies 2-3 games into their season, right? :lol:

We didn't have to give up Vontae. Corners like him are hard to find. What about Marshall? Have we replaced a top 5 WR? How would Hennehill look with Marshall? It's a shame Ireland was given a second chance by spineless Steve.

You really are clueless, aren't you?

Someone real quick, how many dropped touchdowns did Marshall have that year, with the bum, Henne? 5? 6? 7? Anyone remember? Didn't he have a game where he dropped like 2-3 in the end zone, in the same game? :lol: :lol:

Marshall never had a 2 TD game as a Dolphin, not because we didn't try to get him the ball, because he kept dropping them.

Brandon GIBSON, had a 2 TD game in his 6th game for Miami.

But you're mad that Marshall was dealt when he was earnin a ton of money, and droppin a ton of balls. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Vontae was dealt, and in his place we can have THREE, cornerbacks, and yet somehow you are upset? I liked Vontae, I had high hopes for him and Sean Smith, but they did not live up to their end, AND they were not Jeff/Philbin guys. See the Trent Richardson trade. That GM didn't draft him, he wasn't going to keep him, he flipped him for an asset. Same thing we did with Vontae.

Why you struggle to see these things? Stop reading Omar for a second and look around.

Where did I say to fire Ireland? All I said it was DUMB as F%$# to give him the extension before the season ended. That it was WAY to soon. I even said "I'm not saying fire him yet"

Originally Posted by h3at23
This is why I said it was a bit too early to extend Ireland. I'm not saying fire him yet. I'm saying it was too early.

Also, we need a HC like Cowher.

[COLOR=#red]To your point, and my own, there is no GM out there that is a world beater right now. Unless the Dolphins owner knows of one then what's the point in firing him. Yes there are some problems on the field but there are a LOT of good young guys there too. Clabo is garbage, but he wasn't in Atlanta. They tried to upgrade John Jerry... can't do much when the potential starter is hurt as well (Dallas Thomas). Half of the defense is injured, can't do much there. Everyone loves to blame Ireland... he isn't the problem.[/COLOR]

I can't help but be immune to the Dolphins. I'm a fan of them but all their misfortunes are funny to me "/

Only really saw Marino for 7 or 8 years so and I wasn't able to fully grasp everything. I grew up on the back end of Marino's career and the 458573930448 other QB's we've had since Marino.

I just don't really get the Dolphins. Can a team really draft that bad so many years? I've followed their draft picks since pretty much Zach Thomas and I have never seen a team whiff on many high end picks. Eg. Daniel Thomas, Michael Egnew, missing out on Patrick Willis, Jason Allen, Ted Ginn Jr. Jamar Fletcher, Eddie Moore, Jon Jerry, trading back and not taking Dez. Then we keep wasting draft picks on the same positions. Daniel Thomas in the 2nd round and has yet to do anything productive and then another RB again this past draft. Michael Egnew in the 3rd round and we take Dion Sims a year later.

I know teams are going to miss on players, but somehow the Dolphins always miss on very important picks and we always end up with an average or below average player while the game changers always end up on another team.

It's just really annoying how IMO the Dolphins can't draft. Oh and the other frustrating thing about them is that they are always taking another teams trash and try to sell the fans that we have a solid player in them. Eg. Tyson Clabo. He gets cut from another team for a reason. He just isn't good anymore and the Dolphins swoop in and tell all the fans that we got a nice pick up and he will be such a contributor to the teams success. Same crap all the time.

You really are clueless, aren't you?

Someone real quick, how many dropped touchdowns did Marshall have that year, with the bum, Henne? 5? 6? 7? Anyone remember? Didn't he have a game where he dropped like 2-3 in the end zone, in the same game? :lol: :lol:

Marshall never had a 2 TD game as a Dolphin, not because we didn't try to get him the ball, because he kept dropping them.

Brandon GIBSON, had a 2 TD game in his 6th game for Miami.

But you're mad that Marshall was dealt when he was earnin a ton of money, and droppin a ton of balls. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Vontae was dealt, and in his place we can have THREE, cornerbacks, and yet somehow you are upset? I liked Vontae, I had high hopes for him and Sean Smith, but they did not live up to their end, AND they were not Jeff/Philbin guys. See the Trent Richardson trade. That GM didn't draft him, he wasn't going to keep him, he flipped him for an asset. Same thing we did with Vontae.

Why you struggle to see these things? Stop reading Omar for a second and look around.

Yeah because he's not a top 5 WR in this league. You HAVE to be joking Chad.

I miss Brandon Marshall.  He's doing very well on the Bears.

Yes he is. Funny how he had 110+ receptions for 1500+ yards and 11 TD's last season, way better numbers than anyone we'll ever throw on the field, including free agent bust Mike Wallace. Bu bu but, he dropped passes in Miami! :lol:

He's only had 6 straight 1000 yard seasons and on his way to another. BUT, it's okay because our GM has a plan to replace that kind of player :rofl: :rofl:

I can't help but be immune to the Dolphins. I'm a fan of them but all their misfortunes are funny to me "/

Only really saw Marino for 7 or 8 years so and I wasn't able to fully grasp everything. I grew up on the back end of Marino's career and the 458573930448 other QB's we've had since Marino.

I just don't really get the Dolphins. Can a team really draft that bad so many years? I've followed their draft picks since pretty much Zach Thomas and I have never seen a team whiff on many high end picks. Eg. Daniel Thomas, Michael Egnew, missing out on Patrick Willis, Jason Allen, Ted Ginn Jr. Jamar Fletcher, Eddie Moore, Jon Jerry, trading back and not taking Dez. Then we keep wasting draft picks on the same positions. Daniel Thomas in the 2nd round and has yet to do anything productive and then another RB again this past draft. Michael Egnew in the 3rd round and we take Dion Sims a year later.

I know teams are going to miss on players, but somehow the Dolphins always miss on very important picks and we always end up with an average or below average player while the game changers always end up on another team.

It's just really annoying how IMO the Dolphins can't draft. Oh and the other frustrating thing about them is that they are always taking another teams trash and try to sell the fans that we have a solid player in them. Eg. Tyson Clabo. He gets cut from another team for a reason. He just isn't good anymore and the Dolphins swoop in and tell all the fans that we got a nice pick up and he will be such a contributor to the teams success. Same crap all the time.

Great post. I agree on a lot of fronts. I complain about Hennehill but where this team really screws up is in picking high impact football players. Now, we're way past the John Averys, Jamar Fletchers, and Yatil Greens.

What I don't understand is the current regime. We have a GM in place for a number of years who can't get an offensive line together. I've seen this GM sit in on the Jake Groves, Justin Smileys, Donald Thomases, Jake Longs, John Jerrys, Marc Colombos. It's a revolving door. When you fail year after year at something as important as the line, you are not a good general manager. My grandma could've drafted Pouncey, that's a no brainer.

Then you have the impact players he's missed out on. Where's Earl Thomas, why is he not in a Miami uniform? Then reward Reshad Jones off on good season? We've skipped impact players for Pat Whites, Phillip Merlings, Sean Smiths, Patrick Turners, and the like. This is not okay.

Ireland hit the reset button hard, Jake Long, Vontae, Marshall, Sean Smith, Dansby, Burnett, Bush are all gone. Is what he replaced them with better? Is this team good enough to make the playoffs? No and that's a failure. Don't ever let someone tell you it's time to "rebuild". In this league, teams rebuild on the fly. See Washington, Seattle, Indy, Baltimore, etc. This team has failed to make the playoffs for 5 seasons and Jeff Ireland is the common factor.

From CP's favorite
Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 39m
"@ElliotZovighian: And to think people think Ross doesn't care."» should have seen Ireland & Philbin leave their meeting with him after game.

:lol: Ross probably #%^@^@ them out after that garbage

Back
Top Bottom