THEE OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) NEXT: OFF-SEASON

Mike Sherman needs to be fired. Tonight.

******g disgusting playcalling AGAIN in the second half. Personnel groupings, all of it.

I still place a lot of ownership on Tanney's pocket presence or lack thereof but I agree, these play calls are ruining our offensive cohesion ... we have the players .. we have the playmakers. I DONT UNDERSTAND :smh:

I still place a lot of ownership on Tanney's pocket presence or lack thereof but I agree, these play calls are ruining our offensive cohesion ... we have the players .. we have the playmakers. I DONT UNDERSTAND :smh:

no offensive line.

I've never seen so many empty sets called on 3rd and short in my life.

Sherman killed us early on. We were running to the tune of about 5 yards a pop and he starts this #%!@%

His pocket presence is so bad it's not even funny. I understand he didn't play much QB in college but damn, nowhere near Russell or Luck's. A positive was no picks for once. I was pleased with how he played overall.

Look when, when you're getting drilled on a 3 step drop, or don't have enough time to go through your progressions, I'd imagine your pocket awareness would take a hit

Did you make money on the line? :lol:

Look when, when you're getting drilled on a 3 step drop, or don't have enough time to go through your progressions, I'd imagine your pocket awareness would take a hit

Well sure, but I think Jeff and I are in agreement that sometimes Tannehill has room to run, get out of the pocket and create a play, and he just stands there, stands there, boom. There was one instance yesterday where Mayock talked about him burping the baby (his term for patting the football) where the ball should've come out quicker. There were about 4-5 plays where he threw too late. And then there were some plays where he had room to run, or throw on the run, and instead stood in there like a statue.

I want more designed rollouts, bootlegs, but it's #!%!%! Sherman continuing to pull his best Dan Henning impersonation.

Ok, Tannehill has room to run. And when your coaches teach you NOT to run, who are you blaming?

Mayock can say what he wants about patting the football, etc, and he has a point, Mayock also LOVES Tannehill, and mentioned that the line is so poor, that the receivers don't even have time to run their route and get open, so Tannehill can throw them the ball.

You look stupid when you say things like look like a statue, etc, when the throw he made to Gibson against the Ravens was him escaping and making a play. The throw he made against Buffalo on the hail mary, where he got away from 3 guys, and was throwing on the run, falling down, across his body. That's not a statue.

But if he's told to stay in the pocket and deliver throws, and then does as he's told, you want to blame who, again?

I'm sorry, I'm not going to blame the guy that gets crushed every game like David Carr, but keeps getting up and throwing darts like he did to Hartline. Not one single Dolphin quarterback can make that throw since Marino. NONE. P:ennington couldn't make that throw, Henne, Fiedler, no one.

That throw to Wallace, was 6. Newman got a flag, but saved a TD. And what do ya know, they finally ran playaction, max protect on a go route. About ****** time. Only took two ****** months to call that play. :stoneface:

It ain't Ryan's fault his OC decides to run plays out of the shotgun on 3rd and 1. :smh:

Or that he calls sweeps for Daniel God Damn Thomas. Slowest ******g sweep in the history of mankind. ***** got like 4 inches. Miller is AVERAGING 4.9 for his damn career and they still use this worthless ****. Guy had 6.6 per carry last night, and still only gets it 16 times. 8 games into the season, averaging almost 5 yards a carry, and he doesn't even have 100 carriers on the season yet. :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

These coaches need to get a damn clue. The players on the roster are good enough to make plays, to make things happen. Grimes and Patterson have more INT's in 8 games (even less considering Patterson has missed like 5 games) than Smith or Vontae had in 2 full seasons. Wonder if Evan Silva would bring that little fact up.

Ok, Tannehill has room to run. And when your coaches teach you NOT to run, who are you blaming?

Mayock can say what he wants about patting the football, etc, and he has a point, Mayock also LOVES Tannehill, and mentioned that the line is so poor, that the receivers don't even have time to run their route and get open, so Tannehill can throw them the ball.

You look stupid when you say things like look like a statue, etc, when the throw he made to Gibson against the Ravens was him escaping and making a play. The throw he made against Buffalo on the hail mary, where he got away from 3 guys, and was throwing on the run, falling down, across his body. That's not a statue.

But if he's told to stay in the pocket and deliver throws, and then does as he's told, you want to blame who, again?

I'm sorry, I'm not going to blame the guy that gets crushed every game like David Carr, but keeps getting up and throwing darts like he did to Hartline. Not one single Dolphin quarterback can make that throw since Marino. NONE. P:ennington couldn't make that throw, Henne, Fiedler, no one.

That throw to Wallace, was 6. Newman got a flag, but saved a TD. And what do ya know, they finally ran playaction, max protect on a go route. About ****** time. Only took two ****** months to call that play. :stoneface:

It ain't Ryan's fault his OC decides to run plays out of the shotgun on 3rd and 1. :smh:

Or that he calls sweeps for Daniel God Damn Thomas. Slowest ******g sweep in the history of mankind. ***** got like 4 inches. Miller is AVERAGING 4.9 for his damn career and they still use this worthless ****. Guy had 6.6 per carry last night, and still only gets it 16 times. 8 games into the season, averaging almost 5 yards a carry, and he doesn't even have 100 carriers on the season yet. :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

These coaches need to get a damn clue. The players on the roster are good enough to make plays, to make things happen. Grimes and Patterson have more INT's in 8 games (even less considering Patterson has missed like 5 games) than Smith or Vontae had in 2 full seasons. Wonder if Evan Silva would bring that little fact up.

:lol: You bring up examples that fit your agenda, but leave out when commentators say he had room to run. And then all the blame goes on the coaching staff that they TAUGHT him to stay in the pocket and not escape? Are the coaches telling Ryan "Look son if you see an opening, just continue standing there patting the football"? Are they telling him to hold the football out like a grenade when he does scramble? I've never seen you put any criticism towards Ryan, as if everything is the line's fault, the coach's fault, the receivers faults. It's always everyone but Ryan. At least I blame Mike when he drops the ball, blame the coaches for awful playcalls. You on the other hand, will blame the turf if Ryan trips over his own feet.

He played well and I gave him his due. Efficient, smart with the football, and made big plays. I'd like to see more of that and expect it from the 8th overall pick. I also expect the coaching staff to use our 3rd overall pick more. Send Wake and Dion on the same side. Get creative! Imagine how Rex Ryan or Pagano would use a player like Dion. I doubt he'd be playing 3 snaps a quarter. Still not sold on the coaching staff who almost blew yet another lead with poor playcalling. Up by 2 scores and we're continuing to go empty backfield.

You bring up examples that fit your agenda

IRON KNEE

At least I blame Mike when he drops the ball, blame the coaches for awful playcalls. You on the other hand, will blame the turf if Ryan trips over his own feet.

you blamed tannehill for a receiver blowing out his knee. and you also don't give credit when it's due, but quick to mash the blame button.

when tannehill had a clean pocket, he played well. when he didn't, he didn't stand a chance. it's that simple sometimes.

:lol: yeah you just see what you want.

I said point blank after the Saints game, of the 4 turnovers, only 1 was his fault, and that one, was bad. Bad bad bad bad. The throw to Hartline before half was brutal. Even if Hart didn't run thru the route, Tannehill needed to be more cautious with what he was doin at that moment.

I've said that he isn't perfect, now should I (or anybody) expect a SECOND YEAR QB to be perfect. Course he going to make mistakes.

I certainly wish he could hold the ball better when he gets hit. But like 3 of his fumbles were absolute blindsides. Dalton last night was stripped, Wake hand on the ball. 3 of Ryan's were death blows. He got crushed on those. Can you really blame a guy for getting demolished and losing the ball a couple times?

The guy has no line, no smart playcalling, receivers that drop the ball or don't have time to get open, and a running game that isn't what it needs to be.

So dealing with all that, you want me to blame him for even more stuff? :lol: When you already blame him for knee injuries, playcalling, not scrambling enough for your liking. Etc.

When he has a line. A solid group of receivers. 2 decent running backs. Better playcalling. And has played say, 35+ NFL games, at that point, I will expect more out of him. Til then, this is all learning. Get that thru your thick *** skull. Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco and Eli Manning didn't come out and set the NFL on fire in year 2. But they all have developed into what they need to be. You want Ryan to be them, in his 24th NFL game. That's plain dumb.

IRON KNEE
you blamed tannehill for a receiver blowing out his knee. and you also don't give credit when it's due, but quick to mash the blame button.

when tannehill had a clean pocket, he played well. when he didn't, he didn't stand a chance. it's that simple sometimes.

Couldn't care less that people disagree. Hell, Luck got Wayne hurt on that poor throw. Tannehill's throw sailed high and Gibson went up, landed badly and that's it. It's a fluky thing sometimes but still a result of the poor throws. You're grasping at straws trying to debate that.

:lol: yeah you just see what you want.

I said point blank after the Saints game, of the 4 turnovers, only 1 was his fault, and that one, was bad. Bad bad bad bad. The throw to Hartline before half was brutal. Even if Hart didn't run thru the route, Tannehill needed to be more cautious with what he was doin at that moment.

I've said that he isn't perfect, now should I (or anybody) expect a SECOND YEAR QB to be perfect. Course he going to make mistakes.

I certainly wish he could hold the ball better when he gets hit. But like 3 of his fumbles were absolute blindsides. Dalton last night was stripped, Wake hand on the ball. 3 of Ryan's were death blows. He got crushed on those. Can you really blame a guy for getting demolished and losing the ball a couple times?

The guy has no line, no smart playcalling, receivers that drop the ball or don't have time to get open, and a running game that isn't what it needs to be.

So dealing with all that, you want me to blame him for even more stuff? :lol: When you already blame him for knee injuries, playcalling, not scrambling enough for your liking. Etc.

When he has a line. A solid group of receivers. 2 decent running backs. Better playcalling. And has played say, 35+ NFL games, at that point, I will expect more out of him. Til then, this is all learning. Get that thru your thick *** skull. Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco and Eli Manning didn't come out and set the NFL on fire in year 2. But they all have developed into what they need to be. You want Ryan to be them, in his 24th NFL game. That's plain dumb.

Luck makes his receivers and backs better. Or is the the other way around? :lol:

The better question is if you put Tannehill on the Seahawks, Colts, or Skins last year, are they making the playoffs?

No, the better question is WHY THE **** DO YOU KEEP COMPARING TANNEHILL TO A ONCE A GENERATION QB?????????????

Get off that already, God damn. NOBODY is Andrew Luck. Shut the Hell up about it already.

Dan Marino was not John Elway, but it worked out alright. Same thing here.

this team can be very good defense is good enough to win afc football games

its the offense and ok i get it the line is beat up and were missing a te but its elementary

Couldn't care less that people disagree. Hell, Luck got Wayne hurt on that poor throw. Tannehill's throw sailed high and Gibson went up, landed badly and that's it. It's a fluky thing sometimes but still a result of the poor throws. You're grasping at straws trying to debate that.

Gibson's knee blew out on the jump, not the landing.

Luck didn't kill Wayne's knee. He got a pressured throw, Wayne tried to adjust, the knee gave out.

The bottom line is, if a knee is going to blow like that without even being touched, it's already gone. If it doesn't blow at those moments, it would have blown on the next play, or the play after that, etc. They don't just explode without contact unless something is already happening inside.

You think everything is a poor throw anyways, I'm pretty sure you have no clue what you're talking about 99.9% of the time. Not all throws go right into a breadbasket. Sometimes you have to throw away from a defender, up high, down low, left, right, etc. The Wallace drop against NE, had to throw AWAY from the safety, that way either Wallace gets it, or it's incomplete, nothing else. Wallace dropped it. But at least there was no tip drill, int, etc, plus Wallace doesn't get destroyed by the safety that way.

In the NFL, almost every throw is going to be similar to that. Not that he hasn't missed throws, sure he has, but you place them on the opposition too. Look at the throw to Keller. Led him to the safety, knee blown. Because the safety went low, and Tannehill threw where you would want him to (hands) If he throws behind Keller a little, it changes his body, and maybe he gets hit in the back of the legs and flips over and is fine. We'll never know. You think any throw that doesn't touch palms is a bad throw. You need to think about what you're really seein vs what they are seeing on the field.

Dan Marino was not John Elway, but it worked out alright. Same thing here.

:smh: It actually didn't work out alright with Dan :lol:

this team can be very good defense is good enough to win afc football games

its the offense and ok i get it the line is beat up and were missing a te but its elementary

We should be 7-1, 6-2 at worst. It's ridiculous. I agree.

You think everything is a poor throw anyways, I'm pretty sure you have no clue what you're talking about 99.9% of the time

Yeah, if Gannon says a throw is a poor throw, I guess he has no clue. He only played MVP caliber QB. :rofl:

And everything? Let's not exaggerate here but dude needs to improve, bottom line. Your blanket statements say nothing more than you dislike my opinion. Facts are the guy needs to cut down on the interceptions (3 for Luck and 4 for Russell), 9 is way too many. The fumbles gotta stop. Yes, the line has to stop getting him killed. Yes his receivers need to catch the football. And YES, he needs to continue getting better with his throws. I expect a solid performance next Monday night, consistency is his weakness.

This Martin stuff is bothering me. Get rid of EVERYONE but Pouncey next season. ALL of them #%@%#@^@ blow. Jerry is a fat #%#$, Incognito is a huge douchebag, Martin is not a good football player, and Clabo couldn't block a phone call.

hey look, a clean pocket!

This play right here should dead all the garbage bein said by folks that don't think he can get it done.

I have no problem saying he needs to get better, but it's been 24 freaking games, that will come.

This play right here should dead all the garbage bein said by folks that don't think he can get it done.

I have no problem saying he needs to get better, but it's been 24 freaking games, that will come.

Are you expecting a big game vs. the Bucs?

Back
Top Bottom