THEE OFFICIAL MIAMI HEAT PLAYOFFS THREAD (4-3 THE FINALS Vs SAS) / NEXT: BACK2BACK HEATPEAT!!!!!!!!

Gameday

Let's see how we handle Memphis this time, they put one on us at their place last year.

Our bigs will definitely be needed and I hope Rio can continue his good play.

[COLOR=#red]Let's go![/COLOR]

:smokin

They played a good inside-out game and we could not hit any shots.

Hats off to the Grizzlies.

The loss to Memphis should fall heavily on D-Wade's shoulders. He was trying to cheat on defense even when his man was having a career night from 3-point land. We all know how great/athletic D-Wade can be on defense, but when he plays like that he REALLY hurts the team.

Our offense looked putrid at times. I think I saw one possession where Lebron pounded the ball for 15+ seconds at the top of the key before making any type of move. When is Spoelstra going to end this top-of-the-key-pick-and-roll-nonsense? It is not the way we should be utilizing our players. Lebron still doesn't seem to understand that he needs to be in the post every single play. That is how we are going to beat teams because it puts all of the other players on the floor in positions where they feel comfortable: Bosh at the free throw line extended, Wade cutting through the defense, and any combo of 2 shooters spreading the floor. That is what won us the title and that is what is going to determine our success going forward.

We've still got a lot of work to do, especially our defensive rotations. Ray shouldn't be playing point guard either.

On another note, it should be noticed with the D'Antoni hiring in L.A. that the Miami Heat still have the best ownership/management in the league. I think LA will be much better off with Pringles, but it will be interesting to see come playoff time if that was the best decision for their already limited time to win a championship.

Last edited:
We got outplayed from all positions ... good game overall but improvements will be made as the season goes on!

Hopefully, we'll clean up those shots and free throws tonight. Last season we exposed Lin and Harden(to a point), let's do it again.

I fully expect us to play much better tonight, ESPECIALLY Wade.

[COLOR=#red]Let's go HEAT![/COLOR]

I can't take anymore of these. Must learn how to make my blood pressure subside. Love the double U tho.

Back
Top Bottom