There are NO benefits for men to get married.

Originally Posted by bleach

Once the poster child against romance – professing he feels "few emotions," has "never been in love" and "does not believe in marriage" – Leonardo DiCaprio is now singing a different tune. 

"I want to get married and have children," the star of the upcoming Body of Lies andRevolutionary Road, 33, tells Parade. "In saying that, I realize I am contradicting everything I've said before. I absolutely believe in marriage." 
As for his declarations of the past – and shooting an arrow through Cupid's heart – he says, "No, I don't agree with any of that. It sounds like the ignorance of youth to me. When did I say that? Three or four years ago? Hey, we grow up real fast." 

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20230075,00.html

and this is supposed to change my opinion how?
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

you didnt even have to post that as an example  its a
fact that dudes can change their mind about marriage
and some wont I guess since its a celebrity that its supposed to hold more weight
then the average joe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Once the poster child against romance – professing he feels "few emotions," has "never been in love" and "does not believe in marriage" – Leonardo DiCaprio is now singing a different tune. 

"I want to get married and have children," the star of the upcoming Body of Lies andRevolutionary Road, 33, tells Parade. "In saying that, I realize I am contradicting everything I've said before. I absolutely believe in marriage." 
As for his declarations of the past – and shooting an arrow through Cupid's heart – he says, "No, I don't agree with any of that. It sounds like the ignorance of youth to me. When did I say that? Three or four years ago? Hey, we grow up real fast." 

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

and some wont I guess since its a celebrity that its supposed to hold more weight
then the average joe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by LDJ

your not special so stop it 5.
laugh.gif
@ your for getting your kicks off being different or what you think is cool to be different. You wouldn't know what being different and truly standing by a set of beliefs is by what you post on here and how lost you are as a man. I still stand by my statement that anyone that listens to LDJ and validates it and forgets the *#@%%!@$ he has posted on here is ******ED (I don't care to be PC).

Which you in so many words proved my point. I never asked for nor care for approval/validation. Show me one time, in any instance that I have ever posted on any subject matter and seeked this. What i stated are facts. You going against it shows how unintelligent you are.

I stated that regardless if I have a baby shower, signed a birth certificate, had a baby shower, celebrated being a father none of that changes the fact that if i inpregnate a woman and she delivers the child I am a father and will always be one, regardless if i do any of the things mentioned.
How is that ******ed thinking exactly?

Someone said that im not committed have love for my kids becuase i didnt have a ceremony wear a ring or sign some papers. Yet i been at it for 15+ yrs solid straight. that is a fact. Common sense would say that i believe and have committed to loving caring being there for my family.

That would be like your employer (based on your thoughts i know you work under someone follow suite/beat to another man) saying we dont think your serious committed to the company even though youve been here and worked hard consistantly everyday for 15-20 years, because you didnt sign a contract,have a ceremony, tell the whole world you been here for 15-20+ years. How ******ed and stupid is that logic, well lack there of logic.

I also said that marriage and its origins stem from the ultimate unification and bond between ppl to make/create one. If thats not a life together and/or a child then what is it exactly? Thats a fact, so if a fact is ******ed and stupid then ill go on being stupid and ******ed.

And who are you to determine what a man is and isnt. i could easily say you arent one because your life is contigent and lead by what others think and choose and decide whats best for you aka work for a company, have a boss follow the social norms, following dress codes etc..

If you are older then 30 id be very surprise. And id be very surprise if wasnt the stereotypical middle upper/lower class person who follows suite with most ppl of your age bracket and demographic.

But let me guess i only wear what i wear do the whole facebook twitter thing etc all the other stereotypical things and followings and beliefs you follow because you just do it, and not because your lost have no sense of direction and always behind the next man.

You know you remind me of something my father says. You know whats the difference between the 10th dog and the 2nd dog in a path of wolves? Ill let you ponder and figure out that one.

But you got it its nice to see you your own man come and go as you please, have a well established and successful life, wife kids etc so you know exactly what you talking bout huh.
what about the wife of your best friend that you got pregnant and then the child you didn't support? Does she know you are her father yet? I have to go back to the post where you were bragging about it. Look I didn't really read your *!%! in this post. You are nothing to me. How you have presented yourself so far has shown me you ain't *!%! and will never have anything to say that I will take into any consideration for being truth. I skim everything you write. 

they are married now but wasnt then, and plus she came from college i havent heard seen her prior to the incident and he said he wasnt involved with her and she said the same thing. So your saying im in the wrong because she came to my house drunk we was both drunk, had sex then 30 minutes later she goes over to his house have sex with him then ends up pregnant.

So youre saying if you had a man he had sex with you then leaves your house and bangs your best friend your the one at fault? Oh let me guess its different because man/woman. And we never did a dna etc cause eventually she went on to marry him and didnt want him to know what happen. And out of respect for her and her wishes i did not say anything. So what im suppose to do, kidnap the kid and do a dna secretly? Now who sounds ******ed. 

And i never bragged about it i just stated a fact. I dated her first, we broke up cause she left to go to school. We chatted communicated through aim/aol chat ( i know your young and probably still wearing pj's with the footies at the time) It was kinda like what facebook/twitter is now. He came in the room, they got to chatting, then on the phone he hit me up said if its cool they talked. I said ok they did whatever they did iuno wasnt there. She moved back. Came to me saying they dont talk anymore arent involved with each other, and he in turn said the same thing. We had sex, same night she went had sex with him. They i guess was talking/dating although telling me different. She has kid then pop up and say oh we getting married. My old lady returns I tell her whats going on (well we was just dating off and on etc.) She was living in ny for work for awhile so we werent really together persay, she said she dated did stuff with guys and i aint even mad cause that was then. We eventually have kids of our own live our lives, and they live theres. We still together, they 3 kids later divorced like end of 09.

I still dont see how that correlates with me providing doing for my kids or the fact i love them and my woman. I was never married to her and by your logic and reasoning if I was that would mean it is wrong to marry divorce and marry someone again right? I never made a commitment to her either. I never did a dna out of the respect i had (i know respect is a bad term in this instance) for her wishes. 

I never lied about it or hid the fact to my woman or my family. Another thing thats funny with what you said is that all these baby mammas etc, do the same thing and they go around with multitudes of men, and then say whichever one is trick/mark enough to stay with them tells the kids thats there real daddy etc. 

Boy these stereotypes and double standards be killing me. A chick lies to me about there status, have sex with multitudes of dudes, dont know who the dad is and decides this guy gonna be cause he gonna marry me and support take care of me is honored and seen as a good thing. Me not knowning she sleeping with me and 30 minutes later sleeping with a friend. I go on and establish a relationship with a woman and live a life long commitment means im ******ed deadbeat etc...

Im sorry but like i said i dont subscribe to lipstick alley, follow the whole jerry springer/maury lifestyle train of thinking. See you cant understand that because with a woman its mommas baby and papas maybe. For all we know and it could happen anytime you have sex with a chick unprotected/protected she could become pregnant. And you dont know for sure the life situation and relationship that other person has everytime. Well this goes for most ppl. Everyone who has ever had sex cant honestly say they truly knew everything and all about the person they have had sex with. You live in some bubble if you dont believe jumpoffs/one nights stands, chicks/guys with partners go out and have sex with others. Trust me it happens in real life. And it happens more often then you think.

Again like i have stated and said plenty of times validation from your believe in higher being, or social acceptance, and acknowlegement does not equate love. And doing so doesnt mean your relationship is any better or any stronger then the next person who doesnt follow believe in what you believe in.

Thats kinda narrowminded to think your way is the right and only way. Its just like all of those religion threads. This isnt a right or wrong type of thing. ust like the guy who said marriage will be better last longer if he waits till he is married to have sex. No way to prove that it will or wont. Its ppl who had sex before and last forever and its ppl who wait and divorce soon after being the married.

There is no evidence nor proof that illustrates wedding/social gathering/papers/ rings etc means a lifelong commitment,love for the other and kids will last and that if you dont it wont. But if its that blind unfounded faith that makes you honor that commitment and live up to your promises then more power to you. Whatever it takes for you to get the job done. For some its a ceremony rings a dress family etc in order to love care for someone. For others and the mass majority of history and the world it doesnt take those events for them to achieve this goal.

All im saying is love etc isnt a one way street that can be access by one entrance. If you say it is then fine thats cool. But fact still remains it isnt. Its like bball. A dunk a layup a 10ft jumper. You can view one as better/means more then the other. End of the day is the 2 points on the board still counted as 2 points?

Originally Posted by LDJ

your not special so stop it 5.
laugh.gif
@ your for getting your kicks off being different or what you think is cool to be different. You wouldn't know what being different and truly standing by a set of beliefs is by what you post on here and how lost you are as a man. I still stand by my statement that anyone that listens to LDJ and validates it and forgets the *#@%%!@$ he has posted on here is ******ED (I don't care to be PC).

Which you in so many words proved my point. I never asked for nor care for approval/validation. Show me one time, in any instance that I have ever posted on any subject matter and seeked this. What i stated are facts. You going against it shows how unintelligent you are.

I stated that regardless if I have a baby shower, signed a birth certificate, had a baby shower, celebrated being a father none of that changes the fact that if i inpregnate a woman and she delivers the child I am a father and will always be one, regardless if i do any of the things mentioned.
How is that ******ed thinking exactly?

Someone said that im not committed have love for my kids becuase i didnt have a ceremony wear a ring or sign some papers. Yet i been at it for 15+ yrs solid straight. that is a fact. Common sense would say that i believe and have committed to loving caring being there for my family.

That would be like your employer (based on your thoughts i know you work under someone follow suite/beat to another man) saying we dont think your serious committed to the company even though youve been here and worked hard consistantly everyday for 15-20 years, because you didnt sign a contract,have a ceremony, tell the whole world you been here for 15-20+ years. How ******ed and stupid is that logic, well lack there of logic.

I also said that marriage and its origins stem from the ultimate unification and bond between ppl to make/create one. If thats not a life together and/or a child then what is it exactly? Thats a fact, so if a fact is ******ed and stupid then ill go on being stupid and ******ed.

And who are you to determine what a man is and isnt. i could easily say you arent one because your life is contigent and lead by what others think and choose and decide whats best for you aka work for a company, have a boss follow the social norms, following dress codes etc..

If you are older then 30 id be very surprise. And id be very surprise if wasnt the stereotypical middle upper/lower class person who follows suite with most ppl of your age bracket and demographic.

But let me guess i only wear what i wear do the whole facebook twitter thing etc all the other stereotypical things and followings and beliefs you follow because you just do it, and not because your lost have no sense of direction and always behind the next man.

You know you remind me of something my father says. You know whats the difference between the 10th dog and the 2nd dog in a path of wolves? Ill let you ponder and figure out that one.

But you got it its nice to see you your own man come and go as you please, have a well established and successful life, wife kids etc so you know exactly what you talking bout huh.
what about the wife of your best friend that you got pregnant and then the child you didn't support? Does she know you are her father yet? I have to go back to the post where you were bragging about it. Look I didn't really read your *!%! in this post. You are nothing to me. How you have presented yourself so far has shown me you ain't *!%! and will never have anything to say that I will take into any consideration for being truth. I skim everything you write. 

they are married now but wasnt then, and plus she came from college i havent heard seen her prior to the incident and he said he wasnt involved with her and she said the same thing. So your saying im in the wrong because she came to my house drunk we was both drunk, had sex then 30 minutes later she goes over to his house have sex with him then ends up pregnant.

So youre saying if you had a man he had sex with you then leaves your house and bangs your best friend your the one at fault? Oh let me guess its different because man/woman. And we never did a dna etc cause eventually she went on to marry him and didnt want him to know what happen. And out of respect for her and her wishes i did not say anything. So what im suppose to do, kidnap the kid and do a dna secretly? Now who sounds ******ed. 

And i never bragged about it i just stated a fact. I dated her first, we broke up cause she left to go to school. We chatted communicated through aim/aol chat ( i know your young and probably still wearing pj's with the footies at the time) It was kinda like what facebook/twitter is now. He came in the room, they got to chatting, then on the phone he hit me up said if its cool they talked. I said ok they did whatever they did iuno wasnt there. She moved back. Came to me saying they dont talk anymore arent involved with each other, and he in turn said the same thing. We had sex, same night she went had sex with him. They i guess was talking/dating although telling me different. She has kid then pop up and say oh we getting married. My old lady returns I tell her whats going on (well we was just dating off and on etc.) She was living in ny for work for awhile so we werent really together persay, she said she dated did stuff with guys and i aint even mad cause that was then. We eventually have kids of our own live our lives, and they live theres. We still together, they 3 kids later divorced like end of 09.

I still dont see how that correlates with me providing doing for my kids or the fact i love them and my woman. I was never married to her and by your logic and reasoning if I was that would mean it is wrong to marry divorce and marry someone again right? I never made a commitment to her either. I never did a dna out of the respect i had (i know respect is a bad term in this instance) for her wishes. 

I never lied about it or hid the fact to my woman or my family. Another thing thats funny with what you said is that all these baby mammas etc, do the same thing and they go around with multitudes of men, and then say whichever one is trick/mark enough to stay with them tells the kids thats there real daddy etc. 

Boy these stereotypes and double standards be killing me. A chick lies to me about there status, have sex with multitudes of dudes, dont know who the dad is and decides this guy gonna be cause he gonna marry me and support take care of me is honored and seen as a good thing. Me not knowning she sleeping with me and 30 minutes later sleeping with a friend. I go on and establish a relationship with a woman and live a life long commitment means im ******ed deadbeat etc...

Im sorry but like i said i dont subscribe to lipstick alley, follow the whole jerry springer/maury lifestyle train of thinking. See you cant understand that because with a woman its mommas baby and papas maybe. For all we know and it could happen anytime you have sex with a chick unprotected/protected she could become pregnant. And you dont know for sure the life situation and relationship that other person has everytime. Well this goes for most ppl. Everyone who has ever had sex cant honestly say they truly knew everything and all about the person they have had sex with. You live in some bubble if you dont believe jumpoffs/one nights stands, chicks/guys with partners go out and have sex with others. Trust me it happens in real life. And it happens more often then you think.

Again like i have stated and said plenty of times validation from your believe in higher being, or social acceptance, and acknowlegement does not equate love. And doing so doesnt mean your relationship is any better or any stronger then the next person who doesnt follow believe in what you believe in.

Thats kinda narrowminded to think your way is the right and only way. Its just like all of those religion threads. This isnt a right or wrong type of thing. ust like the guy who said marriage will be better last longer if he waits till he is married to have sex. No way to prove that it will or wont. Its ppl who had sex before and last forever and its ppl who wait and divorce soon after being the married.

There is no evidence nor proof that illustrates wedding/social gathering/papers/ rings etc means a lifelong commitment,love for the other and kids will last and that if you dont it wont. But if its that blind unfounded faith that makes you honor that commitment and live up to your promises then more power to you. Whatever it takes for you to get the job done. For some its a ceremony rings a dress family etc in order to love care for someone. For others and the mass majority of history and the world it doesnt take those events for them to achieve this goal.

All im saying is love etc isnt a one way street that can be access by one entrance. If you say it is then fine thats cool. But fact still remains it isnt. Its like bball. A dunk a layup a 10ft jumper. You can view one as better/means more then the other. End of the day is the 2 points on the board still counted as 2 points?

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

then the average joe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

who was talking to you?
and i posted a celebrity just because i remember how anti marriage he was at one point

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

then the average joe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

who was talking to you?
and i posted a celebrity just because i remember how anti marriage he was at one point

Wait so LDJ has a kid out there that could possibly be his and he doesn't care to find out if it is? If this is true you are a scumbag

Wait so LDJ has a kid out there that could possibly be his and he doesn't care to find out if it is? If this is true you are a scumbag

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

then the average joe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
who was talking to you?
and that brings what to this discussion though ?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

what are we supposed to do with the old info ?
you dont have to directly quote me you posted it on a message board for everybody to see
anybody can comment on it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

bring something useful to the table are get out the way
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

then the average joe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
who was talking to you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you dont have to directly quote me you posted it on a message board for everybody to see
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

There are alot ofbenfits tp gett married.

The biggest advantage of being married is an emotional stability. First, people who got married have their own family as shelter for their social life.

2nd You got a life time best friend

3rd You got a lifetime stable healthy relationship

4th 2 Incomes

5th Double health insurance

6th Longer Life. men live longer when happy and married

7th Tax Benifits

8th You make your girl very happy and let her know how much you love her

Theres more but Im sure you get the point by now

The biggest advantage of being married is an emotional stability. First, people who got married have their own family as shelter for their social life.

2nd You got a life time best friend

3rd You got a lifetime stable healthy relationship

4th 2 Incomes

6th Longer Life. men live longer when happy and married

7th Tax Benifits

8th You make your girl very happy and let her know how much you love her

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

The biggest advantage of being married is an emotional stability. First, people who got married have their own family as shelter for their social life. - can be done without

2nd You got a life time best friend - can be done without

3rd You got a lifetime stable healthy relationship - can be done without

4th 2 Incomes - can be done without

6th Longer Life. men live longer when happy and married -  tomorrow is never promised

7th Tax Benifits

8th You make your girl very happy and let her know how much you love her - can be done without

Fixed
good points but almost all applies with not be married

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

The biggest advantage of being married is an emotional stability. First, people who got married have their own family as shelter for their social life. - can be done without

2nd You got a life time best friend - can be done without

3rd You got a lifetime stable healthy relationship - can be done without

4th 2 Incomes - can be done without

6th Longer Life. men live longer when happy and married -  tomorrow is never promised

7th Tax Benifits

8th You make your girl very happy and let her know how much you love her - can be done without

Fixed
good points but almost all applies with not be married

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

then the average joe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
who was talking to you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
you responded as if i was talking to you directly
feel free to not get married, i dont care

i posted the article because its relevant to the discussion

if you cant see why then, i dont know what to tell you

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

then the average joe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
who was talking to you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

who was talking to you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

but anybody can comment on it though this is a message borad
look at it like you just walked in a room full of people and gave us that info
anybody is free to make a comment
and like I was saying its know that dudes will change their mind about this subject

who was talking to you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

but anybody can comment on it though this is a message borad
look at it like you just walked in a room full of people and gave us that info
anybody is free to make a comment
and like I was saying its know that dudes will change their mind about this subject

LDJ wrote:
I dated this girl, things wasnt working out, so we just became good friends. I introduced her to one of my good friends. They ended up getting married. We lost touch. One day her and her husband, had a dispute, she went out with girlfriends, got drunk hit me up. My old lady was outta town at the time, She came over spent the night. A few weeks later i found out i got her pregnant. We have never told anyone her son is mines. They ended up divorcing, he is in major debt and has served time for non child support since being laid off. And the kid isnt even
^^^^
Thats what you wrote.  Now your story sounds so much different.  You are a clown homeboy.  And if you choose to respond keep it under 200 words please. 

LDJ wrote:
I dated this girl, things wasnt working out, so we just became good friends. I introduced her to one of my good friends. They ended up getting married. We lost touch. One day her and her husband, had a dispute, she went out with girlfriends, got drunk hit me up. My old lady was outta town at the time, She came over spent the night. A few weeks later i found out i got her pregnant. We have never told anyone her son is mines. They ended up divorcing, he is in major debt and has served time for non child support since being laid off. And the kid isnt even
^^^^
Thats what you wrote.  Now your story sounds so much different.  You are a clown homeboy.  And if you choose to respond keep it under 200 words please. 

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

LDJ wrote:
^^^^

um you do know the only way you can get a dna test is by one, the mother consents to it. which she didnt wasnt going to do. Two as a means of establishing paternity to seek child support. So are you saying i should put myself on child support and make a 18+ yr commitment to a child just to find out if its mines or not. Or three you have been or are married to said woman. Again so you saying i shouldve asked her, or somehow forced her to divorce her man, marry her then divorce her just to get a dna test to see if the child is mines?

How does any of those scenarios make any sense exactly? You cant just go and say hey i want a dna test. Its only given/granted if the mother established you as a parent, something in which she never did. There is no other legal way, And even if i did the whole stupid kidnap snatched the kid up, no hospital in town would administer the test unless it is consented by the court and/or the mother. And at the time they didnt have at home dna test, and even now they arent really accurate/ and submersible in a court of law.

LDJ wrote:
^^^^

um you do know the only way you can get a dna test is by one, the mother consents to it. which she didnt wasnt going to do. Two as a means of establishing paternity to seek child support. So are you saying i should put myself on child support and make a 18+ yr commitment to a child just to find out if its mines or not. Or three you have been or are married to said woman. Again so you saying i shouldve asked her, or somehow forced her to divorce her man, marry her then divorce her just to get a dna test to see if the child is mines?

How does any of those scenarios make any sense exactly? You cant just go and say hey i want a dna test. Its only given/granted if the mother established you as a parent, something in which she never did. There is no other legal way, And even if i did the whole stupid kidnap snatched the kid up, no hospital in town would administer the test unless it is consented by the court and/or the mother. And at the time they didnt have at home dna test, and even now they arent really accurate/ and submersible in a court of law.

Find yourself a good women to hold down, and start a family with. That's a benefit.

Find yourself a good women to hold down, and start a family with. That's a benefit.

Originally Posted by LDJ

LDJ wrote:
^^^^

I really don't care or never really cared enough to man up and except my reality. I have a lot of excuses for not finding out if I am a childs father.

tired.gif

I'm sure the "bond" you and your "life partner" share is pretty strong after reading this.  Does your "life partner" know about this possible love-child that you had with a married woman who also was your friend?
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom