Theres NO WAY Gillie wasn't Writing for Lil Wayne...(video)

Song is
pimp.gif

But yeah, after listening to Fireman, I can definitely see the similarities in their style.

Actually....Wayne's flow had been evolving since Lights out....

Started on light's out and changed for the SQAD mixtapes...

Then it went in another direction on Carter 1&2....

However, his flow on the SQAD mixtapes was mean as well...

Gillie may have helped him out,but I don't think he was outright writing for him.Wayne was on the path to becoming a better rapper long before Gillie gotto Cash Money.

so i saw like six freeways and one half of the reup gang(eghck)

i dont really hear much wayne. i also dont listen to much wayne. they both say marc jacob, is that that comparison?

this look cracked me up
6p4ilas.jpg

Originally Posted by dreClark

Actually....Wayne's flow had been evolving since Lights out....

Started on light's out and changed for the SQAD mixtapes...

Then it went in another direction on Carter 1&2....

However, his flow on the SQAD mixtapes was mean as well...

Just what I say...it could also be the other way around too. Gillie sounds southern.

All i can say is...Wayne's flow is a complete 180 from where it was 4 years ago...that has to mean something.

Gillie took to long to make this song to a video. We done stopped bangin to this like 3months ago lol

and Your a idiot if you really think Gillie didnt write for Wayne/Cash Money..........

Oh Most Def. Gillie Influenced Wayne ,as a big Wayne fan i was in denial but after watching this vid and listening to alotta mixtapes, you can see that backearly in wayne's career Gillie helped him thats def. true. But Wayne transformed himself into the best rapper alive, gillie's flow in the vid is one ofWayne's 8 to 10 different flows on numerous albums and mixtapes. guille helped early in Wayne's career (Pre Carter 1, gille helped wayne.). But nowWayne is probably 5-6 levels above Gillie, I think he can teach gillie some things now. He influenced a young Dwyane Carter, just like big Daddy Kane andNotorious influenced alotta young rappers who are now in the game. The only difference is that Wayne is lyrically the best rapper alive ( with respect to Lupewho's right there with him.) but Gillie is levels below Wayne, he's not even on the same planet. influenced yes. ghost written hard to believe;lyrically, Gillie's not bad but like i said five levels lyrically below Wayne. it dosent make sense how can you say you ghost wrote for someone who is 5levels above you...

Gillie didn't write+%%+ for Wayne. If someone can explain to me why does/did Wayne's+%%+ sound hotter than Gillie's than i'd believe it. Whatis he purposely writin' wack+%%+ for himself and makin' Weezy's+%%+ sound hot? Gillie wasn't the only dude signed to CMR. Why has no oneco-signed him yet? Juvie was there. Mikkey was there. Mannie was there. All dudes who left on a sour note from CMR yet they haven't said+%%+ about Gilliewritin' for dude.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Gillie didn't write+%%+ for Wayne. If someone can explain to me why does/did Wayne's+%%+ sound hotter than Gillie's than i'd believe it. What is he purposely writin' wack+%%+ for himself and makin' Weezy's+%%+ sound hot? Gillie wasn't the only dude signed to CMR. Why has no one co-signed him yet? Juvie was there. Mikkey was there. Mannie was there. All dudes who left on a sour note from CMR yet they haven't said+%%+ about Gillie writin' for dude.

I'm not a fan of Gillie but your arguement is flawed because you could say the same thing about any R&B ghost writer in the game. And at the sametime if it isn't true why doesn't Wayne speak on it... the ni99a is always running around the question when he's ask. Oh and by the way Wayne'sflow before "The Carter's" was TRASH and after Gillie stop writing for him everyone uses the+**$*@!#* excuse that he's high
eyes.gif

Yea, Gillie wrote for Wayne. All u Wayne fans just face facts and accept it. You'd say the same thing to Bow Wow fans since Weezy wirte for Bow"Weezy". But that was the main reason Gillie got signed to Cash Money after the contract was signed, they just wanted him to write. Check thisinterview out from '06

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/features/id.599/title.

So wait, what happened to wayne getting his flow from JAY???? Is gillie writing for jay too? or is jay writing for both of them?

BTW wayne's said flow is older than this video, gillie could have done this flow just to say he ghost for dude. I'm not sayin weezy doesn't have aghostwriter...I'm just sayin, too much hate SMH

AND Wayne's flow >> Gillie's flow, even if it is gillies flow, wayne did it better
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Its not a matter of lyrics, its dudes flow/delivery that wayne sunk his teeth into.

I'm 90% sure gillie never wrote for him, but i'm also confident he was helping him perfect his craft(delivery, charisma.) Its a fact wayne had barssince the first LP, but he wasn't getting heavily recognized until he started to pick up on the punchlines and put emphasis into what he was rapping about. Before, he rapped in a monotone voice and even on his LP's, still sounded like just another member of the hot boyz. The change came when he started doingthe Squad Up freestyles with gutta and the other dude. Mind you that was in 2002,(ether, oops oh my, oh boy, i get high freestyles) the same year cash moneysigned gillie the kid. Gillie showed him a different way to rap, and how to put an extra string on the lyrics he already had, because prior to, wayne alwayssounded the same on every track. Clearly cash money saw something they liked in gillie, they snatched him up from Major Figgaz with a quickness.

As for the jay-z reference, I think that is only for namesake because he shows no shades of jay-z when rapping.

I think Gillie wrote for him but i really dont care. I%@%+*# with Wayne and Gillie.

"GDK gaddamn killer let that iron pop..."

I am really lookin forward to an album from Gillie.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by buggzpimpin

So wait, what happened to wayne getting his flow from JAY???? Is gillie writing for jay too? or is jay writing for both of them?

BTW wayne's said flow is older than this video, gillie could have done this flow just to say he ghost for dude. I'm not sayin weezy doesn't have a ghostwriter...I'm just sayin, too much hate SMH

AND Wayne's flow >> Gillie's flow, even if it is gillies flow, wayne did it better
laugh.gif

wayne sounds nothing like JAY...past present or future, its hard to bite JAYS flow... he has too man stlye and most of them are unordadox.. WAYNE got afew flows but his rhymes are trash sorry
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom