They're shooting at Cops in Dallas, Eleven Officers Shot, Two Civilian Injured ,Five CONFIRMED DEAD-

I understand this gentleman, Mark Hughes, was found as not being a suspect...but tweeters are saying he should've never been a suspect in the first place? That's what I'm misunderstanding.

Update: New tweet from the same person. I understand what she's getting at now. (I strongly disagree, but understand.)

A lot of dudes in here really wilding with some of the statements.

I still can't believe y'all think leadership isn't necessary, never mind that every other successful group has it.

Never mind the only time we saw progress as a culture we had it.

Never mind we haven't done anything since we haven't had it.

But y'all think that people will organize, plan and execute by themselves.

Most people are naturally followers, that's just not how sociology works.

Last edited:
Their needs to be a concerted effort to push the best and brightest black voices forward, how has having no leadership worked for the past 40 years?

It hasn't.

This is one of those feel-good things people say that's meaningless in practice.

I understand this gentleman, Mark Hughes, was found as not being a suspect...but tweeters are saying he should've never been a suspect in the first place? That's what I'm misunderstanding.

Update: New tweet from the same person. I understand what she's getting at now. (I strongly disagree, but understand.)

View media item 2094693
[/quote]

Yea what she's doing is called virtue signaling.

Last edited:
Crazy how all 7 news outlets say the same exact thing 7 different ways and repeat it every 30 seconds, reiterating their points, reiterating their information, pumping it into the conscious and subconscious of those watching.

They have plenty of people in powerful positions protecting their interests, you can't be serious with that one.
You just answered your own question bro.

Read the first part of your sentence and that's what black people need.

We don't need a MLK, Malcolm type dude for us all to get behind, get momentum, and then CNN runs some ******** propaganda on him being a dope fiend or sexual assault or some other slanderous **** and black people turn on him and now all momentum is lost.

We don't need a face or a brand to be the singular head of what we're trying to do, and the gays didn't need that and didn't have that either.

We need multiple people in power to make decisions but we don't need to put a target on any brother nor put all the momentum on the back of one brother.

5 cops deceased 11 shot but this officer Thompson is the only face they show? Are there really 5 deceased and 11 shot? I Don't believe any of this.

They blew the guy up?  That's crazy.  

I understand the reasoning after so many cops were killed/injured, but that's still crazy to me.  

You just answered your own question bro.

Read the first part of your sentence and that's what black people need.

We don't need a MLK, Malcolm type dude for us all to get behind, get momentum, and then CNN runs some ******** propaganda on him being a dope fiend or sexual assault or some other slanderous **** and black people turn on him and now all momentum is lost.

We don't need a face or a brand to be the singular head of what we're trying to do, and the gays didn't need that and didn't have that either.

We need multiple people in power to make decisions but we don't need to put a target on any brother nor put all the momentum on the back of one brother.

Multiple people in positions of power working in tandem, is leadership.

We talking about the same thing.

Crazy how all 7 news outlets say the same exact thing 7 different ways and repeat it every 30 seconds, reiterating their points, reiterating their information, pumping it into the conscious and subconscious of those watching.

It's sad and frightening honestly.

View media item 2094693

Did you watch the video I posted?

His brother went to a cop as soon as the shooting started and Mark handed over his gun and helped people get out of the street.

The media plastered his face all over the place for hours instead of doing their jobs and getting the facts before jumping to conclusions.

He and his brother are getting death threats online. This could really screw his life up.

He was not hiding from cops. He went to the cops.

It is not illegal to carry the weapon he had in Texas.

3 detained 1 killed 
Dog you know how hard I've been lookin for this info.

They just keep talking about the same 2 things on CNN.
mean.gif

I don't know about other dallas peeps but my interactions with the Dallas Police Department has been nothing short of civil and well-mannered. For something tragic like this happen to such a diverse group of police officers and civil ones is heartbreaking. 

This nonsense will only divide a great city like Dallas and that is the last thing we need in this beautiful city. 

edit

Last edited:
Posted this in the thread about the situation in Minny but it is also relevant here.

Listen, y'all gotta ignore the ignorance spewed by some in here regarding this topic because it is too important to have constructive conversations about it.

If dudes can't sit back and learn something then it is what it is but those in the know need to discuss the real implications of all this.

Please don't let trolls bait y'all and let's keep the convo towards something substantial.

Did you watch the video I posted?

His brother went to a cop as soon as the shooting started and Mark handed over his gun and helped people get out of the street.

The media plastered his face all over the place for hours instead of doing their jobs and getting the facts before jumping to conclusions.

He and his brother are getting death threats online. This could really screw his life up.

He was not hiding from cops. He went to the cops.

It is not illegal to carry the weapon he had in Texas.
Right, I understand what you're saying man.

What I am saying (and, again, please correct me if I am wrong) but if there is a person (man, women, white, black, purple) walking down the street at an "event" with an AK strapped to himself where people have been shot, wouldn't it only make sense that this person potentially be a suspect?

Now, I guess the question I have to ask is if the Dallas PD tweeted this information AFTER he handed his weapon over and was interviewed. Because if that was the case, I agree, this would be completely wrong. 

But, if they saw this photo of him and tweeted it BEFORE they knew about him handing his weapon over and interviewing, I think it makes complete sense.

I don't know about other dallas peeps but my interactions with the Dallas Police Department has been nothing short of civil and well-mannered. For something tragic like this happen to such a diverse group of police officers and civil ones is heartbreaking. 

This nonsense will only bring diversity in a great city like Dallas and that is the last thing we need in this beautiful
city. 

View media item 2094694

So they have 1 female in custody who was in the area of the garage where another suspect was killed.

Two male suspects in custody, captured fleeing on the highway.

The Associated Press (@AP)
5 mins ago - View on Twitter
Dallas police are still not certain that they have identified everyone involved in the shooting attack.

Back
Top Bottom