Things babies born in 2011 will never know

Computers and cell phones are basically rewriting the way we live. they probably replace at least 20 seemingly useful items, beating them in functionality and practicality in every persons life, if they use them.

Its very scary and im worried about the day humans become useless in some aspects of life. we are already costly and inefficient to be honest. I mean im sure there's a computer program that could probably run a drive thru and not mess up my order.

How is this article gonna say commercials aren't gonna be around when they infiltrated youtube & movie theaters?

How is this article gonna say commercials aren't gonna be around when they infiltrated youtube & movie theaters?

Damn.. Sad indeed.. Why must life be like this? lol 
eyes.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

I've been saying for years that the fax machine is totally outdated technology - I'm always amazed by the fact that people still want to use them.

I've been saying for years that the fax machine is totally outdated technology - I'm always amazed by the fact that people still want to use them.

Originally Posted by kdawg

I've been saying for years that the fax machine is totally outdated technology - I'm always amazed by the fact that people still use them.

fixed and i agree.

78931-1600x900.jpg

tired.gif

Originally Posted by kdawg

I've been saying for years that the fax machine is totally outdated technology - I'm always amazed by the fact that people still use them.

fixed and i agree.

78931-1600x900.jpg

tired.gif

I think that books might go full circle and return to the era of medieval illuminated manuscripts. Books will have place but they might very well become luxurious storehouses of timeless information. Despite being an Agnostic, I plan to commission a family Bible when I have Children and by that time, with books no longer serving as mass produced conduits of information of all sorts, books my well become the domain of timeless works, they may well all be made to order and they might very well become pricey ranging from (adjusted for inflation of course) a hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars.

I really could imagine having just a few dozen books and each of them would be of great importance. I would have a bejeweled and inlaid family Bible, perhaps even handwritten and illustrated by monks. In addition, I my book shelf might contain volumes of classical literature, from the Iliad to the Victorian novels, those books also having similarly opulent covers although maybe made by a manual printing press, that incorporates very high quality paper or even parchment and various colors of artisan prepared inks. Finally, the shelves would be filled with important works of modern literature, Fairy Tales and children's literature, timeless tomes about social sciences (you can guess that the Wealth of Nations and Books by Dr Hayek and Dr Sowell will all be there), physical sciences, philosophy and perhaps some literature in German, Spanish and whatever language my future wife's ancestors spoke (Farsi poetry, for example) all of those bound in less opulent but still attractive and durable leather, printed on very high quality paper and meant to serve as family heirlooms.

I have going to do this, I just hope not too many people will because that should mean a lower price for me to show my children the majesty of literacy and the ability to gain timeless truths as well be asked questions with which to spend the remainder of one's life pondering.

I think that books might go full circle and return to the era of medieval illuminated manuscripts. Books will have place but they might very well become luxurious storehouses of timeless information. Despite being an Agnostic, I plan to commission a family Bible when I have Children and by that time, with books no longer serving as mass produced conduits of information of all sorts, books my well become the domain of timeless works, they may well all be made to order and they might very well become pricey ranging from (adjusted for inflation of course) a hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars.

I really could imagine having just a few dozen books and each of them would be of great importance. I would have a bejeweled and inlaid family Bible, perhaps even handwritten and illustrated by monks. In addition, I my book shelf might contain volumes of classical literature, from the Iliad to the Victorian novels, those books also having similarly opulent covers although maybe made by a manual printing press, that incorporates very high quality paper or even parchment and various colors of artisan prepared inks. Finally, the shelves would be filled with important works of modern literature, Fairy Tales and children's literature, timeless tomes about social sciences (you can guess that the Wealth of Nations and Books by Dr Hayek and Dr Sowell will all be there), physical sciences, philosophy and perhaps some literature in German, Spanish and whatever language my future wife's ancestors spoke (Farsi poetry, for example) all of those bound in less opulent but still attractive and durable leather, printed on very high quality paper and meant to serve as family heirlooms.

I have going to do this, I just hope not too many people will because that should mean a lower price for me to show my children the majesty of literacy and the ability to gain timeless truths as well be asked questions with which to spend the remainder of one's life pondering.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Commercials on TV: They're terrifically expensive, easily avoided with DVRs, and inefficiently target mass audiences. Unless somebody comes up with a way to force you to watch them -- as with video on the Internet -- who's going to pay for them?

It's saying the TV is going to have to do it like the internet and movies to get people to see them. I'm guessing it'll probably be little banners along the bottom of the screen--seen it before during World Cup games on the Spanish channels--and lots... LOTS of blatant product placement.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Commercials on TV: They're terrifically expensive, easily avoided with DVRs, and inefficiently target mass audiences. Unless somebody comes up with a way to force you to watch them -- as with video on the Internet -- who's going to pay for them?

It's saying the TV is going to have to do it like the internet and movies to get people to see them. I'm guessing it'll probably be little banners along the bottom of the screen--seen it before during World Cup games on the Spanish channels--and lots... LOTS of blatant product placement.

this article is stupid....every generation will have certain items that they are not aware of or have never witnessed...

I'm 26 and never actually wacthed a black/white tv, but I knew they existed.
I have never used an 8 track player, but I know what is it and looks like

this is nothing new.

this article is stupid....every generation will have certain items that they are not aware of or have never witnessed...

I'm 26 and never actually wacthed a black/white tv, but I knew they existed.
I have never used an 8 track player, but I know what is it and looks like

this is nothing new.

Back
Top Bottom