Things babies born in 2011 will never know

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Eh. Your kids will know only what you teach and show them...

If I have kids they're gonna be schooled on all the old things I cherished when I was younger, and more.

QFT

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Eh. Your kids will know only what you teach and show them...

If I have kids they're gonna be schooled on all the old things I cherished when I was younger, and more.

QFT

Agree with everything on the list except watches. Time is timeless, no way a watch can just go out of style, its part of manliness.

Agree with everything on the list except watches. Time is timeless, no way a watch can just go out of style, its part of manliness.

these things are really only for rich kids and upper middle class. poor kids will probably know and use alot of these things.

these things are really only for rich kids and upper middle class. poor kids will probably know and use alot of these things.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by kdawg

I've been saying for years that the fax machine is totally outdated technology - I'm always amazed by the fact that people still use them.

fixed and i agree.

78931-1600x900.jpg

tired.gif

Didnt see this but sad but true. When I got my first iPod (20 Gig black/white og pre-color/video model) I could have never imagined how much more could be added to the device.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

I've been saying for years that the fax machine is totally outdated technology - I'm always amazed by the fact that people still use them.

fixed and i agree.

78931-1600x900.jpg

tired.gif

Didnt see this but sad but true. When I got my first iPod (20 Gig black/white og pre-color/video model) I could have never imagined how much more could be added to the device.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

I think that books might go full circle and return to the era of medieval illuminated manuscripts. Books will have place but they might very well become luxurious storehouses of timeless information. Despite being an Agnostic, I plan to commission a family Bible when I have Children and by that time, with books no longer serving as mass produced conduits of information of all sorts, books my well become the domain of timeless works, they may well all be made to order and they might very well become pricey ranging from (adjusted for inflation of course) a hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars.

I really could imagine having just a few dozen books and each of them would be of great importance. I would have a bejeweled and inlaid family Bible, perhaps even handwritten and illustrated by monks. In addition, I my book shelf might contain volumes of classical literature, from the Iliad to the Victorian novels, those books also having similarly opulent covers although maybe made by a manual printing press, that incorporates very high quality paper or even parchment and various colors of artisan prepared inks. Finally, the shelves would be filled with important works of modern literature, Fairy Tales and children's literature, timeless tomes about social sciences (you can guess that the Wealth of Nations and Books by Dr Hayek and Dr Sowell will all be there), physical sciences, philosophy and perhaps some literature in German, Spanish and whatever language my future wife's ancestors spoke (Farsi poetry, for example) all of those bound in less opulent but still attractive and durable leather, printed on very high quality paper and meant to serve as family heirlooms.

I have going to do this, I just hope not too many people will because that should mean a lower price for me to show my children the majesty of literacy and the ability to gain timeless truths as well be asked questions with which to spend the remainder of one's life pondering.

Did you just watch Book of Eli or something? 
laugh.gif

I promise no matter how modern we get, people will not stop buying bibles.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

I think that books might go full circle and return to the era of medieval illuminated manuscripts. Books will have place but they might very well become luxurious storehouses of timeless information. Despite being an Agnostic, I plan to commission a family Bible when I have Children and by that time, with books no longer serving as mass produced conduits of information of all sorts, books my well become the domain of timeless works, they may well all be made to order and they might very well become pricey ranging from (adjusted for inflation of course) a hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars.

I really could imagine having just a few dozen books and each of them would be of great importance. I would have a bejeweled and inlaid family Bible, perhaps even handwritten and illustrated by monks. In addition, I my book shelf might contain volumes of classical literature, from the Iliad to the Victorian novels, those books also having similarly opulent covers although maybe made by a manual printing press, that incorporates very high quality paper or even parchment and various colors of artisan prepared inks. Finally, the shelves would be filled with important works of modern literature, Fairy Tales and children's literature, timeless tomes about social sciences (you can guess that the Wealth of Nations and Books by Dr Hayek and Dr Sowell will all be there), physical sciences, philosophy and perhaps some literature in German, Spanish and whatever language my future wife's ancestors spoke (Farsi poetry, for example) all of those bound in less opulent but still attractive and durable leather, printed on very high quality paper and meant to serve as family heirlooms.

I have going to do this, I just hope not too many people will because that should mean a lower price for me to show my children the majesty of literacy and the ability to gain timeless truths as well be asked questions with which to spend the remainder of one's life pondering.

Did you just watch Book of Eli or something? 
laugh.gif

I promise no matter how modern we get, people will not stop buying bibles.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Reading this made me kinda sad
frown.gif
. I'm getting old. I sometimes miss the simpler times
ohwell.gif
yea man............. yea....

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Reading this made me kinda sad
frown.gif
. I'm getting old. I sometimes miss the simpler times
ohwell.gif
yea man............. yea....

With the way they are praising smartphones, your kid has to be pretty stupid to not know anything at all. I do agree with cursive, I write in all CAPS when I use handwriting.. At least they little *!%$$!*# wont know how to forge my signature...

With the way they are praising smartphones, your kid has to be pretty stupid to not know anything at all. I do agree with cursive, I write in all CAPS when I use handwriting.. At least they little *!%$$!*# wont know how to forge my signature...

I've been saying for years that the fax machine is totally outdated technology - I'm always amazed by the fact that people still want to use them.
Ehhh. Now they're built into photocopiers etc. At my construction firm, we get faxes for quotes etc. Still used. No doubt email is used a lot more, but there are still companies who use faxes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I am really one of the only people who still uses CDs--besides my grandmother who recently retired her VCR and cassettes. Every time people get in my truck, they ask for an AUX to plug their iPods into... I should probably get that installed and get out of the stone age.
30t6p3b.gif
I still use CDs in my car. I've got an old Pioneer head unit that was worth a $$$! load a few years ago that I don't have the heart to replace. CD's sound better in the car than having my iPod play through a transmitter.

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

Originally Posted by emiliano zapato

Originally Posted by XBidZx23X

the first generation iphone made hahahah

laugh.gif
   better yet, the first generation iPod lol I had a hard time trying to remember exactly what it looked like. and the release date of the first iPod is relatively recent. compared to other music devices. (cd, radio, etc)

I have and still use a first generation Nano (black)...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thing has been through hell and it's still truckin'

Me too! 4gb white one, works like a charm. I've still got the packaging and everything
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hai Mastermind89
embarassed.gif

I've been saying for years that the fax machine is totally outdated technology - I'm always amazed by the fact that people still want to use them.
Ehhh. Now they're built into photocopiers etc. At my construction firm, we get faxes for quotes etc. Still used. No doubt email is used a lot more, but there are still companies who use faxes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I am really one of the only people who still uses CDs--besides my grandmother who recently retired her VCR and cassettes. Every time people get in my truck, they ask for an AUX to plug their iPods into... I should probably get that installed and get out of the stone age.
30t6p3b.gif
I still use CDs in my car. I've got an old Pioneer head unit that was worth a $$$! load a few years ago that I don't have the heart to replace. CD's sound better in the car than having my iPod play through a transmitter.

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

Originally Posted by emiliano zapato

Originally Posted by XBidZx23X

the first generation iphone made hahahah

laugh.gif
   better yet, the first generation iPod lol I had a hard time trying to remember exactly what it looked like. and the release date of the first iPod is relatively recent. compared to other music devices. (cd, radio, etc)

I have and still use a first generation Nano (black)...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thing has been through hell and it's still truckin'

Me too! 4gb white one, works like a charm. I've still got the packaging and everything
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hai Mastermind89
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom