Third look/Comparison CDP IV vs '99 Retro

Originally Posted by Jeanius86

Since your 34 years old so you might understand this better....

You go to buy tires for your car, you have been a Michelin man your whole life and a single tire usually costs you about $150. Michelin always has made EXCELLENT, ABOVE AVERAGE tires, however, to maximize their profit they are now selling tires that have been re-treaded and using poor quality rubber/ tread pattern similar to a generic brand such as Riken. Michelin is now charging 199 for that tire, but Riken only charges 79. Its the SAME tire, just made by a different factory.

Are you going to buy the Michelin just because its what youve always bought and it was made at a Michelin factory?

So are you suggesting that we buy fakes?
eyes.gif

^^^ lol... that's exactly what I thought when I read his analogy, but I didn't bother addressing it.

I was more bothered by the fact that he thought because I'm 34, the only way I could possibly understand the argument is if he used an analogy about tires!How condescending!

...especially when the analogy doesn't make much sense
laugh.gif

Eww.. that is sick..
I hope to God JB didn't make it that cheap.. and maybe SneekGeekz just copped a fake pair.. but I doubt it.. that'd really blow if he did..

Man.. those look horrible.. :/

WOW its sad to see how people would settle for less( STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE MATERIALS. we should be THANKFUL that they are even dropping again.) What kindacomment is that...........people are really starting to sound like feins

Lets put that comment into other situations and see how it sounds
(example which is factual): Going to buy sneakers from a company(JB) that promotes great quality in footwear but when ready to make the purchase you find outthey've been using terrible cheap materials and not living up to their name so you say STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE MATERIALS. we should be THANKFUL thatthey are even dropping again.

Situation 1: You looking for a girlfriend its been like 5 months since you last got some after weeks of looking you have no luck finding one so your lastresort is a prostitue that charges $310 so you pause and say to yourself STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE MATERIALS. we should be THANKFUL that we are even gettingany...............

lol no but for real people I really want to know WHY you guys are buying these shoes i cant wait to hear the complaints after theyrelease.............................

Another question do you think these new waves of retros will last years like the previous retros and OG's i meen come on my mars IV's are alreadystarting to crack a little and i only wore them about 10 times.

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

^^^ lol... that's exactly what I thought when I read his analogy, but I didn't bother addressing it.

I was more bothered by the fact that he thought because I'm 34, the only way I could possibly understand the argument is if he used an analogy about tires! How condescending!

laugh.gif

You didnt understand my first post, you once again thought you were being attacked because you like the LOOKS of the shoe, so I tried to come up with adifferent view of something that I'm sure you have purchased sometime in your 34 years. I used an industry with companies that do the same type of thing JBis doing, what I explained is a common practice, but I guess you dont know very much about tires, didnt mean to get you bent outta shape!
laugh.gif

SHORTY, Im not suggesting you buy fakes, Im saying its a damn shame it has come down to them being almost identical. Its your money, you want to pay 310 forthat garbage go ahead. My opinion is it's a damn joke when I could pay 1/4 of that for the SAME thing, personally I wouldnt buy either. I have my 99'sthat I wear all the time so I got nothing to worry about

I guess man.
laugh.gif

Random though: Is JB purposely trying to poop on their retro releases so that the whole retro thing can die easier? The effort just isn't there anymore.
smh.gif
I guess they were dead serious about focusing more on Team Jordans and the signature lines.

Jeanius86 I agree. I passed on the militaries and the mars retros also. JB ruined the IVs imo. They wack to me now. If that's what yall wanna settle for goright ahead. I'm passin on these too, I don't want too classic shoe in classic CW they just look terrible now. Smh

NT never ceases to amaze me.

NT: "stop releasing new cartoon colorways and drop OGs"
JB: "here you go, word to the countdown pack"
NT: "how dare you"

im obviously not a part of the majority in this argument, but i think its crazy how people on this board have such a sense of self-entitlement. especially whenit comes stuff like this.

theyre sneakers my dudes. im not saying "settle for less" like others have said. but im sayin, roll with the punches. i had a 89 integra back in theday... made out of nothin but metal. the rsx's they put out nowadays are made of nothing but plastic. inferior materials? maybe... different? mos def.

and thats what people are getting hung up on. theyre different. and what cracks me up, is that... knowing how this board works... im sure 90% of the catscomplaining have never seen or held a pair of the 99 retros. let alone the OGs.

and imo .... when it gets right down to it, the argument you guys have is back-asswards. all of you cats are talking like these are a slap in the face to theOGs and how terrible it is that there are these slight differences from the originals. %%$$, as a long-time collector (who owns 2 pairs of the 99 retros) imjumping for joy that there are these slight differences.

it just adds to nostalgia of the OG pairs and the OG retros.

one of the reasons i stopped f'n with the sneaker side of NT, is because i think (too many) people like the idea of having collectable kicks... instead ofcollecting kicks they like. its the whole "im stylin on you" mentality.

its the american way. im better than you and here's why... and i see a lot of that in this thread. a lot of sneaker elitists.

id bet a hefty amount, that if the 99 retros were the CDP's... and vice versa... this argument would be exactly the same. because when it gets right downto it... everyone in here is flappin their gums, but not sayin a damn thing. they're complaining about the fact that there are changes, and not what thechanges are.

anyway. these might be copped, depending on what the XIXs look like. //////////// EDIT //////////////////// after reading through the post...23collector1985.... i think me and you are on the same page.

Finally got a chance to peep the vid. The last set of IV's JB dropped (Mars, Military, etc) look way better quality wise than thoseCDP IV's and we all remember the uproar about the inferior quality when those dropped a couple years back. JB really skimped on those CDP's...theylook ridiculously cheap. Two thumbs down, way down JB. When you go out, you're supposed to go out with a bang (in a goodway).

Originally Posted by Jeanius86

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

I was more bothered by the fact that he thought because I'm 34, the only way I could possibly understand the argument is if he used an analogy about tires! How condescending!

laugh.gif

You didnt understand my first post, you once again thought you were being attacked because you like the LOOKS of the shoe, so I tried to come up with a different view of something that I'm sure you have purchased sometime in your 34 years. I used an industry with companies that do the same type of thing JB is doing, what I explained is a common practice, but I guess you dont know very much about tires, didnt mean to get you bent outta shape!
laugh.gif

SHORTY, Im not suggesting you buy fakes, Im saying its a damn shame it has come down to them being almost identical. Its your money, you want to pay 310 for that garbage go ahead. My opinion is it's a damn joke when I could pay 1/4 of that for the SAME thing, personally I wouldnt buy either. I have my 99's that I wear all the time so I got nothing to worry about
It's all good, Jeanius. I didn't feel attacked. I just thought it was funny that you thought a car tire analogy would help me understand yourargument because I'm 34. You just picked the wrong 34 year old to use that analogy, that's all. I've only bought tires once in my life and had noidea which tire was better than the next
laugh.gif

Anyway, no harm-no foul. I understand your point, and even agree that there is no reason retros can't be made exactly like the OG's. I justdon't find the '08 IV's that horrible as most of you do. That's all. Like I've said (many times before), I've got beater OG's andDS '99 retros, so the fact that the'08's don't look exactly like them will make me feel less guilty when I wear them.

Peace

Originally Posted by kingjafijoehoe

WOW its sad to see how people would settle for less( STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE MATERIALS. we should be THANKFUL that they are even dropping again.) What kinda comment is that...........people are really starting to sound like feins

Lets put that comment into other situations and see how it sounds
(example which is factual): Going to buy sneakers from a company(JB) that promotes great quality in footwear but when ready to make the purchase you find out they've been using terrible cheap materials and not living up to their name so you say STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE MATERIALS. we should be THANKFUL that they are even dropping again.

Situation 1: You looking for a girlfriend its been like 5 months since you last got some after weeks of looking you have no luck finding one so your last resort is a prostitue that charges $310 so you pause and say to yourself STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE MATERIALS. we should be THANKFUL that we are even getting any...............

lol no but for real people I really want to know WHY you guys are buying these shoes i cant wait to hear the complaints after they release.............................

Another question do you think these new waves of retros will last years like the previous retros and OG's i meen come on my mars IV's are already starting to crack a little and i only wore them about 10 times.

You're quite right there kingja....my Military IV's are cracking on the midsole despite the excellent care done and wearing them just a few times.But the thing is, everybody loves Jordans, who doesn't... I have not owned an OG black cement IV before so I have to get this..but you're right,quality is declining.

everything about this looks fake the glossy paint heel tabs cheap red color to them and that dude is not even a big time sneaker head just a guy who enjoysnice footwear and he can tell the difference. im going to spend 450 and cop a icey icey wearable pair im done with all these cheap retros. ive got most of theOG colorways. im just going to finish my nike air jordan collection then move onto foams and air maxs. then when all my nike air retros breakdown maybe jordanbrand will re retro them half assed.

theyre sneakers my dudes. im not saying "settle for less" like others have said. but im sayin, roll with the punches. i had a 89 integra back in the day... made out of nothin but metal. the rsx's they put out nowadays are made of nothing but plastic. inferior materials? maybe... different? mos def.

and thats what people are getting hung up on. theyre different. and what cracks me up, is that... knowing how this board works... im sure 90% of the cats complaining have never seen or held a pair of the 99 retros. let alone the OGs.

and imo .... when it gets right down to it, the argument you guys have is back-asswards. all of you cats are talking like these are a slap in the face to the OGs and how terrible it is that there are these slight differences from the originals. %%$$, as a long-time collector (who owns 2 pairs of the 99 retros) im jumping for joy that there are these slight differences.

it just adds to nostalgia of the OG pairs and the OG retros.

The difference between Acura and Jordan Brand is that Acura is adapting to a trend in the entire industry to remain on the cutting edge by makingimprovements to a sports car to make it faster for the consumer, which is what someone purchasing a spotrs car wants, unlike JB who is clearly making aninferior product for the sake of profits. It's flat out unethical business practice on the part of Jordan Brand, but maybe that's the cost ofremaining competitive, although how can reducing quality ever be a godd idea in the long run? They have already driven me away as a consumer. Peoplenotice. Just look at what happened to Ford Motors, they decided to reduce quality to maximize profits and their cars started falling apart. As a result, Toyota is now the #1 automaker in the U.S. Why? Because they focus on making a quality product.

If you are happy with the product, go ahead and buy it. No problems there. But to say there are slight differences in the CDP IV's is putting it lightlyas far as overall quality is concerned. I guess you can say the "fake IV" t-shirt Jordan brand put out was "different" as well, after allit does have an "authentic" Jordan Brand tag on it.

I feel like a lot of people here. The IV's are wack to me now and it has nothing to do with the jumpman on the back. It's all about quality.

I only buy things that last.
-Method Man (the rapper)

Back
Top Bottom