Third look/Comparison CDP IV vs '99 Retro

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

NT never ceases to amaze me.

NT: "stop releasing new cartoon colorways and drop OGs"
JB: "here you go, word to the countdown pack"
NT: "how dare you"

im obviously not a part of the majority in this argument, but i think its crazy how people on this board have such a sense of self-entitlement. especially when it comes stuff like this.

theyre sneakers my dudes. im not saying "settle for less" like others have said. but im sayin, roll with the punches. i had a 89 integra back in the day... made out of nothin but metal. the rsx's they put out nowadays are made of nothing but plastic. inferior materials? maybe... different? mos def.

and thats what people are getting hung up on. theyre different. and what cracks me up, is that... knowing how this board works... im sure 90% of the cats complaining have never seen or held a pair of the 99 retros. let alone the OGs.

and imo .... when it gets right down to it, the argument you guys have is back-asswards. all of you cats are talking like these are a slap in the face to the OGs and how terrible it is that there are these slight differences from the originals. %%$$, as a long-time collector (who owns 2 pairs of the 99 retros) im jumping for joy that there are these slight differences.

it just adds to nostalgia of the OG pairs and the OG retros.

one of the reasons i stopped f'n with the sneaker side of NT, is because i think (too many) people like the idea of having collectable kicks... instead of collecting kicks they like. its the whole "im stylin on you" mentality.

its the american way. im better than you and here's why... and i see a lot of that in this thread. a lot of sneaker elitists.

id bet a hefty amount, that if the 99 retros were the CDP's... and vice versa... this argument would be exactly the same. because when it gets right down to it... everyone in here is flappin their gums, but not sayin a damn thing. they're complaining about the fact that there are changes, and not what the changes are.

anyway. these might be copped, depending on what the XIXs look like. //////////// EDIT //////////////////// after reading through the post... 23collector1985.... i think me and you are on the same page.
Your post probably makes the most sense in this entire thread... or at least it's the only one I completely agree with. The Black/Cement IV'shave always been my favorite Air Jordan. I vowed I wouldn't buy another pair of '99 or older IV's after a DS pair crumbled on me--I can't just gamble money away like that, I got a family to take care of. I'm just happy to get my hands on another pair that I know will hold up.Seriously though, 6 pages of complaints? For those of you that will buying these, enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom