This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
View media item 2433091
Looking at the comparison in the midfield, Man U definitely needs a Matic, Naaningolan (or however you spell it), Busquets etc type player where Carrick is sitting now.

Definitely need a RB. I think Darnian can get enough work done on the left. And captain quality/leader at CB next to Bailly to keep that back line solid.

That's just my opinion looking at these 2 teams.

CDM
RB
LB
CB (Jones needs to go, and I don't trust Rojo enough)
LW
ST (Rashford's my boy and all, but hey, we trynna have a decent CL run and solidify CL for the next season).

View media item 2433091
Looking at the comparison in the midfield, Man U definitely needs a Matic, Naaningolan (or however you spell it), Busquets etc type player where Carrick is sitting now.

Definitely need a RB. I think Darnian can get enough work done on the left. And captain quality/leader at CB next to Bailly to keep that back line solid.

CDM
RB
LB
LW
ST (Rashford's my boy and all, but hey, we trynna have a decent CL run and solidify CL for the next season).

Pretty much the same feeling I have but with one exception. I'd put ST at either 1st or 2nd followed by CDM and CB

Some silly season news...

@MessiMinutes: Youri Tielemans to @AS_Monaco is done, reports @planeteasmfr. €23m (£18.5m) fee. Absolute bargain, if true.

Monaco getting their summer started early with a super shrewd move if legit for that price :eek

Inter Milan are ready to double the salary Mauricio Pochettino earns at Spurs to make him their new head coach. (Source: Football Italia)

Everton want to sign Swansea midfielder Gylfi Sigurðsson in the summer. (Source: Sky Sports)

@yousef738:
BIG NEWS - Colombian radio station @rcnradio say James Rodriguez has an agreement in "principle" to join Man Utd this summer.

According to @Matt_Law_DT, Ivan Gazidis is in the running to be the new MLS boss. Would be a significant raise on the £2.6m Arsenal pay him.

No way Wenger leaves if true :lol

Last edited:
Rashford is not only legit, he's showing that he really wants to be a great footballer. Which is missing from a lot of English players. He shows me a fire that he wants to one day be a balon d'or finalist type.

Some people look at him as being selfish but that type of cocky demeanor helped catapult CR7 into the superstar he is today. And speaking of him, I'm not saying he'll be on that level, but he has the tools to be the closest thing to Ronaldo of any player I've seen.

Pace, height, striker/left winger, the dribbling and skills are improving. That free kick he had, being the set piece man even from corners at his age in addition to his physical attributes, and the cross he had to Fellaini. Gotta let him be out there and become great. He can start in a top 4 EPL side next season. With the right pieces in other places.

Last edited:
I've been reading United is the favorite to get James for the past few weeks too, with Juve and Chelsea being in the race as well. United sounds like the move that makes the most sense.

Edit: and shout out the James for increasing his fee with the goals and performances the last few weeks. Showing he's world class and no flop like many dismissed him as being.

Last edited:
Not a Rashford guy, I think you're tripping Flyeed, even saying ballon dor in the same paragraph is blasphemy.

Reports out of Colombia is that United agreed to terms with James. That's big time. Now with Griezmann next, United are not playing around.

Sooooo, some of y'all what to hate on the Pogba price tag (makes no sense to me), but without that flex of muscle, without the domino to fall, United are sitting in the backseat watching these players go elsewhere. The Pogba transfer was WAY MORE important than just signing a midfielder. It was a great power play.

I like Rashford. I just don't think he's the guy to provide the instant results up from United needs right now.

I don't know why James wants to go to Utd so Mourinho can make him track back like a dog.

Now, Pep would let that boy cook.

View media item 2433091

CDM
RB
LB
LW

Pretty much the same feeling I have but with one exception. I'd put ST at either 1st or 2nd followed by CDM and CB

That was in no specific order for me. I believe all of those roles need to be filled to really compete.

Not a Rashford guy, I think you're tripping Flyeed, even saying ballon dor in the same paragraph is blasphemy.

Reports out of Colombia is that United agreed to terms with James. That's big time. Now with Griezmann next, United are not playing around.

Sooooo, some of y'all what to hate on the Pogba price tag (makes no sense to me), but without that flex of muscle, without the domino to fall, United are sitting in the backseat watching these players go elsewhere. The Pogba transfer was WAY MORE important than just signing a midfielder. It was a great power play.

View media item 2433375
Someone gets it.

Marcus has definitely taken a lot of Tony's shine...

I like Rashford. I just don't think he's the guy to provide the instant results up from United needs right now.

This is true but I also don't think the club can afford to let him slip away,dude has the talent, work ethic and looks like he's even got the mentality to become a beast in the future but he's still raw. Need someone with experience leading the line next season when the pressure on Mou will be real and there'll be less room for error. I'm sure Rashford would still be able to get pt during cup ties and certain league games.

Dude's mindset has impressed me above all else,nothing has fazed him so far in his young career. He gives it his all regardless of the situation,definitely need to keep him in the fold. Mou's been impressed by dude as well which is why he still got so much pt even when he was going through a long scoring drought earlier in the season

Last edited:
My Chelsea can win today. Lovely. Kante still out with a knock as Cesc holds his spot. Rest of the XI is the usual

Also that DDG is only 6'2? Same as me but then again I'm not as fit as him and I've never played b-ball past 6th grade PE lol

I don't know why James wants to go to Utd so Mourinho can make him track back like a dog.

Mou has already coached the likes of Sneijder, Ozil, Deco and Cesc in about the same role though :lol,wouldn't be anything new and they did just fine under him

MF's aren't what Citeh are missing at the moment...

Last edited:

Someone get this man a scotch....on the rocks!

I don't get the hate for him or the price. Of course I get that he hasn't performed well in some games and it makes for good bantz, but it can't be a serious argument.

Mou has already coached the likes of Sneijder, Ozil, Deco and Cesc in about the same role though
laugh.gif
,wouldn't be anything new and they did just fine under him

MF's aren't what Citeh are missing at the moment...
Yep no need for James in blue not what we need. But City do need a 6 only midfield position we should be looking for.

Just to be clear I didn't say I think he'll win one or be a finalist, but his demeanor shows me that he believes he can be. I wouldn't be surprised if Mou is the one instilling in his head that he has greatness within him. Son is 19 and told Blind, a lefty who can score an occasional FK, in that match against Celta Vigo to get out of his way so he can take the free kick and buried it from a spot that was awkward and difficult for a righty. Dude has this arrogance like some of his teammates are bums compared to him. As an RM fan, I have to say some cockiness can be a good trait in football if channeled properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom