This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea played better than everyone else in the EPL this season. That is all.

Actually, I am happy for the Chelsea supporters in here. Y'all are always top class with the realistic takes and respect. Usually. Most of you. At least you kept Spurs from winning.
Tip of the hat good sir. If only you had about 3 more players with as much ambition and drive as Alexis

Watching the last few mins on the dvr since I had to watch the game at work. What a phenomenal job by Conte and that squad!!

Congrats Chelsea :D obvious from day 1 you'd win it. You had Kante and that was all that was needed. Well, our time as champions has come to end, but maybe we'll take it back next season :smokin

Same lineup as last time. I don't expect a 5-0 against @HEGGSY  but a win is needed.

C_sv09iXoAAv15t.jpg

Also props to Cheslea btw. Players like Moses and Alonso showing what they can do Conte giving Moses the chance. Kante speaks for himself everyone should see the impact he makes now there is no denying it. The rest of the players showing last year was just a fluke for them and spoke nothing to their actual quality. Conte figured out what that high quality team needed with some tweaks and it couldn't have worked out better.

EDIT: and bringing Luiz back and showing hes not a complete **** up 
laugh.gif
 getting Terry and Ivanovic out the starting lineup worked wonders for them

Last edited:
Got lucky it wasn't called off. Sterling did try to play that and was half a body offside

Last edited:
Schmeichel didnt even dive for it, ball was already going in. You can argue he made a play towards the ball but he never connected so it dont even matter.

Connection doesn't matter if a player is offside and attempted to play it no contact or not it should have been called offside we got lucky the ref missed it.

But we have nothing to be ashamed about with the performance so far

Penalty! 100% 

Yaya coming up already 2-0 he never misses

EDIT: Yaya letting Jesus take it and that was a great pen too 2-0

Last edited:
Connection doesn't matter if a player is offside and attempted to play it no contact or not it should have been called offside we got lucky the ref missed it.

But isnt the other point theyre making that he was impeding Schmeichel's view or dive? I know a pass couldnt be played but I thought shots werent flagged unless the offsides player makes contact with the ball.

But isnt the other point theyre making that he was impeding Schmeichel's view or dive? I know a pass couldnt be played but I thought shots werent flagged unless the offsides player makes contact with the ball.
No impediment comes into play if Sterling wasn't making a play on the ball and he was offside in Kasper's way. But because he made a play on it that takes it to the other scenario where impeding  the keeper doesn't matter cause he tried to affect the play and touch the ball while in an offside position I believe.

Last edited:
I feel like its so harsh though, I've seen it called when the offsides player touches the ball and scores and get called back but I dont remember a scenario like this where the GK was beat and the offsides player didnt connect either.

Oh well we'd be in 3rd place if we win so hopefully the boys can grab these 3 points.

Dispute over who gets to take the penalty for City. Jesus gets it over Yaya Toure....on his birthday.

Expect Yaya's agent to speak on behalf of the continent of Africa again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom