This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

**** the MLS if they turned this down b. Seriously

Snowflake Anerican sports fans can't handle relegation/promotion

They make all sorts of angry rants about underachievers receiving handouts instead of working harder, but at the same time, they love watching their teams lose 90% of their games (without any consequence) and get rewarded with high draft picks :lol:::

And yeah, I know my hometown teams have benefited from that strategy, but I still think it's ridiculous that fans are happy with their teams losing on purpose. Promotion/relegation would cut that bull @#$@ out immediately

I mean, the thing is, that money would be a short term fix. If fix is even the right word. There aren't enough quality teams to set up a successful Pro/Rel system. Not to mention it'd be a cluster **** to deal with USL and NASL and figure out how to establish those leagues as far as where they sit for promotion. There are so many issues that need to be addressed before a pro/rel system can be successful. And I'd love to see it happen.

The rich getting richer
IMG_20170724_125445.jpg

Juve are having another solid window outside of losing Bonucci

I just don't get it. Money aspect I get. But why would you go to a team where you're going to be the side piece? As a future star this makes sense, but his time at this team isn't now.

I don't even want to know the fee they paid because if it's under 30 mil I'm gonna be tight.

They make all sorts of angry rants about underachievers receiving handouts instead of working harder, but at the same time, they love watching their teams lose 90% of their games (without any consequence) and get rewarded with high draft picks :lol::::

And yeah, I know my hometown teams have benefited from that strategy, but I still think it's ridiculous that fans are happy with their teams losing on purpose. Promotion/relegation would cut that bull @#$@ out immediately

Yup, American sports leagues with their salary caps and draft systems that reward losing are the antithesis of the free market capitalism.

Buncha snowflakes if you ask me.

They make all sorts of angry rants about underachievers receiving handouts instead of working harder, but at the same time, they love watching their teams lose 90% of their games (without any consequence) and get rewarded with high draft picks :lol::::

Where you from? philly? Cleveland?

I mean, the thing is, that money would be a short term fix. If fix is even the right word. There aren't enough quality teams to set up a successful Pro/Rel system. Not to mention it'd be a cluster **** to deal with USL and NASL and figure out how to establish those leagues as far as where they sit for promotion. There are so many issues that need to be addressed before a pro/rel system can be successful. And I'd love to see it happen.

Bruh. Take the $4b and figure it out later.

Where you from? philly? Cleveland?

Bruh. Take the $4b and figure it out later.

I'm from the Bay Area. Warriors and Giants have won multiple championships in the past few years despite being trash for DECADES thanks to draft picks. I don't watch NFL, but the Raiders are competitive again after drafting Derek Carr. That was their reward for being run terribly for almost 15 years.

I'm just being honest about benefiting from draft picks but still not liking the fact that losing is often encouraged . Your example of Philly is perfect. Dudes have been openly wanting their team to be trash for the past 5-6 years just so that they can load up on top picks and be competitive in the future :lol:

I wouldn't spend a single cent on a team trying to lose on purpose. At least with the Warriors, the losing was more from incompetence and spending millions on trash players rather than trying to lose on purpose :lol:

What's the MLS going to do with 400M a year? You think they have any idea how to use that? Lol.

This is my problem with indescrinately bashing MLS.

Yes, it's low hanging fruit and an easy target for cheap laugh but come on man, I know you're a little bit cognizant of where MLS has come from, and it's operations as a business.

A lot of things MLS can be criticized for, business operations and effective use of capital is not one of them.

This is my problem with indescrinately bashing MLS.

Yes, it's low hanging fruit and an easy target for cheap laugh but come on man, I know you're a little bit cognizant of where MLS has come from, and it's operations as a business.

A lot of things MLS can be criticized for, business operations and effective use of capital is not one of them.
I agree the league has been very well run, especially financially. I can't remember if it was posted in here or I saw it somewhere else, but the history of the league and moderating growth to ensure they don't go bankrupt is extremely impressive. I'm not trying to bash the league, but Garber has been funny with the salary cap and I don't think having an influx of 400M a year would help things. Hence they wouldn't know what to do with it. My comment before does seem snarky and dismissive of the league. Lemme rephrase: the MLS leadership would have all this money and nowhere to put it. Let's keep growth slow and steady, not overpay aging stars in hopes of inorganic growth.

The salary cap needs to go ASAP, at least in my opinion. It's fine when your league is the NBA, the best and richest league in the world (and therefore is able to attract the most talent), but I don't see how the MLS can ever compete with leagues that pay their top talent much more.

It doesn't even have to be a "big 5" league. If I'm an up and coming talent, what incentive do I have to join an MLS team compared to one in the other top 21 paid leagues in the world? I'd much rather join an inferior league while earning more and living overseas, instead of playing for some middle of nowhere team like "Real" Salt Lake. Hell, I'd take a pay cut to play in the J/K League instead of being stuck in a non major metro area MLS team.

lvgtcrasc6yrdxiuqtxx.jpg

also, the guy who leaked the article also co-owns NASL's Miami FC. I get his frustration knowing the team will never get promoted to the MLS

Anyone know if the Chinese Super League have pro/reg?

The salary cap needs to go ASAP, at least in my opinion. It's fine when your league is the NBA, the best and richest league in the world (and therefore is able to attract the most talent), but I don't see how the MLS can ever compete with leagues that pay their top talent much more.

It doesn't even have to be a "big 5" league. If I'm an up and coming talent, what incentive do I have to join an MLS team compared to one in the other top 21 paid leagues in the world? I'd much rather join an inferior league while earning more and living overseas, instead of playing for some middle of nowhere team like "Real" Salt Lake. Hell, I'd take a pay cut to play in the J/K League instead of being stuck in a non major metro area MLS team.

lvgtcrasc6yrdxiuqtxx.jpg
Didn't know MLS was that low on the ranking. Even our league is surprisingly #16 on that list.

lvgtcrasc6yrdxiuqtxx.jpg
I wonder what the ramifications for the stability of the league would be if the salary cap was pulled from right under the league over night.

Majority fans agree the salary cap needs to loosen up or expand a bit.

I just imagine MLS puffing out their chests a bit and removing the salary cap, bidding wars ensue for middle of the road talent, and within 3 years there is no more MLS :lol: :lol:

Then again this may be a good thing since America and that Orange headed orangutan don't deserve the beautiful game anyways.

The salary cap is so indoctrinated in your mind that these greedy sports owners have convinced you that the sport wouldn't survive without it.

It would survive, it'd just put a bigger strain on their pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom