This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you Bayern, I was hoping goretzka would actually end up at Arsenal. Dudes nice

DFnzN8xUQAA3kmx.jpg

DFnzN8-UMAAcxUA.jpg

DFnzN80VoAAhuEG.jpg

Was gonna ask about this guy earlier, should/have I heard of him before?

Nah man not at all. He only popped up on my radar because I was following EPB in the Portuguese Segunda Liga the first half of last season. It's really a pretty interesting, long, ****** up story.

Basically Keaton Parks is a kid from Texas, he was scouted and signed by Varzim a small 2nd dv Liga club and immediately rose from their U17's, to their reserve team, to their first team making his debut last September. Dude just exploded onto the scene. First he started playing, then he started starting, then he started scoring and assisting.

Then things suddenly went south. Basically he drew a lot of attention and other Portuguese teams wanted him. Varzim is a tiny club and were ready to cash out last January window. Benfica wanted him and they agreed on terms with Keaton's agent. Meanwhile Varzim sold him without consulting with Keaton or his agent to first place and champions to be Portimonense who are now in the first division.

Keaton denied Portimonense's contract and Varzim in a spiteful move of typical Iberian Coast sports ******* froze him out. They refused to sell him to Benfica and they froze him out of the team, refusing to let him train or even on onto the grounds. Some where along the lines someone had said **** you between Keaton's agent and the Varzim President.

Keaton's agent took Varzim to Portuguese court back in February, news broke that he won the case in April and was thus free to sign a contract with any club he wanted on July 1. That was the last I had heard so this is great news, like things actually worked out as well as they could have once Varzim started acting out.

In short nah man, I don't think very many people have heard of him. Just know he's a 6'4" CM with technique and intuitive know how. Dude just has it. He's so raw, but he was dominant in the Portuguese 2nd division almost immediately after turning pro and his potential is massive.

The fact that Benfica signed him to a four year contract speaks volumes. Shows a ton of faith in his long term development potential.

Nah man not at all. He only popped up on my radar because I was following EPB in the Portuguese Segunda Liga the first half of last season. It's really a pretty interesting, long, ****ed up story.

Basically Keaton Parks is a kid from Texas, he was scouted and signed by Varzim a small 2nd dv Liga club and immediately rose from their U17's, to their reserve team, to their first team making his debut last September. Dude just exploded onto the scene. First he started playing, then he started starting, then he started scoring and assisting.

Then things suddenly went south. Basically he drew a lot of attention and other Portuguese teams wanted him. Varzim is a tiny club and were ready to cash out last January window. Benfica wanted him and they agreed on terms with Keaton's agent. Meanwhile Varzim sold him without consulting with Keaton or his agent to first place and champions to be Portimonense who are now in the first division.

Keaton denied Portimonense's contract and Varzim in a spiteful move of typical Iberian Coast sports ****ery froze him out. They refused to sell him to Benfica and they froze him out of the team, refusing to let him train or even on onto the grounds. Some where along the lines someone had said **** you between Keaton's agent and the Varzim President.

Keaton's agent took Varzim to Portuguese court back in February, news broke that he won the case in April and was thus free to sign a contract with any club he wanted on July 1. That was the last I had heard so this is great news, like things actually worked out as well as they could have once Varzim started acting out.

In short nah man, I don't think very many people have heard of him. Just know he's a 6'4" CM with technique and intuitive know how. Dude just has it. He's so raw, but he was dominant in the Portuguese 2nd division almost immediately after turning pro and his potential is massive.

The fact that Benfica signed him to a four year contract speaks volumes. Shows a ton of faith in his long term development potential.
I feel like I've heard the name here or there in a blurb in one of the US abroad-type websites I check out pretty regularly. How has he not had a shot in the US youth setup yet?

I feel like I've heard the name here or there in a blurb in one of the US abroad-type websites I check out pretty regularly. How has he not had a shot in the US youth setup yet?

I'm pretty sure I've seen mastamind89 mastamind89 post about him before.

His resume as a Varzim youth wasn't really impressive enough to warrant a call over other guys in 2014/15, by the time he established himself as a starter at the pro level last November it was always going to be a tough shot to break in so late in the cycle.

If Tab Ramos wasn't such a bizarre dude in terms of talent evaluation and roster selection he may have been called in for the camp leading up to the U20 Championships last January but if we're being real Tab probably still don't know who he is. He wasn't playing football mid January to now so he just didn't really have a shot.

Wait, Coutinho to Barca? For real?

Nah man. Barca is making this bid to convince Neymar to stay.

If they show some type of effort to make the signing he wants, they're in hopes he'll stay. Even if they don't land him.

This Coutinho thing is getting serious, Barça and RM always land their man. Especially if that man is Latin.

I'd bet the odds are higher for Coutinho leaving to Barça than Neymar to PSG.

Tom and 305 are going to be TIGHTTT, Barça stay poaching their squad and leaving them 3 steps behind after Pool make 2 steps forward.

Ah I see

Makes sense, prime

I hope Coutinho stays in Liverpool. I want to see him doing his Little Magician thing under Klopp in the UCL

Where was this urgency from Barca before Neymar started flirting with P$G?

Real have been stocking up for the future while they've been pretty idle up until the Neymar exit talks spread

This Coutinho thing is getting serious, Barça and RM always land their man. Especially if that man is Latin.

I'd bet the odds are higher for Coutinho leaving to Barça than Neymar to PSG.

Tom and 305 are going to be TIGHTTT, Barça stay poaching their squad and leaving them 3 steps behind after Pool make 2 steps forward.

We're not selling Coutinho. We have no obligation to do so, and we're not going to let him leave this late in the summer. He can personally agree to terms all he wants, if Liverpool doesn't want to sell him then he's staying.

The Suarez situation was different, we had already kept him at Liverpool for one year longer than he wanted to stay, and he was fresh off another biting incident in the World Cup. 80m was a great price at the time, so we let him go.

Ah I see

Makes sense, prime

I hope Coutinho stays in Liverpool. I want to see him doing his Little Magician thing under Klopp in the UCL

He's not leaving, don't worry. We just signed him to a new contract and have no obligation to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom