This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word, probably, as in an over 50% chance?

It's the same story every preseason in here since Sir Alex left, and then the same one plays out during the season :lol:

I would say 40% chance of a deep run. Of course the chances increase if we knock off any of the top 5 teams in UEFA (RM, BM, Barca, Juve and Atleti)

Still remains to be seen though

Speaking of which I really hope this doesn't inflate the price tag on M'bappe now. That was a concern of mine a few weeks ago if RM didn't wrap up a deal before PSG did.

I think Neymar's record breaking fee won't be broken for some time. 222 mil is a lot and yea the prices are going up now but it will eventually platateu and not many clubs can afford that and even ones that could afford higher than 222 would usually be hesitant to make that move

I think Neymar's record breaking fee won't be broken for some time. 222 mil is a lot and yea the prices are going up now but it will eventually platateu and not many clubs can afford that and even ones that could afford higher than 222 would usually be hesitant to make that move

I disagree. Mbappe's next to break that transfer record when it's his time to move on.

That's if Mbappe can live up to the hype and expectations which is possible but there is still a chance he doesn't reach that high level

I remember writing essays on why I think the Neymar move will happen when that first rumor came out and dudes were brushing it off saying I'm believing in silly season rumors :lol:

Not surprised it went through but it's still fascinating, >double the previous record. And still sets a potentially bad precedent for the power of oil money that can cause a shift in the financial dynamic of footy in the long-term future.

I definitely didn't want to believe the hype when he rumors first came out. He finessed PSG last summer if I remember correctly. Plus, PSG isn't a historically big club and league 1 catches a lot of shade since it's on the border of big leagues. So something like this had to happen with brute force.

PSG definitely made themselves a target with this situation tho. Transfer market is definitely screwed. But since it was a release clause there's nothing much you can do about the fee

I do want to see them try and lure more French talent in the future though. I'd like to see them go after Laporte. Shame guys like Mbappe and Lacazette aren't realistic targets anymore. Maybe Dembele in a few years if nobody snatches him up soon.

Bakayoko would have been the perfect replacement for Matuidi.

If you think it's just "financially bullying" that draws players to RM and Barca you've got it confused. i.e. Bale turning down more money from MU, if the rumors are correct M'bappe willing to earn a lot less than what PSG is offering at RM.

Never said it was just financially bullying, but it's a part of it

When's the last time RM sold a player in their prime? If M'bappe goes to RM I expect him to stay there for a very long time. Especially with the young talent RM has already that they'll only add to.

Wonder how worried Liverpool fans are now :lol:

Although their club has shown they're willing to hold a player hostage for a season in the past.

I hope klopp doesn't sell. I hope coutinho stays a red. Liverpool got something good going. I'm excited to see what their attack can do next season. If they could just make 2 signings in the back they'll be on.

I want to see Barca go after Dybala.

Also

Douglas.Costa.Juve.eccomi.750x450.jpeg

adidas hit he nail on the head with this joint. I hope he mixes everyone next season

:lol: I said its a nightmare scenario though. Its been reported in Spain since the Neymar saga kicked into gear that apparently dude hit up Pep about a move last year when his tax troubles were in the news

With 222M, we can snatch a lot of good players and make the team stronger. Everyone now knows we have the money, so we will have to pay a premium for anyone we go after. I'm more worried about what the Board is going to do with all that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom