This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now let me take a moment to dream of the maximum potential of a Dembele, M'bappe, Vinicius Jr. front 3 with Asensio and Kovacic feeding them...

I really wish Rol didn't post that rumor man, got me too hype now because I can see it making sense. I've already been glued to transfer rumors over the thought of Neymar leaving Barca and M'bappe joining RM.

But now immediately after finding out Barca's number 1 target is Dembele, to read that RM could potentially push for him. And we all know by now I've never been high on Bale in RM so this would also mean his exit. Can't forget acquiring Theo Hernandez who I was high on, and Ceballos who was the U-21 player of the tourney. An entire summer of winning in every way possible, immediately after back-to-back CLs. Nah son don't play with my feels like dis.

You keep saying Dembele doesnt have the Barca DNA/wont fit but was Gomes and Turan better fits? Dembele has aspects of playing team footy while also having Neymar like qualities of taking on defenders. Im sure Neymar didnt have the Barca DNA until he had to play with Messi for a year.

Dembele has twice as many assists (13) as he does goals (6) If he's groomed right he can develop the Barca play style. Hes young, fast, has an eye for the final ball and can play football. Its not likes hes a one trick pony playing in a specific system or role. Kid is nice and have many desirable skills any team would want.

The Barca DNA thing is a joke but I absolutely believe in player profiles and how they fit within systems. I watched Dembele every week last season and to my eye, his playing identity doesn't fit organically within FC Barcelona's philosophy.

I know you didn't say it, but just because BVB and FCB both play attractive attacking football and employ world class technicians doesn't mean the systems are at all similar.

Dembele is at his best when the opponents defensive structure is distorted and primed for exploitation on the counter, and he is surrounded by players who are as athletic and as direct without the ball as he is with it.

He thrives when his own team's attacking structure is loosely defined and he's free to find open space anywhere on the field, ideally in transition with less opposition defenders back, and an additional forward further up ahead of him who is physically capable of running with him.

BVB's system of play was perfect for him under Tuchel. Tuchel allowed Dembele specifically endless positional freedom, and the team's primary strategy was to counter press to win possession, transition quickly with a vertical pass to Auba/Dembele/Reus/Pulisic, then get additional runners forward to support and do it fast. BVB's tactical approach and inability to defend led to wide open games where Dembele has the luxury of picking the ball up in entire swimming pools of space, where he's deadly/

FCB on the other hand practice a model positional play system where structure and clear orchestration in attack are everything. In terms of opposition they are going to face a low block with +10 players behind the ball as they dominate possession 90% of the time, largely eliminating the phases and spaces of the game where Dembele operates best.

I'm not saying that Dembele can't operate in that structure but it certainly doesn't suit his natural style. Then when you compare him to other potential 100M transfer targets, a dribbling, attacking, playmaker like Coutniho would be a much more suitable buy imo, he's much more comfortable and efficient in tight spaces closer to goal.

To be critical of Dembele, he is inefficient and can be wasteful. His vision and decision making are still developing, he could have put up 20 and 30 last season, he's that productive at creating chances but that inefficient at finalizing them.

Dembele needs to continue to develop, needs an environment that Barcelona or Real can't provide, an environment that will allow him to continue to grow into the 20/20 goals/assist, future Ballon d'Or winner he has the potential to become.

Spannish fans aren't going to be trying to hear "oh he's developing, when he's missed Messi and Suarez for a wide open chance the 5th time that game - even if scores and assist that day.

Going around that Barca will get 222m + Di Maria. If Dybala comes through, that Argentina squad might be clicking nicely in Russia :nerd:

I don't want Bale at United. I'll take Perisic and call it a day.

Honestly, I like Bale. But he's so injury prone, I don't see him playing the entire season. But like jape jape said, we need something more......at least another top winger to challenge for the league or even make a deep run in CL

Yeah Real Madrid have been making the moves silently. No big name guys but players that will work for that starting 11 and eventually be the stars. Even if they dont pan out RM will always be ready to sign a WC player that can fill in their needs without initially investing too much. Thats one thing I admire about RM recently.

Still not buying that RM realistically goes after Dembele if they secure Mbappe, either move means Bale is out, you still have Asensio & Isco who warrant heavy minutes

Supposedly you guys met with his people last week,who knows though. It could be an elaborate ploy to increase dudes fee for Barca :lol:

Bale says he's happy atm but I don't how long that'll last with the talent Real is stocking up on...

The Barca DNA thing is a joke but I absolutely believe in player profiles and how they fit within systems. I watched Dembele every week last season and to my eye, his playing identity doesn't fit organically within FC Barcelona's philosophy.

I know you didn't say it, but just because BVB and FCB both play attractive attacking football and employ world class technicians doesn't mean the systems are at all similar.

Dembele is at his best when the opponents defensive structure is distorted and primed for exploitation on the counter, and he is surrounded by players who are as athletic and as direct without the ball as he is with it.

He thrives when his own team's attacking structure is loosely defined and he's free to find open space anywhere on the field, ideally in transition with less opposition defenders back, and an additional forward further up ahead of him who is physically capable of running with him.

BVB's system of play was perfect for him under Tuchel. Tuchel allowed Dembele specifically endless positional freedom, and the team's primary strategy was to counter press to win possession, transition quickly with a vertical pass to Auba/Dembele/Reus/Pulisic, then get additional runners forward to support and do it fast. BVB's tactical approach and inability to defend led to wide open games where Dembele has the luxury of picking the ball up in entire swimming pools of space, where he's deadly/

FCB on the other hand practice a model positional play system where structure and clear orchestration in attack are everything. In terms of opposition they are going to face a low block with +10 players behind the ball as they dominate possession 90% of the time, largely eliminating the phases and spaces of the game where Dembele operates best.

I'm not saying that Dembele can't operate in that structure but it certainly doesn't suit his natural style. Then when you compare him to other potential 100M transfer targets, a dribbling, attacking, playmaker like Coutniho would be a much more suitable buy imo, he's much more comfortable and efficient in tight spaces closer to goal.

To be critical of Dembele, he is inefficient and can be wasteful. His vision and decision making are still developing, he could have put up 20 and 30 last season, he's that productive at creating chances but that inefficient at finalizing them.

Dembele needs to continue to develop, needs an environment that Barcelona or Real can't provide, an environment that will allow him to continue to grow into the 20/20 goals/assist, future Ballon d'Or winner he has the potential to become.

Spannish fans aren't going to be trying to hear "oh he's developing, when he's missed Messi and Suarez for a wide open chance the 5th time that game - even if scores and assist that day.
I do agree with you when you break it down to the countering free flowing style of BVB and Barca when they keep the possession and the differences, but having a Dembele on your team adds another dynamic.

Isnt that essentially what Neymar first brought to Barca tho? He wasnt quite developed with his final passes but his intent was there. He can add pace and threat to the right side (or left). Im not saying Dembele will be another succesful Neymar import but he can. Neymar was hyped while playing in the Brazilian A league while Dembele has proven a bit more in the Bundesliga. I can see your reasoning into why he wont be an ideal fit in the tiki taka play style, but you gotta outweigh that with his potential. They will still have a TON of money leftover too.

Dybala and Coutinho ain't going anywhere, stop dreaming.

IMG_8048.GIF

Next year, if anything, not this year.

I do agree with you when you break it down to the countering free flowing style of BVB and Barca when they keep the possession and the differences, but having a Dembele on your team adds another dynamic.

Isnt that essentially what Neymar first brought to Barca tho? He wasnt quite developed with his final passes but his intent was there. He can add pace and threat to the right side (or left). Im not saying Dembele will be another succesful Neymar import but he can. Neymar was hyped while playing in the Brazilian A league while Dembele has proven a bit more in the Bundesliga. I can see your reasoning into why he wont be an ideal fit in the tiki taka play style, but you gotta outweigh that with his potential. They will still have a TON of money leftover too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say Dembele wouldn't add value, I just don't view him as a natural fit at the Camp Nou. As a fan I'd certainly rather see Dembele suit up than any potential Neymar replacement already within the club but if we admit that Dembele is gonna go for +100M, I'm not entirely sure that's the right move especially when we've heard more substantial noise over desires to sign guys like Verratti, Coutinho, Dybala, etc.

More important than anything else I also think a move to a mega club would be bad for Dembele's development right now. I didn't have access to La Liga games back in 2013/14 so I can't recall Neymar's integration but I'm still skeptical that a club like BVB isn't better for Dembele right now.

They better not get Mbappé away from Monaco this soon already. Especially if he's not gonna start pretty much every game. Monaco is perfect for a season of further development. Same with Dembélé at Dortmund. Would like to see both of those amazing talents remain there for the next season instead of making the move to a big club for a huge fee already.

Going around that Barca will get 222m + Di Maria. If Dybala comes through, that Argentina squad might be clicking nicely in Russia :nerd:

The main reason I want Dybala at Barça is so he builds chemistry with Messi for the WC.

Gonna stay up to watch this MLS All Stars vs. Real Madrid match. :smokin
Never watched the MLS before tbh so I don't know much about the league or the players on the All Stars roster.

Gonna stay up to watch this MLS All Stars vs. Real Madrid match. :smokin
Never watched the MLS before tbh so I don't know much about the league or the players on the All Stars roster.

Look out for Almiron, Garza and Parkhurst :emoji_eyes:

They better not get Mbappé away from Monaco this soon already. Especially if he's not gonna start pretty much every game. Monaco is perfect for a season of further development. Same with Dembélé at Dortmund. Would like to see both of those amazing talents remain there for the next season instead of making the move to a big club for a huge fee already.

Definitely agree with all of this. I feel Mbappe is more ready for to be on a top club more than dembele tho.

Both still need development

30 for 30 George best doc is damn good, if you haven't watched yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom