This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn man you're up already?!

Bro how CCV look earlier today? I was watching the United match.
Looked fine.

TBH there was very little for him/or any of our backline to deal with :lol: so this game was probably not much of an indicator for where he's at, at a higher level. He was up on an early corner and had a decent header that was just off the mark

Our other young guns looked solid tho, Tom Carroll/Onomah/Marcus Messi Edwards

Any word on Kompany injury? Is he ok?

Leo...take some time get fit

How is iniesta still that good at his age :smh: i wish i could play at 1/5th his skill level dude is magic

Was at the dentist yesterday so I couldn't post.

Not sure if I should be disappointed by the draw yesterday but I'm glad the Yellow Subs held Los Blancos at bay. :rolleyes

The Blaugrana played an amazing game in the first half. Rakitic & Don Iniesta had superb games.

Sergi Roberto put in a great shift at right back yet again. I honestly don't think the club needs to go after Bellerin. He's done a remarkable job with his core defensive duties & he's great going forward on the right flank.

Still very early in the campaign so not worries.

Kudos to Cholo & his side though. People complain about his defensive tactics & how boring they think it is but I find beauty in the way he gets his team harassing the ball at every turn. His motives are almost lways carried out; deny space, press the ball hard, & get under the skin of the opponent.

That's entertaining to me... :rolleyes

Edit - isis banned citizens from wearing not only Nike & adidas wear, but also football shirts from Mau U, City, Chelsea, Barca, Madrid, & AC Milan. Those found guilty of wearing this stuff will receive 80 lashes to the face. :lol: :smh:

View media item 2174621

Last edited:
Games like yesterday really highlight how important adm was to Madrid. Ronnie is a CF nowadays and he can't beat a man anymore. Bale is either putting in a weak cross with his right foot or a slightly better one with his left. Nobody is taking on defenders which leads to cross cross cross or pass pass pass shoot in front of a wall of defenders. Too bad Pogba wanted to come back home.

Ramos is a parody of his 2010 self.

Ok performance from us, liked the urgency we played with. Thinking we'll see Rooney on the bench for Saturday. Hopefully Jose doesn't have us sitting back at home, want to see us impose our will on Leicester.

if rooney starts this weekend then the clause in his contract is a real thing.  

Games like yesterday really highlight how important adm was to Madrid. Ronnie is a CF nowadays and he can't beat a man anymore. Bale is either putting in a weak cross with his right foot or a slightly better one with his left. Nobody is taking on defenders which leads to cross cross cross or pass pass pass shoot in front of a wall of defenders. Too bad Pogba wanted to come back home.

Ramos is a parody of his 2010 self.

Ok performance from us, liked the urgency we played with. Thinking we'll see Rooney on the bench for Saturday. Hopefully Jose doesn't have us sitting back at home, want to see us impose our will on Leicester.
bruh whose mans is you?

half the team is banged up/recovering including Ronaldo and they drew with a team that finished 4th last season, concluding a historical run of consecutive wins.

Ramos has always made boneheaded plays, but it can be easily argued he makes less of them now than he did back then when he was common to see him get sent off in big matches.

Bale is one of the best crossers of the ball when he whips it with his left.

Last edited:
fifa 17 up on ea access, i lost my first seasons game, but its not shocking, if you guys DL DO NOT start it up when it says ready to start, i now have two less hours cause i did it to see what it would do and it took away from my times while downloading

How does EA access work? Do I pay the subscription and get to play whatever EA games I want? Or is it just early gameplay until they release and then I have to pay for them?

It's kinda trash. You can just download ea games for a little cheaper. And you get 10 hours of gameplay on a game before you buy it. Pretty sure that's it..I signed up for a year and I wish I didn't :lol:

Last edited:
FIFA doing player faces dirty this year.

Khedira with his long *** hair still even though you can see in the Juve FIFA trailer he got his face all scanned too.

Lazy *** money grabbers.

fifa 17 up on ea access, i lost my first seasons game, but its not shocking, if you guys DL DO NOT start it up when it says ready to start, i now have two less hours cause i did it to see what it would do and it took away from my times while downloading

How does EA access work? Do I pay the subscription and get to play whatever EA games I want? Or is it just early gameplay until they release and then I have to pay for them?

It's kinda trash. You can just download ea games for a little cheaper. And you get 10 hours of gameplay on a game before you buy it. Pretty sure that's it..I signed up for a year and I wish I didn't :lol:

Well, I guess I'll just wait and buy the game then :lol:

bruh whose mans is you?

half the team is banged up/recovering including Ronaldo and they drew with a team that finished 4th last season, concluding a historical run of consecutive wins.

Ramos has always made boneheaded plays, but it can be easily argued he makes less of them now than he did back then when he was common to see him get sent off in big matches.

Bale is one of the best crossers of the ball when he whips it with his left.

Not so fun when it's your team being critiqued, eh? Never said Villarreal were **** so don't know why you brought their form up. Madrid couldn't break down a competent defense, they would have had a better chance of getting all tree points if they had someone that successfully took players on. Do you disagree or did you just feel like replying back? You're lying to yourself if you think the reason why Ronaldo couldn't get past his markers is because of injuries. For the most part, he doesn't even try to take defenders on anymore, he just passes and makes runs into the box. The less said about Bale's close control and dribbling the better. So as I said, it was either crosses from Bale or shots into a yellow wall.

Yes Ramos doesn't get sent off as much but his positional awareness is worse than it used to be.

Last edited:
for the month ea access is worth it IMO, $5 10 hours of play and i dont have to wait to download the game when it comes out

Casemiro out for two months with a leg fracture, interesting how to see how Zizou navigates this

Last edited:
Richest African Dangote Plans to Buy Arsenal in Four Years

Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest man, plans to buy London-based Arsenal soccer team within four years.
Dangote, a Nigerian worth $10.9 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, announced his intention to buy the club last year. He said he needs to wait for his business prospects to improve and his investments in gas pipelines and an oil refinery to play out before making the acquisition.
“There’s no doubt” he’ll buy Arsenal and “it’s not a problem” of money, Dangote said in an interview with Bloomberg Television in New York on Wednesday. “Maybe three to four years. The issue is that we have more challenging headwinds. I need to get those out the way first and start having tailwinds. Then I’ll focus on this.”
Dangote, an Arsenal fan, has lost $4.4 billion this year, the fourth most of anyone globally, due mainly to the depreciation of Nigeria’s currency, the billionaires index shows. The bulk of his wealth is tied up in Lagos-based Dangote Cement Plc, whose stock is down 4.7 percent this year. An acquisition of the team would make him the first African owner of a team in England’s Premier League.
“It’s not about buying Arsenal and just continuing with business as usual,” he said. “It’s about buying Arsenal and turning it around. I’ve run a very successful business and I think I can also run a very successful team. Right now, with what we’re facing, over $20 billion of projects, I cannot do both.”
While Arsenal has won 13 top flight league titles in England, making it one of the country’s most successful sides, it’s last was in 2004.
Arsenal Holdings Plc, the owner, trades on the ICAP Securities & Derivatives Exchange, or ISDX, and has a market capitalization of 1 billion pounds ($1.3 billion).
Stan Kroenke, worth $7 billion and owner of the National Basketball Association’s Denver Nuggets, holds 67 percent of Arsenal Holdings, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
Most English Premier League matches are broadcast live in Nigeria, Africa’s most populous country, by Supersport, a satellite television channel owned by South Africa’s Naspers Ltd.

Casemiro out for two months with a leg fracture, interesting how to see how Zizou navigates this
damn when did this happen?

casemiro would have been big against dortmund cause their attack has been amazing as of late

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom