This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martial didn't even get on before y'all left him in the dirt and jumped on the Rashford bandwagon

Must be that English hype

Last edited:
Wth are you even complaining about? :lol: :lol:

No one's forgotten Tony,just that he hasn't scored since May...

Last edited:
^^^ I'm considering getting FM this year, it seems like it would be up my alley, I like youth development and I'm starting to read up more on tactical plans managers employ. Anyone in here played it and can tell me what it's like and how similar it is to say, FIFA career mode?

bruh whose mans is you?

half the team is banged up/recovering including Ronaldo and they drew with a team that finished 4th last season, concluding a historical run of consecutive wins.

Ramos has always made boneheaded plays, but it can be easily argued he makes less of them now than he did back then when he was common to see him get sent off in big matches.

Bale is one of the best crossers of the ball when he whips it with his left.

Not so fun when it's your team being critiqued, eh? Never said Villarreal were **** so don't know why you brought their form up. Madrid couldn't break down a competent defense, they would have had a better chance of getting all tree points if they had someone that successfully took players on. Do you disagree or did you just feel like replying back? You're lying to yourself if you think the reason why Ronaldo couldn't get past his markers is because of injuries. For the most part, he doesn't even try to take defenders on anymore, he just passes and makes runs into the box. The less said about Bale's close control and dribbling the better. So as I said, it was either crosses from Bale or shots into a yellow wall.

Yes Ramos doesn't get sent off as much but his positional awareness is worse than it used to be.

My reply clearly pinpointed things I disagreed on though, i.e. insinuating Bale is a poor crosser of the ball and blatantly saying Ramos is a shell of himself. Both of these statement are false. So if by your criteria an empty reply is one without disagreements, then mine don't qualify.

You're also insinuating I don't like criticism of RM (whilst in your feels because I justifiably criticize United and compare them to City,) but I'm always one of their biggest critics. I even mentioned their excessive crossing yesterday. That and other stuff you said are obvious, and/or old news. i.e. Ronnie isn't a prolific winger anymore, selling ADM because he was ugly, etc. which is why I ignored it. It's like if someone says the sky is blue or Pulisic is the goat. There's no need to comment further.

Last edited:
Do it United. Zlatan, Pogba, Bolt. ZPB>>> MSN or BBC :nerd:

Let’s face it, there really isn’t anything else for Usain Bolt to accomplish on the track. He’s won gold medals in all three events he has entered in all three Olympics he has participated in, sweeping the 100 meters, 200 meters and 4×100 meter relay sprints since the Beijing Games.

The Jamaican has broken world records, he’s rekindled his sport and he has transcended athletics in a way few have.

At 30, he has already announced that he will retire after the 2017 World Championships in London, which end a few days before his 31st birthday. But he says he’d quit right now for the chance to play soccer for his beloved Manchester United.

Bolt reiterated as much in a Facebook Live session at Facebook Media Central in New York on Thursday. “Bro,” he began, when asked about his soccer ambitions, “listen to me.”

We’re listening, Usain!

“If I had the chance to play for Manchester United, I would go right now,” Bolt said. “I would retire and start playing football right now. That’s how much I really want to play for Manchester United. It’s almost like a dream.”

He’s hardly the first elite athlete from another sport to have declared his wish to be a soccer player. Remember when NFL superstar Chad “Ocho Cinco” Johnson said he could play soccer and we all took him seriously for a while? His buddy Cristiano Ronaldo promised to come and watch him if he could make a professional team. Sporting Kansas City even gave him a tryout during the 2011 NFL lockout.

Ocho Cinco turned out to be so bad that he’d be unremarkable even in most semi-serious over-30 leagues.

Bolt, however, has always been a special athlete. So let’s examine some evidence of his soccering abilities.

Bolt appears to be a semi-competent juggler of the ball.

Last edited:
^^^ I'm considering getting FM this year, it seems like it would be up my alley, I like youth development and I'm starting to read up more on tactical plans managers employ. Anyone in here played it and can tell me what it's like and how similar it is to say, FIFA career mode?

I love football manager. It's on another level in comparison to FIFA. Transfer market, player relationships, board expectations, managing matchups per game. It's the closest thing you can get to actually putting together a team and running a Sunday league.

A lot of real players and managers play FM. I'm actually looking forward to the new FM much more than FIFA17. There's just no control over players during matches which can be frustrating when the games take a bad turn in comparison to FIFA where it's all on you to score.

I would suggest getting FM16 while it's on sale and playing it for the next 2 months before deciding whether you want to get 17. With as deep as the game engine is, you can just download new rosters and update the kits/teams and you'll pretty much have 2017 everything on FM16

I play on both my Mac and iPad. It's really worth giving a shot

^^^ Repped. I might just buy 16 over the weekend then since I'll finally have a decent amount of free time. The non-playing aspect admittedly doesn't sound appealing to me, but unearthing hidden gems and developing then thru training intrigues me. I have to figure out what team(s) I want to use, I may start off with Arsenal, or start with some league 2 squad. Can you change teams throughout your career?

^^^ Repped. I might just buy 16 over the weekend then since I'll finally have a decent amount of free time. The non-playing aspect admittedly doesn't sound appealing to me, but unearthing hidden gems and developing then thru training intrigues me. I have to figure out what team(s) I want to use, I may start off with Arsenal, or start with some league 2 squad. Can you change teams throughout your career?

Yeah, you can resign or get sacked. I've seen a lot of people manage small clubs and move them up to higher leagues. I've managed Arsenal, Chelsea, PSG and Man U and the big clubs get kind of boring after a while with the bigger budgets.

I might go small club when the new one comes out. You can always create a club also

As great as that would be if he actually said that, apparently the author behind that has a history of embellishing stories, so who actually knows if Mou said that. But hey, let's not let the (probable) truth get in the way of a good story.

Mou not about that life
VelvetyLivelyClumber-size_restricted.gif

So far Wenger has been the only one to put hands on Mou in that contest, Mou knows damn well that tall French **** has him shook

You can't control individual players, but you can instruct their style of play like possession vs going route 1, zonal marking vs man to man. A lot of mid game tactical adjustments.

I bet Wenger is a savate master & would have Jose hemmed up hella quick. He'd deliver a swift kick to Jose's chest & get up with Wenger's big foot print a la Game of Death.

Last edited:

RIP to all of your spare time.

I didn't even bother starting that game. My boy has been playing it for years, he says it's the most time consuming game you'll ever come across. You'll ALWAYS want to play, and will spend hours at a time.

i got money on wenger  

but that mourinho eye gouging tactic could prove to be the deciding factor

klopp would probably fold everyone in the PL though

Last edited:
It would be a terrible fight: Wenger would spend $0 on fight preparations in order to provide a better fight, and any of the punches/kicks he would end up throwing at his opponent, Mourinho would just attempt to dodge them, with an occasional attempt at a lucky punch every now and then. In the end, it would probably just end in a punchless draw.

It would be a terrible fight: Wenger would spend $0 on fight preparations in order to provide a better fight, and any of the punches/kicks he would end up throwing at his opponent, Mourinho would just attempt to dodge them, with an occasional attempt at a lucky punch every now and then. In the end, it would probably just end in a punchless draw.

But Jose doesn't lose at the emirates.

Jose will get enough hits in until the 3rd round and then Floyd his way out of the rest of the fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom