This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super random,wouldn't have taken her for a dan of English footy :lol:

So last week after Bayern had dropped that CL match

Bayern CEO K-H Rummenigge on Jérôme Boateng:

"He must calm down...It would be best for him and the club if he came back to earth a little."

Now yesterday...

http://sqwk.at/BoatengFire

Jérôme Boateng on Rummenigge telling him to calm down:

"I can only laugh about these statements. Next time he should say it to my face."

View media item 2243432

2qkjwpt.gif

Last edited:
Boateng should just come on back to City Pep will be his cut man. *wakes up from dream* 
tired.gif

I like hearing about other teams around in other leagues that don't get to watch

AC Milan have the best kits this year. Those away shirts are classy af. I might have to cop one

I don't think cavani has the juice like that though. He's been scoring great goals but his consistency against big teams is what hold him back. He should have put Arsenal away but he doesn't have that fire power against good defenses.

Last edited:
Still can't get over Boateng telling the club CEO to get at him if he has something to say :rofl: :rofl:

They're both prideful people,I'm sure this won't end nicely :lol: :nerd:

As much **** as the circus in Madrid gets, FC Hollywood is just as bad if not worse.

United is the opposite of that. Which is one of the reasons I backed Jose to return us to the top. Unlimited funds, with full control over all football matters. Has to be a dream job for someone like him.

Last edited:
@JREskilson Josh Perez, 18 years old, is on for Fiorentina. It's the debut for the U.S. teenager. Inter 3-2 Fiorentina 75'

@JREskilson Josh Perez, 18 years old, is on for Fiorentina. It's the debut for the U.S. teenager. Inter 3-2 Fiorentina 75'

One of the names I brought up a couple of weeks ago. Like I said then, 5 - 10 years ago we simply weren't developing players who slotted seamlessly into the top European academies at the rate we are now.

One of the names I brought up a couple of weeks ago. Like I said then, 5 - 10 years ago we simply weren't developing players who slotted seamlessly into the top European academies at the rate we are now.

He's been tearing it up for their youth team consistently. Glad to see that his hardwork is paying off. I hope that he will make a few more appearances throughout this season. Very true, we really made progress in that area, more and more Americans are taking their talents over to Europe.

Side bar, what's going on with Gabigol? Dude is getting no playing time. Maybe he should have spent more time in Brazil like Gabriel Jesus

Edit: @NatsAbroad Another debut may be in the works – EPB training with Porto 1st team & withheld from today's reserve match today ahead of cup match tomorrow

Last edited:
If I was as good as Boateng, I'd tell the CEO to come see me as well. He can play for whatever team he wants

If I was as good as Boateng, I'd tell the CEO to come see me as well. He can play for whatever team he wants
Facts.

Unfortunately, Coutinho is out and so is Lallana. Guys are gonna have to step it up. We will us require the defense to step it up cause we can't fight to get a goal only to give it up easily on the other end of the pitch.

Facts.

Unfortunately, Coutinho is out and so is Lallana. Guys are gonna have to step it up. We will us require the defense to step it up cause we can't fight to get a goal only to give it up easily on the other end of the pitch.

If y'all can catch a win or 2 and split points with a couple teams next month you guys will stay in the race.

Make a move or 2 in January to cover for the lost ground

Report: New York Cosmos on brink of collapse, again
By Joe Prince-WrightNov 28, 2016, 11:40 AM EST
11Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)11
Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
Click to email (Opens in new window)
The North American Soccer League (NASL) seems to be in a lot of trouble.

After losing Minnesota United to Major League Soccer and both the Tampa Bay Rowdies and Ottawa Fury to USL in the past few months, the future of the NASL has been in question with only nine teams still around for the 2017 campaign and both the Fort Lauderdale Strikers and Rayo OKC said to be having severe financial issues of their own.

[ MORE: Hazard selects title rivals ]

Couple all of that with the USL’s progress and it filing for Division Two status for the 2017 season, and everything is beginning to stack up against the NASL just five years into its second coming as a soccer league.

The latest news that the NASL champs in three of the last four seasons — also the team which has the largest payroll and the biggest brand — have now had payroll problems and have yet to make season ticket sales available for next season unfortunately comes as no surprise.

Dave Martinez over at Empire Soccer has the report, which also states that an NASL meeting will take place with the Board of Governors on Tuesday to discuss the future of the league. That doesn’t sound good.

Here’s the latest on the Cosmos:

After another cataclysmic year at the gate, it stands to reason that the club could be looking at a bare-bones operation for 2017. Still, it is impossible to ignore the facts. The team hasn’t taken ticket deposits for next year. The location of their 2017 home venue, still believed to be MCU Park, remains a mystery. Players are being shopped for transfer. Payroll isn’t being met. Staff are being furloughed.

Does that sound like a team that is gearing up for the New Year? The NASL is conducting a Board of Governors meeting this Tuesday to address the future of the league. And for the first time since its reincarnation, one can only guess if the Cosmos will be a part of that future.

Simply put, it was tough to see the Comos’ business model being successful.

They’ve had big names, presumably on big wages, in recent years with Raul and Marcos Senna trying to help raise the profile of the club but attendance figures continued to dip below the league average (which was 5,912 in 2015) and with no big TV deals and Major League Soccer the main focus for commercial and marketing opportunities in North American soccer, the NASL’s status as a second-tier league meant many of its clubs have had to battle away just to make ends meet.

With the NASL trying to force its way as a first-tier league running alongside MLS for many years, it now seems like the league which originally flourished in North America from 1970-85 is once again on the brink of extinction.

For the Cosmos, their strong global brand should have meant they would’ve been successful in MLS but issues behind-the-scenes meant no agreement for them to move into the top-flight of North American soccer was made and then for the 2015 season New York City FC arrived on the scene in the Big Apple, meaning MLS now had two teams in NYC and the Cosmos fell further down the pecking order in terms of relevance. There’s no doubting the Cosmos would’ve been a success in MLS but looking from the outside, the door for them to enter MLS seems well and truly shut.

Nobody involved in the U.S. soccer community wants to see a league or individual teams struggle. So many have in the past and unfortunately many will in the future.

With the Cosmos reportedly in dire straits, the reality of the struggle lower-tier teams in the U.S. and Canada are facing is now all of a sudden very real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom