This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca getting that point at la Ceramica (formerly El Madrigal, name changed today after 91 years) isn't the worst result for them, but it's clear they have big issues this season. Had a feeling this could be dropped points for them.

That Messi free kick to tie it was dope. Sansone's strike was nice.

Feel bad for Villarreal and Mussachio though. Think it was a little questionable the way Arda gave him the elbow to the back to knock him down. Maybe I saw it wrong though.

Confirmed pulled out of the posterior

I'm sure this would've been your response no matter what my response was my winged contemporary. Doubt you would've replied if I had Copa del Ray one.

I think it's an assertion that is impossible to prove either way. Which cup historically holds more weight. I haven't been watching footy long enough either to know the history of either to know if there are definitive reasons that can prove a point either way. I asked for an objective reason, and you come out with weak sauce. Claiming to know the level of how much supporters from different leagues have cared about it.

Also, you're willing to rank things in a historical context but I'm interested in your current rankings.

Last edited:
I'm sure this would've been your response no matter what my response was my winged contemporary. Doubt you would've replied if I had Copa del Ray one.
no matter who you put first it was dumb to rank anyones above the other. then you made it worse by trying to justify it with fake objectivity 
laugh.gif

are you a manchester united fan?  cause if you are this makes perfect sense

Last edited:
I think it's an assertion that is impossible to prove either way. Which cup historically holds more weight. I haven't been watching footy long enough either to know the history of either to know if there are definitive reasons that can prove a point either way. I asked for an objective reason, and you come out with weak sauce.

Also, you're willing to rank things in a historical context but I'm interested in your current rankings.

Fa cup is the oldest and has had the most upsets which adds to its mystic, Coppa has been the most competitive. Italy for the longest time was THE league to play football in.

Maybe I view Copa third historically because of Madrid's strong ties to the European cup, its all they care about.

If I had to rank them now Copa would be one based on the two best teams in the world taking part in it.

1h
Squawka Football‏ @Squawka
Juventus’ record at the home in Serie A since October 2015:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Goals: 62
Conceded: 9

26 in a row

Only 9 conceded is incredible

^ who's having the better year minus the CL? Real or Juve?

Speaking of Real

That's a crucial 5 points separating Real and Barca

I can't pick which club out of the 2 I'd rather see win the league because they are 2 amazing clubs, but these handful of la liga games I've watched have been exciting. Mostly the Barca ones because they seem to have their backs against the wall more. (At least in the league games I've watched)

La liga exciting af. I need to catch an Atletico game

Last edited:
Real because La Liga > Serie A.

Also, Real looks very convincing and playing their best while Juve looks unconvincing at times.

Last edited:
lmao i don't know how you can cheer for barca and chelsea but it must be nice. 
who did you root for when we met in the champs league?  

i legit hated that chelsea squad. 
cech > 

Barca... most of the dudes at work follow premier League though so thats why i started watching it more but back in highschool it was Laliga

Ya boy might be gone fam.

I don't think Arsenal re-ups on Wenger after this year. And if they do, we all know why they're doing it.

I don't even think a new manager would make Arsenal into the winners they can be. Unless you get someone who is better than Wenger, which there are few of available.

Pep would have been the perfect man for Arsenal.

Speaking of Real

I can't pick which club out of the 2 I'd rather see win the league because they are 2 amazing clubs, but these handful of la liga games I've watched have been exciting. Mostly the Barca ones because they seem to have their backs against the wall more. (At least in the league games I've watched)

Prime gunna be taking about Barca or RM in a month using "we"

He's going to anger the 16 year olds stuck in adult bodies that take sports too seriously. Can't wait :lol :hat

BarceLOLna losing 2pts :lol :hat
RM still havent played their rescheduled game yet so they can technically be 3pts more than what they have making it 43 with sevilla at 36 and barca at 35

Speaking of Real

Prime gunna be taking about Barca or RM in a month using "we"

He's going to anger the 16 year olds stuck in adult bodies that take sports too seriously. Can't wait :lol :hat

:rollin :hat

If Barca don't win any trophies this year is it a failure?
absolutely.

if we don't win the league it's a failure unless the champions league is won. isn't that how most of the storied clubs view their season? 

i would think so.

it's looking more and more like luis enrique is going to leave. 

another day goes by where he doesn't extend his contract. 

Last edited:
absolutely.
if we don't win the league it's a failure unless the champions league is won. isn't that how most of the storied clubs view their season? 

i would think so.

There's a couple of teams in England that are content with making the top 4 and/or winning the FA Cup 8o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom