This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah at all. You're conflating Fellaini having played as a SS in his career with him being a #10.

He's not a #10.

Fair enough, guess I'm the only one who uses 10 as a catchall term for anyone playing behind the striker.

Would you still call a striker a 9 if they often come deep to receive the ball? Or if they venture out wide?

How would you describe a 10 and a SS?

SS don't get involved with playmaking as much and bringing other players into the build up. The sit a little further back than a #9 and a little higher up than a #10. I remember being told that some people referred to them as 9 1/2. They are in the middle of two positions. When you're no scoring goals, you're creating opportunities for the main striker. The SS plays off of the main striker, their movements and etc. Bergkamp is a prime example of a SS, ironically he was a #10. He could dribble, pass, score, etc. Maybe years ago, the #10 was more of a SS than anything. Especially if you look at the 4-4-1-1 was so traditional. Nowadays I think of Rooney and even Thomas Muller playing as a SS. But otherwise, I think of the #10, a CAM who is the play maker who tries to play in whoever in the build and create opportunities. The score here and there but don't have the eye for goal as a SS does. Also, I think a modern #10 doesn't have the defensive responsibility that a SS has/had.

nerd.gif
Lemme get a #10 and RCK on the back of that pls

I will be the Fellaini of NTLA FC

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-**********-38572335

Chelsea Football Club have been given permission by the local council to build a new £500m 60,000-seat stadium.

Hammersmith and Fulham council's planning committee have backed plans to demolish the current 41,600-capacity Stamford Bridge stadium.

The plans include a walkway from the nearby District Line station.

"We are grateful that planning permission was granted for the redevelopment of our historic home," Chelsea said in a statement.

"The committee decision does not mean that work can begin on site. This is just the latest step, although a significant one, that we have to take before we can commence work, including obtaining various other permissions."

London Mayor Sadiq Khan will have the final say on whether Chelsea can build their new stadium.

C1-RF6qUsAIXXDy.jpg

-Hired a brilliant tactician manager
-60 mill pound a year from Nike
-Redesign stadium development approved

I need to attend a game at Stamford Bridge ASAP before they start processing their development

Stamford Bridge will always be Stamford Bridge to me

The new Bridge looks like a slinky :lol

So it sounds like Payet is going AWOL and is refusing to play after West Ham refused to sell him back to Marseille...

He really should've forced a move in the summer

Last edited:
Nothing will beat the experience of me watching a Champions League match at Stamford Bridge. Need to go back before the new one is built

The new Bridge looks like a slinky :lol

So it sounds like Payet is going AWOL and is refusing to play after West Ham refused to sell him back to Marseille...

He really should've forced a move in the summer

Yes, it does. I disliked it at the beginning. Now it's growing on me :lol

It's official

@Everton: #WelcomeMorgan @SchneiderlinMo4! [emoji]128309[/emoji][emoji]128309[/emoji][emoji]128309[/emoji]

View media item 2296445
@SkySportsNewsHQ: BREAKING: Morgan Schneiderlin signs for Everton on four-and-a-half-year deal for initial £20m fee rising to £24m: http://skysports.tv/cWB4od

Sucks it didn't work out but I'm sure he'll flourish under Koeman for the Toffees.

Also reports out of France say Lyon have made a bid for Memphis and are in negotiations.

Last edited:
SS don't get involved with playmaking as much and bringing other players into the build up. The sit a little further back than a #9 and a little higher up than a #10. I remember being told that some people referred to them as 9 1/2. They are in the middle of two positions. When you're no scoring goals, you're creating opportunities for the main striker. The SS plays off of the main striker, their movements and etc. Bergkamp is a prime example of a SS, ironically he was a #10. He could dribble, pass, score, etc. Maybe years ago, the #10 was more of a SS than anything. Especially if you look at the 4-4-1-1 was so traditional. Nowadays I think of Rooney and even Thomas Muller playing as a SS. But otherwise, I think of the #10, a CAM who is the play maker who tries to play in whoever in the build and create opportunities. The score here and there but don't have the eye for goal as a SS does. Also, I think a modern #10 doesn't have the defensive responsibility that a SS has/had.

Yep, 10 is the link between the midfield and the forwards. I believe it may just be an English thing. Rooney isn't called a 9.5 or SS unless the person is really into tactics. Most I know would just say 9 or 10.

Video below shows Fellaini in his best role. He's pretty much how you described a 10. Plays in his teammates and creates opportunities. Think people hear 10 and think of a certain type of player.

[\VIDEO]

‏@SquawkaNewsL: DONE DEAL: Swansea have confirmed the signing of Luciano Narsingh on a two-and-a-half-year deal from PSV for £4m.

Good bit of business,dude seems talented from the few times I've seen him play for PSV and the Oranje

Also saw that Makelele is the new assistant coach at Swansea,dude could probably still start in their MF at 40+ :lol

Couple of random graphs:

Highest paid clubs in the world in terms of wage bill:

View media item 2296455
Highest club attendance in Europe:

View media item 2296456

Last edited:
I'm 100% in for an NT kit. Really contemplating scooping two of those shirts off Nike when they have the next 20% sale, just would need to find a screenprinter.

I hope Morgan excels at Everton, I always liked his game and wish he would've gotten more of a chance as I saw him as Carrick's replacement but he must not be as good as I thought since he was unable to crack the rotation. Gonna need him to serve up Lukaku to push my fantasy team forward :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom