This is a shame....Here's a look into the worst school in NYC.

Before this turns into celebrity plight how about we all attack the government who takes our tax dollars and tells us we can't pay for schools, health benefits, food for the poor but we can build luxurious monuments, we can afford to spend millions on ******g lights, we can afford millions on tax cuts for private business...

you know badgering the government with billions at their disposal and who is SUPPOSE TO WORK FOR US would be a tad bit more effective than blaming a celebrity for not personally picking up the tab on every social ill

I think every teacher that's involved in this mess and has not try to improve the situation should do some type of Jail time.  They have robbed the youth of the most important thing in life and that's knowledge ....

If a black kid can get arrested for having a little weed for personal use and get time, these ************* should do a few years .......

SMH!

Also I just don't think parent care as much as they once did. In my parents generation, you could survive off of one income allowing a lot of help with the other parent being more involved with their kids. Nowadays you have two parents working just as hard and most just don't have the same amount of time for their kids. I know some parents that I work with and they find it a pain in the but every time there is some parent teacher conference. I mean parents are already in that aggressive mood talking about how they took vacation time to meet with their teachers. My friend that is a teacher also told me horror stories about that. He said he'd want to meet with parents and they'd just chew him out for taking time out to point out that their kid is disrupting the classroom or whatever. If this is an issue, I just can't see parents wanting to protest the school systems, which is why they just leave it that way.

just because the school is in the hood doesnt mean you have to treat the school like its in the hood :smh:

You clearly stated that celebrities should be required to use their own money to support these less than stellar schools. Just because someone CAN do something doesn't mean they should have to.

ok fine you got me word for word there. I was implicitly suggesting as a slight joke at Jay Z and the Brooklyn Nets about how much of a better cause supporting a school would be than a middling professional basketball team... I have no intentions of sparking some "rich people are bad they need to donate everything because I think so" debate. If you want to criticize me for not saying "should consider" or disagree that people should be philanthropic if they're in a position to do so, that's fine. However, since you consider my mindset disgusting on this issue, I really have nothing else to explain about the post I made.
Regardless of where the money comes from, kids education need to come first in this society.

they don't care. celebs should do more, make it public.. let the world know, see.. appreciate.

If i were in a position to help, lets say jayz / diddy money .. id cut off all government help. build from scratch, provide new books, a pay roll for teachers, subs.. kitchen staff / janitors etc.

provide ipads for students to better help children.. create a new effective curriculum nd take it from there.

EASIER SAID THAN DONE.. BUT ONLY BECAUSE I'M NOT WEALTHY !! .. screw a bugatti, gold chains..poppin bottles, tricking on strippers.. mansions and weekly trips around the world.

Do something good with your life. Where are all the good guys, money is worthless.. Let me hit it big i swear the world would see :smokin :smokin

i'm already freshhh, doing good for people.. would make me feel ultimate !!! .. a permanent high that no one can knock me down from :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: .. and thats real, i swear. :smokin

Sorry for the random koudie rant, but some of you are already familiar with my posts lol .. so do the right thing, nd rep my freshhhness !!! :smokin :smokin :smokin lol

- Much luv, Stay Freshhh !! :pimp: :pimp:

You clearly stated that celebrities should be required to use their own money to support these less than stellar schools. Just because someone CAN do something doesn't mean they should have to.

ok fine you got me word for word there. I was implicitly suggesting as a slight joke at Jay Z and the Brooklyn Nets about how much of a better cause supporting a school would be than a middling professional basketball team... I have no intentions of sparking some "rich people are bad they need to donate everything because I think so" debate. If you want to criticize me for not saying "should consider" or disagree that people should be philanthropic if they're in a position to do so, that's fine. However, since you consider my mindset disgusting on this issue, I really have nothing else to explain about the post I made.
Regardless of where the money comes from, kids education need to come first in this society.

I think the situation requires more work than just throwing money at the school.

A revamp of the system will do more good than new led's for the kids to watch the movies on.

I live about 5 minutes away from that school. The area is terrible, lots of dysfunctional families, and if the kids have to have any chance they need to remove her immediately. I'm also a physical education teacher for the NYC Dept of Education, and I know for a fact that principals are allowed to do whatever they want while teachers get the blame. Principals are untouchable and are often times downright incompetent. Teachers definitely fear retribution, especially untenured teachers, because if a principal doesn't like you they can "discontinue" you, which basically makes you ineligible to work as a teacher in public schools, and they can even go after your state license over minor incidences or stuff they make up!

Far Rock is probably the worst part of all of NYC...

One dude I worked with said that when those commercials to help children for 25 cents a day are made they go to Far Rock to film them.

:smh:

The area is kind of rough but not all of it is bad. It's a 5 minute drive from me. I used to work in the area and know people who still live there.

I live about 5 minutes away from that school. The area is terrible, lots of dysfunctional families, and if the kids have to have any chance they need to remove her immediately. I'm also a physical education teacher for the NYC Dept of Education, and I know for a fact that principals are allowed to do whatever they want while teachers get the blame. Principals are untouchable and are often times downright incompetent. Teachers definitely fear retribution, especially untenured teachers, because if a principal doesn't like you they can "discontinue" you, which basically makes you ineligible to work as a teacher in public schools, and they can even go after your state license over minor incidences or stuff they make up!
crazy... how do you become a principal? :nerd:

crazy... how do you become a principal? :nerd:

Teach for 3 years... get a Master's degree in administration or go to the "Leadership Academy", which is a shortcut method towards achieving the credential. Most importantly, having connections and being able to play politics greatly helps. If people had any idea how much power is concentrated in sick individuals such as the one in the article, they would be outraged.

Last edited:
This problem is bigger than celebs giving their money back. How about our president find a way to allocate MORE funds to public education here in the states? As a country, it seems like we'd much rather give handouts all over the place around the world, but often, problems like these are somehow ignored. There is NO reason for kids not to have ideal environments for learning. Schools with no books, A/C, heat, etc. It's a damn shame.

This problem is bigger than celebs giving their money back. How about our president find a way to allocate MORE funds to public education here in the states? As a country, it seems like we'd much rather give handouts all over the place around the world, but often, problems like these are somehow ignored. There is NO reason for kids not to have ideal environments for learning. Schools with no books, A/C, heat, etc. It's a damn shame.
Instead hes taking money away smh

laugh.gif
at Jay-Z's name being brought up like he's the solution here...really? Leave the man alone.

It's an issue with government. And the teacher's suck. I don't care how little resources you have, you can come up with something better than watching movies.

Last edited:
it's not only in NY. it's all over the country.
government money is poorly spent

Ya - judging by the impression I got from skimming the article, a big part of the problem is the leadership at the school. Throwing more money at these sorts of problems is only as effective as the leadership making decisions about how to allocate that money.

If the parents cared they'd do something. I'm not taking the living in poverty free pass as a excuse. I lived it and my mom n pops worked out of it.

Back
Top Bottom