This is why the bible and other religious texts had to be written by scorned MALES

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

dude dodged ALL of my questions...

came back asking if I know what the bible said about this and that
30t6p3b.gif

Thats all they do. Like dude...your bible is reason we're arguing...stop referring to it. They can't think without it. 

30t6p3b.gif

Great Reply Dame, you got nothing I said and even somehow found a way to mess up the example I made about the Video games.
I was trying to say I asked for something from my parents and got something better, I was showing how Gods Will works and i guess you didnt get that by your reply.......See, why even waste my time on NT with stuff like this?, and bro I didnt Dodge anything, read my reply to Dame and youll get the idea.......Im not going to reply to each of you with the same answers and I really only get on NT for like 15mins a day if that, I just dont have time like I used to and reply within seconds or even days

30t6p3b.gif

Great Reply Dame, you got nothing I said and even somehow found a way to mess up the example I made about the Video games.
I was trying to say I asked for something from my parents and got something better, I was showing how Gods Will works and i guess you didnt get that by your reply.......See, why even waste my time on NT with stuff like this?, and bro I didnt Dodge anything, read my reply to Dame and youll get the idea.......Im not going to reply to each of you with the same answers and I really only get on NT for like 15mins a day if that, I just dont have time like I used to and reply within seconds or even days

Every culture has their own creation story. I said before I am not getting involved in the free for all nonsense in these stupid threads. If you want to talk, message me.

Every culture has their own creation story. I said before I am not getting involved in the free for all nonsense in these stupid threads. If you want to talk, message me.

Answer the one question I've been asking this whole time.

What did Jesus sacrifice?

Jesus WAS the ultimate sacrifice.

Before he was crucified, forgiveness was given through the sacrifice of animals and plants unto God. They had to be killed/harvested, prepared and burned in a certain way for those people to attain the forgiveness. God allowed Jesus to be crucified so we no longer had to do these sacrifces. Once Jesus became that eternal sacrifice,  it made it so that all we have to do, aside from a lifestyle change of course, is come to God in prayer for our forgiveness and salvation.  After Jesus rose, He then made the new covenant, changing almost all of the laws of the old testament into the laws that we as Christians abide by today.

Before he was crucified, forgiveness was given through the sacrifice of animals and plants unto God. They had to be killed/harvested, prepared and burned in a certain way for those people to attain the forgiveness. God allowed Jesus to be crucified so we no longer had to do these sacrifces. Once Jesus became that eternal sacrifice,  it made it so that all we have to do, aside from a lifestyle change of course, is come to God in prayer for our forgiveness and salvation.  After Jesus rose, He then made the new covenant, changing almost all of the laws of the old testament into the laws that we as Christians abide by today.

Originally Posted by GP9Rm4108

Does the notion of a sacrifice of a human not confuse you? The same way you look down on satanists, voodoo, and other pagan rituals the fact that you had to sacrfice a human being to a "god" not make you think? Christanity at its roots is as vile as any other religion it preaches against. Your sacrifice is as important to you as their are to them. Its all the same thing. A thirst for blood being justified. Its wrong and immoral. Plus, your eternal sacrifice has had NO impact. People still do sacrifices around the world and few recall what your homeboy did thousands of years ago. Sounds like it didn't work. 

Does the notion of a sacrifice of a human not confuse you? The same way you look down on satanists, voodoo, and other pagan rituals the fact that you had to sacrfice a human being to a "god" not make you think? Christanity at its roots is as vile as any other religion it preaches against. Your sacrifice is as important to you as their are to them. Its all the same thing. A thirst for blood being justified. Its wrong and immoral. Plus, your eternal sacrifice has had NO impact. People still do sacrifices around the world and few recall what your homeboy did thousands of years ago. Sounds like it didn't work. 

This is truly sad. Dudes dodging questions hard, refusing to answer, asking to take it to pm instead of giving everyone an answer, and giving the run down/back story or archaic rituals and the poor reasoning behind sacrifices as if it matters.

They never got forgiveness through killing animals or ppl. They just thought they did. Furthermore, there is no reason to be getting forgiveness from a being you are not certain exists. So saying Jesus was sacrificed to stop sacrifices is dumb. You telling me if GOD wants to end murder he's going to send Jesus Earth to be the ULTIMATE murder victim?

It's funny because you did not answer what Jesus sacrificed in that post full of bunk at all. Jesus went through a couple hours of suffering, died on the cross while other two guys with him continued to suffer, came back to life 3 days later, and went back to Heaven to be GOD/be GOD's 2nd in command. So I must ask with the knowledge of that I do not see what he allegedly sacrificed.

This is truly sad. Dudes dodging questions hard, refusing to answer, asking to take it to pm instead of giving everyone an answer, and giving the run down/back story or archaic rituals and the poor reasoning behind sacrifices as if it matters.

They never got forgiveness through killing animals or ppl. They just thought they did. Furthermore, there is no reason to be getting forgiveness from a being you are not certain exists. So saying Jesus was sacrificed to stop sacrifices is dumb. You telling me if GOD wants to end murder he's going to send Jesus Earth to be the ULTIMATE murder victim?

It's funny because you did not answer what Jesus sacrificed in that post full of bunk at all. Jesus went through a couple hours of suffering, died on the cross while other two guys with him continued to suffer, came back to life 3 days later, and went back to Heaven to be GOD/be GOD's 2nd in command. So I must ask with the knowledge of that I do not see what he allegedly sacrificed.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Eggggggsss-zack-lee. 

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Eggggggsss-zack-lee. 

I refuse to answer in the open thread because for every one repsectful post I reply to I am going to get about 50 that slam me. I have no fear and no hesitation about being open about my faith and discussing it in public. It's just that this thread is so full of hate and disrespect that there is no place to have a rational discussion in it.

Dame, instead of telling me that I am hiding behind the internet and telling me I am a fool, how about a rational converstaion. You are the exact reason I don't want to discuss things in this thread. You are so close minded that you refuse, absolutely refuse to accept anyone elses beliefs. You go right to belittling the other person. I am not going to engage in a discussion where my side is not respected. End of story.

PS. There was no human sacrifice because Jesus is not human. He was God in flesh form.

I refuse to answer in the open thread because for every one repsectful post I reply to I am going to get about 50 that slam me. I have no fear and no hesitation about being open about my faith and discussing it in public. It's just that this thread is so full of hate and disrespect that there is no place to have a rational discussion in it.

Dame, instead of telling me that I am hiding behind the internet and telling me I am a fool, how about a rational converstaion. You are the exact reason I don't want to discuss things in this thread. You are so close minded that you refuse, absolutely refuse to accept anyone elses beliefs. You go right to belittling the other person. I am not going to engage in a discussion where my side is not respected. End of story.

PS. There was no human sacrifice because Jesus is not human. He was God in flesh form.

Unless you are ******ed why would you argue with a highly religious person.

Religious people don't use logic, there is no deductive reasoning. They don't follow the rules that you and I do for the fact they are trying to arguing improper evidence. 

At the same time where did you people get this false sense of self-riotousness to feel the need to inform people that atheism is the proper way of life? 

Unless you are ******ed why would you argue with a highly religious person.

Religious people don't use logic, there is no deductive reasoning. They don't follow the rules that you and I do for the fact they are trying to arguing improper evidence. 

At the same time where did you people get this false sense of self-riotousness to feel the need to inform people that atheism is the proper way of life? 

However I found this to be very interesting,

. Thomas Howells, 1927
Study of 461 students showed religiously conservative students "are, in general, relatively inferior in intellectual ability."

2. Hilding Carlsojn, 1933
Study of 215 students showed that "there is a tendency for the more intelligent undergraduate to be sympathetic toward… atheism."

3. Abraham Franzblau, 1934
Confirming Howells and Carlson, tested 354 Jewish children, aged 10-16. Found a negative correlation between religiosity and IQ as measured by the Terman intelligence test.

4. Thomas Symington, 1935
Tested 400 young people in colleges and church groups. He reported, "There is a constant positive relation in all the groups between liberal religious thinking and mental ability… There is also a constant positive relation between liberal scores and intelligence…"

5. Vernon Jones, 1938
Tested 381 students, concluding "a slight tendency for intelligence and liberal attitudes to go together."

6. A. R. Gilliland, 1940
At variance with all other studies, found "little or no relationship between intelligence and attitude toward god."

7. Donald Gragg, 1942
Reported an inverse correlation between 100 ACE freshman test scores and Thurstone "reality of god" scores.

8. Brown and Love, 1951
At the University of Denver, tested 613 male and female students. The mean test scores of non-believers was 119 points, and for believers it was 100. The non-believers ranked in the 80th percentile, and believers in the 50th. Their findings "strongly corroborate those of Howells."

9. Michael Argyle, 1958
Concluded that "although intelligent children grasp religious concepts earlier, they are also the first to doubt the truth of religion, and intelligent students are much less likely to accept orthodox beliefs."

10. Jeffrey Hadden, 1963
Found no correlation between intelligence and grades. This was an anomalous finding, since GPA corresponds closely with intelligence. Other factors may have influenced the results at the University of Wisconsin.

11. Young, Dustin and Holtzman, 1966
Average religiosity decreased as GPA rose.

12. James Trent, 1967
Polled 1400 college seniors. Found little difference, but high-ability students in his sample group were over-represented.

13. C. Plant and E. Minium, 1967
The more intelligent students were less religious, both before entering college and after 2 years of college.

14. Robert Wuthnow, 1978
Of 532 students, 37 percent of Christians, 58 percent of apostates, and 53 percent of non-religious scored above average on SATs.

15. Hastings and Hoge, 1967, 1974
Polled 200 college students and found no significant correlations.

16. Norman Poythress, 1975
Mean SATs for strongly anti-
religious (1148), moderately anti-religious (1119), slightly anti-religious (1108), and religious (1022).

17. Wiebe and Fleck, 1980
Studied 158 male and female Canadian university students. They reported "nonreligious S's tended to be strongly intelligent" and "more intelligent than religious S's."

STUDENT BODY COMPARISONS

1. Rose Goldsen, 1952
Percentage of students who believe in a divine god: Harvard 30; UCLA 32; Dartmouth 35; Yale 36; Cornell 42; Wayne 43; Weslyan 43; Michigan 45; Fisk 60; Texas 62; North Carolina 68.

2. National Review Study, 1970
Percentage of students who believe in a Spirit or Divine God: Reed 15; Brandeis 25; Sarah Lawrence 28; Williams 36; Stanford 41; Boston U. 41; Yale 42; Howard 47; Indiana 57; Davidson 59; S. Carolina 65; Marquette 77.

3. Caplovitz and Sherrow, 1977
Apostasy rates rose continuously from 5 percent in "low" ranked schools to 17 percent in "high" ranked schools. 

4. Niemi, Ross, and Alexander, 1978
In elite schools, organized religion was judged important by only 26 percent of their students, compared with 44 percent of all students.

However I found this to be very interesting,

. Thomas Howells, 1927
Study of 461 students showed religiously conservative students "are, in general, relatively inferior in intellectual ability."

2. Hilding Carlsojn, 1933
Study of 215 students showed that "there is a tendency for the more intelligent undergraduate to be sympathetic toward… atheism."

3. Abraham Franzblau, 1934
Confirming Howells and Carlson, tested 354 Jewish children, aged 10-16. Found a negative correlation between religiosity and IQ as measured by the Terman intelligence test.

4. Thomas Symington, 1935
Tested 400 young people in colleges and church groups. He reported, "There is a constant positive relation in all the groups between liberal religious thinking and mental ability… There is also a constant positive relation between liberal scores and intelligence…"

5. Vernon Jones, 1938
Tested 381 students, concluding "a slight tendency for intelligence and liberal attitudes to go together."

6. A. R. Gilliland, 1940
At variance with all other studies, found "little or no relationship between intelligence and attitude toward god."

7. Donald Gragg, 1942
Reported an inverse correlation between 100 ACE freshman test scores and Thurstone "reality of god" scores.

8. Brown and Love, 1951
At the University of Denver, tested 613 male and female students. The mean test scores of non-believers was 119 points, and for believers it was 100. The non-believers ranked in the 80th percentile, and believers in the 50th. Their findings "strongly corroborate those of Howells."

9. Michael Argyle, 1958
Concluded that "although intelligent children grasp religious concepts earlier, they are also the first to doubt the truth of religion, and intelligent students are much less likely to accept orthodox beliefs."

10. Jeffrey Hadden, 1963
Found no correlation between intelligence and grades. This was an anomalous finding, since GPA corresponds closely with intelligence. Other factors may have influenced the results at the University of Wisconsin.

11. Young, Dustin and Holtzman, 1966
Average religiosity decreased as GPA rose.

12. James Trent, 1967
Polled 1400 college seniors. Found little difference, but high-ability students in his sample group were over-represented.

13. C. Plant and E. Minium, 1967
The more intelligent students were less religious, both before entering college and after 2 years of college.

14. Robert Wuthnow, 1978
Of 532 students, 37 percent of Christians, 58 percent of apostates, and 53 percent of non-religious scored above average on SATs.

15. Hastings and Hoge, 1967, 1974
Polled 200 college students and found no significant correlations.

16. Norman Poythress, 1975
Mean SATs for strongly anti-
religious (1148), moderately anti-religious (1119), slightly anti-religious (1108), and religious (1022).

17. Wiebe and Fleck, 1980
Studied 158 male and female Canadian university students. They reported "nonreligious S's tended to be strongly intelligent" and "more intelligent than religious S's."

STUDENT BODY COMPARISONS

1. Rose Goldsen, 1952
Percentage of students who believe in a divine god: Harvard 30; UCLA 32; Dartmouth 35; Yale 36; Cornell 42; Wayne 43; Weslyan 43; Michigan 45; Fisk 60; Texas 62; North Carolina 68.

2. National Review Study, 1970
Percentage of students who believe in a Spirit or Divine God: Reed 15; Brandeis 25; Sarah Lawrence 28; Williams 36; Stanford 41; Boston U. 41; Yale 42; Howard 47; Indiana 57; Davidson 59; S. Carolina 65; Marquette 77.

3. Caplovitz and Sherrow, 1977
Apostasy rates rose continuously from 5 percent in "low" ranked schools to 17 percent in "high" ranked schools. 

4. Niemi, Ross, and Alexander, 1978
In elite schools, organized religion was judged important by only 26 percent of their students, compared with 44 percent of all students.

This right here is why you get such stern answers. 
Jesus was a person as most people think...others think he wasn't....Now you're saying he was akin to a comic book hero. Can the faithful come to a conclusion of the body of jesus? The modern image of Jesus came about when the Catholic church started drawing pictures of dude. Jesus, according to the bible, looked VERY much like someone from Africa/middle east...not some white dude We don't know if he even really existed. Why did jesus take the shape of man then? Why did he only appear to humans? Either way it was STILL a sacrifice...something that is seen as barbaric in ANY context. 

I'm not close minded. I've responded to EVERY conjecture you've put forth. Your belief has HOLES in it. Serious holes that you won't address. I won't belittle anyone in so much as what they think makes sense...and i'm not the only one either. 

Christianity has as many INHERENT faults as all the other religions yet you refuse to acknowledge this fact. You mean to tell me everything that happened in the bible happened? A dude was swallowed by a whale? A man broke the laws of physics regarding surface tension and walked on water? Where is this going dude? 

You want to have a rational discussion? Lets do this: Please answer these questions:

I spent sometime thinking of these and I asked nicely. Please respond:

You also haven't answered if you're apart of a religion or not so please indicate if you are and answer accordingly. 

Are you apart of a religion? 

What do you HONESTLY think of non-believers? 

Was there an incident that led you to believe in a God? 

What are your thoughts on evolution? 

What are your thoughts on the progressive nature of scientific advancement often overturning notions previously attributed to God? 

Why do you believe in an afterlife? 

What do you parents believe in? 

Could you date someone of a different religion? 

What do you think of others that pray to a different God? Also, who prays to more "correct" or "right" or "true" God? 

When was the last time your faith was challenged and how did you maintain it? 

Do you think God is the ultimate source of reality? 

Do you praise God and why? 

Was god created or did he/she/it/them always exist? 

What are your thoughts on prayer in schools? 

What are your thoughts on god/religion being used in the legal/court system? 

Are we a christian nation? 

Do you try to convince other people to believe in God? 

What do you think of stories of mythology in ancient civilizations like Rome and Greece? 

Do you believe in the "end of times" or the rapture? 

Do you pray? If so, what do you pray for? How often? Can you be "out-prayed"? 

Did you always believe in god? 

What is your explanation for the beginning of life? 

How old is the earth in your understanding? 

Should the Pope and the Catholic Church be investigated? 

Do you tithe? Why/why not? 

What is the purpose of life in your opinion? Is there a purpose? 

If/when you have kids, will you teach them to believe in God? Why/why not? 

What do you friends think of your beliefs? 

Is there a hell? 

Do you believe in miracles? 

Have you witnessed a miracle? How are you certain that it was a miracle? 

Does god grant us free will? 

Regarding faith, do you think God actively listens? 

How much credit do you give to God for your successes and failures aside from your individual effort? 

Have you ever considered following another God or accepting a different view of God? 

is god physical or immaterial? 

Do you believe in any prophets? If so, which one and why? 

Whats your reasons for believing in God?

This right here is why you get such stern answers. 
Jesus was a person as most people think...others think he wasn't....Now you're saying he was akin to a comic book hero. Can the faithful come to a conclusion of the body of jesus? The modern image of Jesus came about when the Catholic church started drawing pictures of dude. Jesus, according to the bible, looked VERY much like someone from Africa/middle east...not some white dude We don't know if he even really existed. Why did jesus take the shape of man then? Why did he only appear to humans? Either way it was STILL a sacrifice...something that is seen as barbaric in ANY context. 

I'm not close minded. I've responded to EVERY conjecture you've put forth. Your belief has HOLES in it. Serious holes that you won't address. I won't belittle anyone in so much as what they think makes sense...and i'm not the only one either. 

Christianity has as many INHERENT faults as all the other religions yet you refuse to acknowledge this fact. You mean to tell me everything that happened in the bible happened? A dude was swallowed by a whale? A man broke the laws of physics regarding surface tension and walked on water? Where is this going dude? 

You want to have a rational discussion? Lets do this: Please answer these questions:

I spent sometime thinking of these and I asked nicely. Please respond:

You also haven't answered if you're apart of a religion or not so please indicate if you are and answer accordingly. 

Are you apart of a religion? 

What do you HONESTLY think of non-believers? 

Was there an incident that led you to believe in a God? 

What are your thoughts on evolution? 

What are your thoughts on the progressive nature of scientific advancement often overturning notions previously attributed to God? 

Why do you believe in an afterlife? 

What do you parents believe in? 

Could you date someone of a different religion? 

What do you think of others that pray to a different God? Also, who prays to more "correct" or "right" or "true" God? 

When was the last time your faith was challenged and how did you maintain it? 

Do you think God is the ultimate source of reality? 

Do you praise God and why? 

Was god created or did he/she/it/them always exist? 

What are your thoughts on prayer in schools? 

What are your thoughts on god/religion being used in the legal/court system? 

Are we a christian nation? 

Do you try to convince other people to believe in God? 

What do you think of stories of mythology in ancient civilizations like Rome and Greece? 

Do you believe in the "end of times" or the rapture? 

Do you pray? If so, what do you pray for? How often? Can you be "out-prayed"? 

Did you always believe in god? 

What is your explanation for the beginning of life? 

How old is the earth in your understanding? 

Should the Pope and the Catholic Church be investigated? 

Do you tithe? Why/why not? 

What is the purpose of life in your opinion? Is there a purpose? 

If/when you have kids, will you teach them to believe in God? Why/why not? 

What do you friends think of your beliefs? 

Is there a hell? 

Do you believe in miracles? 

Have you witnessed a miracle? How are you certain that it was a miracle? 

Does god grant us free will? 

Regarding faith, do you think God actively listens? 

How much credit do you give to God for your successes and failures aside from your individual effort? 

Have you ever considered following another God or accepting a different view of God? 

is god physical or immaterial? 

Do you believe in any prophets? If so, which one and why? 

Whats your reasons for believing in God?

Back
Top Bottom