This is why the bible and other religious texts had to be written by scorned MALES

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Originally Posted by Releventmuzik

I never understood why people insist on going out of their way to bash/insult and make rude jokes about Christians/God...
Yes I am a Christian and proud of it.. If you don't agree with it move on...
No one is forcing you to worship God. No one is forcing you to believe in him or the bible.

Just wish I understood why people do such things... 
ohwell.gif

Congrats. You believe the earth was made in 6 days and God rested on the 7. Never questioning why we even have a 7 day week in the first place. 
Don't act like speaking against God is allowed in the US. You guys want to stick religion in every facet of life. If you want to proselytize, why should you be allowed to do so without criticism? 

Its the same as when we make fun of the opposing political party ...or fat people. If you can't take the joke, maybe you shouldn't be part of the group being made fun of.  
grin.gif

laugh.gif
@Releventmuzik : No one is forcing? I guess you dont remember your history classes. Native Americans in regards to catholics? 

Yeah its not like our pledge of allegiance doesn't have God in it or anything. I don't know why you're complaining. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Ooo, one of my fave topics.

This is what I do not get, it is known and proven that these religious books were man made. Ok, no proof of God's existence or known facts how this universe was created, but I can ASSURE you these religious textbooks are fictitious and no different than Aesop's fables. Discovering and researching the history of it all is what made me Agnostic.

"And God said let there be light"

God did not write the bible, who writes about themselves in the third person.

Im not saying I understand the Bible perfectly, no one does. But God didn't "write" it, other people did, hence the 3rd person. It's believed that God inspired them to write such things though

This is what I do not get, it is known and proven that these religious books were man made. Ok, no proof of God's existence or known facts how this universe was created, but I can ASSURE you these religious textbooks are fictitious and no different than Aesop's fables. Discovering and researching the history of it all is what made me Agnostic.

Im not saying I understand the Bible perfectly, no one does. But God didn't "write" it, other people did, hence the 3rd person. It's believed that God inspired them to write such things though

Originally Posted by HighMan

Originally Posted by Th3Ownly

i didnt find that funny or amusing at all

also these are metaphors, or an allegoroical account…

beasts and horns refer to nations...
except for when they felt the need to use the word "nation(s)" in Revelations several times when the frogs assembled the kings on earth to battle god... 
eyes.gif

except for when they felt the need to use the word "nation(s)" in Revelations several times when the frogs assembled the kings on earth to battle god... 
eyes.gif

I never understood why people insist on going out of their way to bash/insult and make rude jokes about Christians/God...
No one is forcing you to worship God. No one is forcing you to believe in him or the bible.

ohwell.gif

Congrats. You believe the earth was made in 6 days and God rested on the 7. Never questioning why we even have a 7 day week in the first place. 
Don't act like speaking against God is allowed in the US. You guys want to stick religion in every facet of life. If you want to proselytize, why should you be allowed to do so without criticism? 

Its the same as when we make fun of the opposing political party ...or fat people. If you can't take the joke, maybe you shouldn't be part of the group being made fun of.  
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I am going to ignore you first comment  because I didn't come here to argue. I cant change the way you believe and you can't change mine... But to your 2nd comment.
Hey bro few Christians have done a few things wrong or whatever you now based the entire group as one.
That's not cool bro. I can say the prejudice assumptions about black people and Mexicans and white men and Muslims... 

I. Me. Doug, Relevent Muzik. Has NEVER stuck "religion" on anyone.

I have told people about God and how my life has been changed but I don't force anything.  

I'm not here to argue or force my view point onto you but man why go out of your way to insult it?
First of all....
This is a thread. 

On a message board.

You clicked it.

So... 

As long as I don't violate the ToS of NT, and I don't think I am... then, I'm free to express myself in whatever way I deem fit. 

You're just mad because you're offended. 

Let me make fun of the easter bunny if that will make you feel better. 

Originally Posted by Kramer

Hmm were the Hindu religious texts inspired by God as well, or are people who write about God (in the case of the Hindus GODS) in other religions delusional.

ohwell.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

I am going to ignore you first comment  because I didn't come here to argue. I cant change the way you believe and you can't change mine... But to your 2nd comment.
Hey bro few Christians have done a few things wrong or whatever you now based the entire group as one.
That's not cool bro. I can say the prejudice assumptions about black people and Mexicans and white men and Muslims... 

I. Me. Doug, Relevent Muzik. Has NEVER stuck "religion" on anyone.

I have told people about God and how my life has been changed but I don't force anything.  

I'm not here to argue or force my view point onto you but man why go out of your way to insult it?
First of all....
This is a thread. 

On a message board.

You clicked it.

So... 

As long as I don't violate the ToS of NT, and I don't think I am... then, I'm free to express myself in whatever way I deem fit. 

You're just mad because you're offended. 

Let me make fun of the easter bunny if that will make you feel better. 

Hmm were the Hindu religious texts inspired by God as well, or are people who write about God (in the case of the Hindus GODS) in other religions delusional.

eyes.gif

i dont understand what is the point you are trying to make..
but in the book of daniel, when he sees the beast and an angel breaks the vision down… the beats refer to kings kingdoms nations etc

eyes.gif

but in the book of daniel, when he sees the beast and an angel breaks the vision down… the beats refer to kings kingdoms nations etc

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

So how long did it take you to put those legos together?

laugh.gif
 I didn't do it. http://www.bricktestament.com/ has almost all of the bible (theyre still working) in lego format. Its freaking awesome when you have some free time to get visuals to the story. Its hilarious. 

They stay pretty close to the translations too. 

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

So how long did it take you to put those legos together?

laugh.gif
 I didn't do it. http://www.bricktestament.com/ has almost all of the bible (theyre still working) in lego format. Its freaking awesome when you have some free time to get visuals to the story. Its hilarious. 

They stay pretty close to the translations too. 

eyes.gif

BEASTS AND HORNS...ARE....BEASTS...AND ... HORNS
Stop making metaphors dude. First you say its an allegory...then the term you use to refer to the allegory... gets used over and over again... the hell you talking about? 
roll.gif

eyes.gif

Stop making metaphors dude. First you say its an allegory...then the term you use to refer to the allegory... gets used over and over again... the hell you talking about? 
roll.gif

eyes.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lemme guess the Lions in the den they put Daniel in actually represented all the city states of Mesopotamia.

eyes.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lemme guess the Lions in the den they put Daniel in actually represented all the city states of Mesopotamia.

Delusional? Not exactly. Wrong? I suppose so.
I don't really want to argue though, I can see why you would think that about the people who wrote the Bible as well.
I personally wish the Bible was a lot more clear and not so up for interpretation so these questions could be answered better

Delusional? Not exactly. Wrong? I suppose so.
I don't really want to argue though, I can see why you would think that about the people who wrote the Bible as well.
I personally wish the Bible was a lot more clear and not so up for interpretation so these questions could be answered better

Back
Top Bottom