This is why the bible and other religious texts had to be written by scorned MALES

Originally Posted by Kramer

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Ooo, one of my fave topics.

This is what I do not get, it is known and proven that these religious books were man made. Ok, no proof of God's existence or known facts how this universe was created, but I can ASSURE you these religious textbooks are fictitious and no different than Aesop's fables. Discovering and researching the history of it all is what made me Agnostic.

"And God said let there be light"

God did not write the bible, who writes about themselves in the third person.

Im not saying I understand the Bible perfectly, no one does. But God didn't "write" it, other people did, hence the 3rd person. It's believed that God inspired them to write such things though

Hmm were the Hindu religious texts inspired by God as well, or are people who write about God (in the case of the Hindus GODS) in other religions delusional.
Delusional? Not exactly. Wrong? I suppose so.
I don't really want to argue though, I can see why you would think that about the people who wrote the Bible as well.
I personally wish the Bible was a lot more clear and not so up for interpretation so these questions could be answered better
Is there really a difference? Its all semantics. You're trying to be P.C.
roll.gif
Say it like it is. Hindus are wrong. Christians are right. Woe...

Maybe because it wasn't intended to be read so intensely? 
eyes.gif
...or at all? Then again how would it reinforce itself if people couldn't pull other meaning from the text? 
grin.gif
 How about mentioning that this version of the bible isn't even the original one...maybe the translation is wrong? 
nerd.gif
When has anyone ever written a book that wasn't intended to be read
grin.gif
  And when people translate the Bible they do it from the original text, just a heads up
sometimes… 

I read something about 25% of the existing hebrew in the dead sea scrolls or something can't be translated or something like that... i forget the details... can anyone help me out here?

I'm basically bringing up the point that modern hebrew is missing a lot of its meaning and it is often full of words and phrases with 2-3 meanings. Bad translations could be very easy.
this is actually true…
most good bibles have footnotes that say something like “ meaning in hebrew uncertain

I read something about 25% of the existing hebrew in the dead sea scrolls or something can't be translated or something like that... i forget the details... can anyone help me out here?

I'm basically bringing up the point that modern hebrew is missing a lot of its meaning and it is often full of words and phrases with 2-3 meanings. Bad translations could be very easy.
this is actually true…
most good bibles have footnotes that say something like “ meaning in hebrew uncertain

I would think these religion topics would have gotten old by now. Guess not. Its no use in arguing about it, people are gonna believe what they believe regardless. The bible was written by men though, no arguing with that.

I would think these religion topics would have gotten old by now. Guess not. Its no use in arguing about it, people are gonna believe what they believe regardless. The bible was written by men though, no arguing with that.

Originally Posted by HighMan

This is what I do not get, it is known and proven that these religious books were man made. Ok, no proof of God's existence or known facts how this universe was created, but I can ASSURE you these religious textbooks are fictitious and no different than Aesop's fables. Discovering and researching the history of it all is what made me Agnostic.

Im not saying I understand the Bible perfectly, no one does. But God didn't "write" it, other people did, hence the 3rd person. It's believed that God inspired them to write such things though

Hmm were the Hindu religious texts inspired by God as well, or are people who write about God (in the case of the Hindus GODS) in other religions delusional.
I don't really want to argue though, I can see why you would think that about the people who wrote the Bible as well.
I personally wish the Bible was a lot more clear and not so up for interpretation so these questions could be answered better
roll.gif

eyes.gif
...or at all? Then again how would it reinforce itself if people couldn't pull other meaning from the text? 
grin.gif
 How about mentioning that this version of the bible isn't even the original one...maybe the translation is wrong? 
nerd.gif
grin.gif
  And when people translate the Bible they do it from the original text, just a heads up
sometimes… 

Your right, there's definitely some translations that are paraphrased and not correct

roll.gif

eyes.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif
grin.gif
sometimes… 

Your right, there's definitely some translations that are paraphrased and not correct

roll.gif

eyes.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif
grin.gif
sometimes… 

some people translate the bible from this thing called the Septuagint which is already a translation…
recently thefre have been movements for more accurate translations…

also for the record im not basing you, i believe in god, but the process by which the bible was put together leaves room for error

esp since texts vary and translations are up for interpreatation…

translating from spanish to english is hard… and somethings don’t translate… (simple metaphors and sayings)

translations of ancient language to english is even more difficult.

roll.gif

eyes.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif
grin.gif
sometimes… 

some people translate the bible from this thing called the Septuagint which is already a translation…
recently thefre have been movements for more accurate translations…

also for the record im not basing you, i believe in god, but the process by which the bible was put together leaves room for error

esp since texts vary and translations are up for interpreatation…

translating from spanish to english is hard… and somethings don’t translate… (simple metaphors and sayings)

translations of ancient language to english is even more difficult.

roll.gif

eyes.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif
grin.gif
roll.gif
The ignorance! Well excuuuuuuuuse ME!

There is no *Original* bible smart-guy. Go look on the spine of your bible. What version do you have?

Versions of the bible:

King James, New American, Darby, New Revised Standard, Recovery, and New American Standard (not be be confused with the New American or the New Revised Standard), New international, New living translation, New World Translation, Confraternity, The living bible (not to be confused with the New Living), and The Message.

and thats just english and what you'll find in the US mostly. That number jumps over seas. 

The hell are you talking about? 

roll.gif

eyes.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif
grin.gif
roll.gif

There is no *Original* bible smart-guy. Go look on the spine of your bible. What version do you have?

Versions of the bible:

King James, New American, Darby, New Revised Standard, Recovery, and New American Standard (not be be confused with the New American or the New Revised Standard), New international, New living translation, New World Translation, Confraternity, The living bible (not to be confused with the New Living), and The Message.

and thats just english and what you'll find in the US mostly. That number jumps over seas. 

roll.gif

eyes.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif
grin.gif
roll.gif

Versions of the bible:

calm down son… it isnt that serious..

roll.gif

eyes.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif
grin.gif
roll.gif

Versions of the bible:

calm down son… it isnt that serious..

And so all the atheists high fived in agreement with each other... and it was good.

I hate these threads.

And so all the atheists high fived in agreement with each other... and it was good.

I hate these threads.

These are all of the versions of ENGLISH/HEBREW CHRISTIANITY BIBLES

[h2]20th and 21st century translations[/h2][h3][edit]King James Versions and derivatives[/h3]
The King James Version of 1611 still has an immense following, and as such there have been a number of different attempts to update or improve upon it. The Revised Version and its derivatives also stem from the King James Version.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]CKJV[/td][td]Children's King James Version Jay P. Green[/td][td]1960[/td][/tr][tr][td]KJ II[/td][td]King James II Version of the Bible Jay P. Green[/td][td]1971[/td][/tr][tr][td]KJV20[/td][td]King James Version—Twentieth Century Edition Jay P. Green[/td][/tr][tr][td]NKJV[/td][td]New King James Version[/td][td]1982[/td][/tr][tr][td]KJ21[/td][td]21st Century King James Version[/td][td]1991[/td][/tr][tr][td]MKJV[/td][td]Modern King James Version[/td][td]1999[/td][/tr][tr][td]AKJV[/td][td]American King James Version[sup][1][/sup][/td][td]1999[/td][/tr][tr][td]KJV2000[/td][td]King James 2000 Version[sup][2][/sup][/td][td]2000[/td][/tr][tr][td]UKJV[/td][td]Updated King James Version[sup][3][/sup][/td][td]2000[/td][/tr][tr][td]KJVER[/td][td]King James Version Easy Reading[sup][4][/sup][/td][td]2001[/td][/tr][tr][td]HSV[/td][td]Holy Scriptures Version[sup][5][/sup][/td][td]2001[/td][/tr][tr][td]CKJV[/td][td]Comfort-able King James Version[sup][6][/sup][sup][7][/sup][/td][td]2003[/td][/tr][tr][td]NCPB[/td][td]New Cambridge Paragraph Bible[sup][8][/sup][/td][td]2005[/td][/tr][tr][td]AV7[/td][td]AV7 (New Authorized Version)[/td][td]2006[/td][/tr][tr][td]AVU[/td][td]Authorized Version Update[sup][9][/sup][/td][td]2006[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Revised Version and derivatives[/h3]
The English Revised Version was the first official attempt to update the Authorized (King James) Version. This was adapted in the United States as the American Standard Version. The translations and versions that stem from them are shown in date order:
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]RV[/td][td](British) Revised Version[/td][td]1881–5[/td][/tr][tr][td]ASV[/td][td]American Standard Version[/td][td]1901[/td][/tr][tr][td]RSV[/td][td]Revised Standard Version[/td][td]1952[/td][/tr][tr][td]NASB[/td][td]New American Standard Bible[/td][td]1971, 1995[/td][/tr][tr][td]NRSV[/td][td]New Revised Standard Version[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][tr][td]ESV[/td][td]English Standard Version[/td][td]2001[/td][/tr][tr][td]WEB[/td][td]World English Bible[/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]New International Version and derivatives[/h3]
The popular New International Version has appeared in a number of editions.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]NIV[/td][td]New International Version[/td][td]1978[/td][/tr][tr][td]NIrV[/td][td]New International Reader's Version[/td][td]1996[/td][/tr][tr][td]NIVI[/td][td]New International Version Inclusive Language Edition[/td][td]1996[/td][/tr][tr][td]TNIV[/td][td]Today's New International Version[/td][td]2005[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Dynamic translations and paraphrases[/h3]
A significant aspect in translations from the latter half of the 20th century was much greater use of the principles of dynamic equivalence.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]TLB[/td][td]The Living Bible[/td][td]1971[/td][/tr][tr][td]GNB[/td][td]Good News Bible[/td][td]1976, 1992[/td][/tr][tr][td]CEV[/td][td]Contemporary English Version[/td][td]1995[/td][/tr][tr][td]GW[/td][td]God's Word[/td][td]1995[/td][/tr][tr][td]NLT[/td][td]New Living Translation[/td][td]1996, 2004[/td][/tr][tr][td]MSG[/td][td]The Message[/td][td]2002[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Internet-based translations[/h3]
The New English Translation (or NET Bible) is a project to publish a translation of the Bible using the Internet. It is freely available and accompanied by extensive translator's notes. Another Internet based translation (currently only in the planning stages)[sup][10][/sup] is The Free Bible. It is a wiki, collaborative project, based on Wikisource. A third is The Work of God's Children Illustrated Bible, which uses a collaborative Mediawiki website that interlinks the words of the Bible to articles and image galleries about the topic.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]NET[/td][td]New English Translation[/td][td]2005[/td][/tr][tr][td]TFB[/td][td]The Free Bible[/td][td]In planning stage[sup][10][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]WGCIB[/td][td]The Work of God's Children Illustrated Bible[/td][td]2010[/td][/tr][tr][td]CBP[/td][td]Conservative Bible Project[/td][td]In Progress[sup][11][/sup][/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Jewish translations[/h3]
Main article: Jewish English Bible translations

Jewish translations follow the Masoretic Text, and are usually published in bilingual editions with the Hebrew text facing the English translation. The translations often reflect traditional Jewish exegesis of the bible. As translations of the Masoretic bible, Jewish translations contain neither the apocrypha nor the Christian New Testament.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]JPS[/td][td]Jewish Publication Society of America Version[sup][12][/sup][/td][td]1917[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Judaica Press[sup][13][/sup][/td][td]1963[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Koren Jerusalem Bible[sup][14][/sup] Based on a translation by Harold Fisch[/td][td]1962[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Living Torah by Aryeh Kaplan[sup][15][/sup]
The Living Nach by Yaakov Elman[/td][td]1981
[/td][/tr][tr][td]NJPS[/td][td]New Jewish Publication Society of America Version[/td][td]1985[/td][/tr][tr][td]Artscroll[/td][td]Stone Edition (Artscroll)[/td][td]1996[/td][/tr][/table]

[h3][edit]Messianic translations[/h3]
Main article: Messianic Bible translations

Some Bible translations find popular use in, or were prepared especially for, the Messianic Judaism movement.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]TS98[/td][td]The Scriptures '98 Version[/td][td]1993, 1998[/td][/tr][tr][td]CJB[/td][td]Complete Jewish Bible (by David H. Stern)[/td][td]1998[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]God's New Covenant: A New Testament Translation (by Heinz Cassirer)[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][tr][td]OJB[/td][td]Orthodox Jewish Bible (by Phillip E Goble)[/td][td]2002[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]New English Bible and derivatives[/h3]
Main article: New English Bible

The initiative to create the New English Bible began in 1946, in an attempt to make an entirely new translation of the Bible in modern English.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]NEB[/td][td]New English Bible[/td][td]1970[/td][/tr][tr][td]REB[/td][td]Revised English Bible[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Public domain translations[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]WEB[/td][td]World English Bible[/td][td]In Progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]MASV[/td][td]Modern American Standard Version[/td][td]In Progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]CPDV[/td][td]Catholic Public Domain Version[/td][td]2009[/td][/tr][tr][td]DRP[/td][td]David Robert Palmer Translation[sup][16][/sup][/td][td]In Progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]UKJV[/td][td]Updated King James Version[/td][td]2000[/td][/tr][tr][td]TFB[/td][td]The Free Bible[/td][td]In Progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]WGCIB[/td][td]The Work of God's Children Illustrated Bible[/td][td]2010[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Catholic translations[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]DRB[/td][td]Douay-Rheims Bible[/td][td]1582–1610[/td][/tr][tr][td]DRC[/td][td]Douay-Rheims Bible Challoner Revision[/td][td]1752[/td][/tr][tr][td]WVSS[/td][td]Westminster Version of the Sacred Scriptures[/td][td]1913–1935[sup]1[/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]SPC[/td][td]Spencer New Testament[/td][td]1941[/td][/tr][tr][td]CCD[/td][td]Confraternity Bible[/td][td]1941[sup]2[/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Knox[/td][td]Knox's Translation of the Vulgate[/td][td]1955[/td][/tr][tr][td]KLNT[/td][td]Kleist-Lilly New Testament[/td][td]1956[sup]3[/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]JB[/td][td]Jerusalem Bible[/td][td]1966[/td][/tr][tr][td]RSV-CE[/td][td]Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition[/td][td]1965–66[sup]4[/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]NAB[/td][td]New American Bible[/td][td]1970[/td][/tr][tr][td]TLB-CE[/td][td]The Living Bible - Catholic Edition[/td][td]1971[/td][/tr][tr][td]NJB[/td][td]New Jerusalem Bible[/td][td]1985[/td][/tr][tr][td]CCB[/td][td]Christian Community Bible[/td][td]1986[/td][/tr][tr][td]NRSV-CE[/td][td]New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][tr][td]CPDV[/td][td]Catholic Public Domain Version[/td][td]2009[/td][/tr][tr][td]WGCIB[/td][td]The Work of God's Children Illustrated Bible[/td][td]2010[/td][/tr][/table]
[sup]1[/sup]Released in parts between 1913–1935 with copious study and textual notes. The New Testament with condensed notes was released in 1936 as one volume.
[sup]2[/sup]NT released in 1941. The OT contained material from the Challoner Revision until the entire OT was completed in 1969.
[sup]3[/sup]New Testament only; Gospels by James Kleist, rest by Joseph Lilly.
[sup]4[/sup]Second Catholic Edition released 2006.
[h3][edit]Sacred Name translations[/h3]
These Sacred Name Bibles were all done with the specific aim of carrying into English the actual Name of God as they were in the originals. Most have been done by people from theSacred Name Movement. They are distinguished by their policy of transliterating Hebrew-based forms for sacred names, such as "Yahweh", "YHWH", etc.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]ERB[/td][td]Rotherham's Emphasized Bible[/td][td]1902[/td][/tr][tr][td]SNB[/td][td]Restoration of Original Sacred Name Bible[/td][td]1976[/td][/tr][tr][td]HNB[/td][td]Holy Name Bible[/td][td]1963[/td][/tr][tr][td]SSBE[/td][td]Sacred Scriptures Bethel Edition[/td][td]1981[/td][/tr][tr][td]SN-KJ[/td][td]Sacred Name King James Bible[/td][td]2005[/td][/tr][tr][td]SSFOY[/td][td]Sacred Scriptures, Family of Yah Edition[/td][td]2000[/td][/tr][tr][td]TWOY[/td][td]The Word of Yahweh[/td][td]2003[/td][/tr][tr][td]TS98[/td][td]The Scriptures '98 Version[/td][td]1993, 1998[/td][/tr][tr][td]RNKJV[/td][td]Restored Name King James Version[/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]HRV[/td][td]Hebraic-Roots Version[/td][td]2004[/td][/tr][tr][td]TB[/td][td]The Besorah (a plagiarized copy of The Scriptures 1998[sup][17][/sup])[/td][td]2008[/td][/tr][tr][td]TBE[/td][td]Transparent English Bible[/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Septuagint translations[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Charles Thomson's The Holy Bible, Containing The Old And New Covenant, Commonly Called The Old And New Testament: Translated From The Greek[/td][td]1808[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Brenton's English Translation of the Septuagint[/td][td]1851[/td][/tr][tr][td]ABP[/td][td]Apostolic Bible Polyglot[/td][td]2003[/td][/tr][tr][td]AB[/td][td]The Apostles' Bible[/td][td]2004[/td][/tr][tr][td]OSB[/td][td]Orthodox Study Bible[/td][td]2007[/td][/tr][tr][td]NETS[/td][td]New English Translation of the Septuagint[/td][td]2007[/td][/tr][tr][td]EOB[/td][td]Eastern / Greek Orthodox Bible[/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Simplified English Bibles[/h3]
There have been a number of attempts to produce a Bible that greatly simplifies the English. (Some of these versions are also listed in other categories: for example, the NIrV is also found under the NIV section). These are translations that are not necessarily a very dynamic translation, but go beyond simply everyday English into a restricted vocabulary set, often aimed at non-native speakers of English.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]BBE[/td][td]Bible in Basic English[/td][td]1949[/td][/tr][tr][td]BWE[/td][td]Bible in Worldwide English [New Testament only][/td][td]1969[/td][/tr][tr][td]NLV[/td][td]New Life Version (Gleason Ledyard)[/td][td]1986[/td][/tr][tr][td]SEB[/td][td]Simple English Bible (Dr Stanley Morris)[/td][td]1980[/td][/tr][tr][td]ERV[/td][td]Easy-to-Read Version (previously English Version for the Deaf)[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][tr][td]NCV[/td][td]New Century Version[/td][td]1991[/td][/tr][tr][td]NIrV[/td][td]New International Reader's Version[/td][td]1998[/td][/tr][tr][td]EEB[/td][td]EasyEnglish Bible[sup][18][/sup][/td][td]2001+[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Translations exclusively published by Jehovah's Witnesses[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]NWT[/td][td]New World Translation[/td][td]1950[/td][/tr][tr][td]LivEng[/td][td]The Bible in Living English (not to be confused with the Living Bible)[/td][td]1972[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Adaptive retellings[/h3]
Some versions have been labelled "adaptive retelling"[sup][19][/sup] as they take many liberties with the form of the text.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Black Bible Chronicles[/td][td]1993, 1994[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Cotton Patch version (various portions of the New Testament done by Clarence Jordan)[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Aussie Bible; also More Aussie Bible[sup][20][/sup] by Kel Richards[/td][td]2003[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Other translations[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]Fenton[/td][td]The Holy Bible In Modern English (by Ferrar Fenton)[/td][td]1903[/td][/tr][tr][td]MNT[/td][td]A New Translation (by James Moffatt)[/td][td]1926[/td][/tr][tr][td]Lamsa[/td][td]Lamsa Bible (by George Lamsa)[/td][td]1933[/td][/tr][tr][td]AAT[/td][td]An American Translation (by Smith and Goodspeed|)[/td][td]1935[/td][/tr][tr][td]BV[/td][td]Berkeley Version[/td][td]1958[/td][/tr][tr][td]AMP[/td][td]Amplified Bible[/td][td]1965[/td][/tr][tr][td]Knoch[/td][td]Concordant Literal Version (by Adolph Ernst Knoch)[/td][td]1966[/td][/tr][tr][td]MLB[/td][td]The Modern Language Bible (New Berkeley Version)[/td][td]1969[/td][/tr][tr][td]TSB[/td][td]The Story Bible[/td][td]1971[/td][/tr][tr][td]BECK[/td][td]An American Translation (by William F. Beck)[/td][td]1976[/td][/tr][tr][td]LITV[/td][td]Green's Literal Translation (by Jay P. Green)[/td][td]1985[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Clear Word (Seventh-day Adventist paraphrase)[/td][td]1994[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Anointed Standard Version[/td][td]1995[/td][/tr][tr][td]CJB[/td][td]Complete Jewish Bible[/td][td]1998[/td][/tr][tr][td]TMB[/td][td]Third Millennium Bible[/td][td]1998[/td][/tr][tr][td]RcV[/td][td]Recovery Version[/td][td]1999[/td][/tr][tr][td]ABP[/td][td]Apostolic Bible Polyglot[/td][td]2003[/td][/tr][tr][td]VW[/td][td]A Voice In The Wilderness Holy Scriptures[sup][21][/sup][/td][td]2003[/td][/tr][tr][td]AB[/td][td]The Apostles' Bible[/td][td]2004[/td][/tr][tr][td]HCSB[/td][td]Holman Christian Standard Bible[/td][td]2004[/td][/tr][tr][td]CAB[/td][td]The Complete Apostles' Bible[/td][td]2005[/td][/tr][tr][td]ACV[/td][td]A Conservative Version (NT only in print OT & NT Internet versions)[/td][td]2005[/td][/tr][tr][td]NJV[/td][td]The New Jubilees Version (The Beloved and I: The Sacred Scriptures in English Verse, McElwain)[/td][td]2005+[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARTB[/td][td]Ancient Roots Translinear Bible (Old Testament Only)[/td][td]2006[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Literary Bible (by David Rosenberg)(Old Testament Only)[/td][td]2009[/td][/tr][tr][td]MGB[/td][td]The Manga Bible[sup][22][/sup][/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]TEB[/td][td]Transparent English Bible[sup][23][/sup][/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]ISV[/td][td]International Standard Version[/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jubilee2000[/td][td]English Jubilee 2000 Bible[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Murdock[/td][td]James Murdock's Translation of the Syriac Pe****ta[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]EOB[/td][td]Eastern / Greek Orthodox Bible[/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][/table][h2][edit]Partial translations[/h2][h3][edit]New Testament[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Epistles of Paul in Modern English (includes Hebrews), by George Barker Stevens[/td][td]1898[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Twentieth Century New Testament[/td][td]1902[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Weymouth New Testament (New Testament in Modern Speech)[/td][td]1903[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Centenary New Testament (by Helen Barrett Montgomery)[/td][td]1924[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Four Gospels, by E. V. Rieu, Penguin[/td][td]1952[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Authentic New Testament, by Hugh J. Schonfield[/td][td]1955[/td][/tr][tr][td]Phi / PME[/td][td]Phillips New Testament in Modern English and Four Prophets (by J. B. Phillips)[/td][td]1958[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Simplified New Testament, by Olaf M. Norlie[/td][td]1961[/td][/tr][tr][td]WET[/td][td]Wuest Expanded Translation (by Kenneth Wuest)[/td][td]1961[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The New Testament: a New Translation, by William Barclay[/td][td]1968[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]TransLine, by Michael Magill[/td][td]2002[/td][/tr][tr][td]CPG[/td][td]Cotton Patch Gospel[sup][24][/sup] by Clarence Jordan[/td][td]1968–1973 (4 vols)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Four Gospels, by Norman Marrow, ISBN 0-9505565-0-5[/td][td]1977[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Original New Testament, by Hugh J. SchonfieldISBN 0-947752-20-X[/td][td]1985[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]McCord's New Testament Translation of the Everlasting Gospel by Hugo McCord[/td][td]1988[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]A Fresh Parenthetical Version of the New Testament by B. E. Junkins ISBN 0761823972[/td][td]2002[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]God's New Covenant: A New Testament Translation by Heinz CassirerISBN 0-8028-3673-9[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Jewish New Testament, by David H. Stern[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][tr][td]Gaus[/td][td]The Unvarnished New Testament[sup][25][/sup] by Andy Gaus[/td][td]1991[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The New Testament, by Richmond LattimoreISBN 0-460 87953 7[/td][td]1996[/td][/tr][tr][td]TCE[/td][td]The Common Edition New Testament[sup][26][/sup][/td][td]1999[/td][/tr][tr][td]COM[/td][td]The Comprehensive New Testament[sup][27][/sup][/td][td]2008[/td][/tr][tr][td]ALT[/td][td]Analytical-Literal Translation[/td][td]1999?[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]A New Accurate Translation of the Greek New Testament, by Julian G. Anderson ISBN 0-960-21284-1[/td][td]1984[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Voice ISBN 1418534390[/td][td]2008[/td][/tr][tr][td]JNT[/td][td]Jewish New Testament by David H. Stern[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Source New Testament With Extensive Notes on Greek Word Meaning, by Dr A. Nyland ISBN 0980443008[/td][td]2004[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Last Days New Testament, Ray W. Johnson[/td][td]1999[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Hebrew Bible[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]The Wisdom Books in Modern Speech (Job, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Lamentations, and Song of Songs), John Edgar McFadyen[/td][td]1917[/td][/tr][tr][td]Four Prophets (Amos, Hosea, Micah, Isaiah), J.B. Phillips[/td][td]1963[/td][/tr][tr][td]Job Speaks (Job), David Rosenberg[/td][td]1977[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Book of J (Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy), Harold Bloom and David Rosenberg[/td][td]1990[/td][/tr][tr][td]A Poet's Bible (Psalms, Song of Solomon, Lamentations, Maccabees, Job, Ecclesiastes, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Zechariah, Jonah, Ruth, Esther, Judith, Daniel, Ezra, Nehemiah), David Rosenberg[/td][td]1991[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Book of JobStephen Mitchell[/td][td]1992[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Five Books of MosesEverett Fox[/td][td]1995[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Lost Book of Paradise: Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden (Genesis and related apocrypha), David Rosenberg[/td][td]1995[/td][/tr][tr][td]GenesisStephen Mitchell[/td][td]1996[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Book of David (2 Samuel), David Rosenberg[/td][td]1998[/td][/tr][tr][td]Give us a King! (1, 2 Samuel), Everett Fox[/td][td]1999[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible,[sup][28][/sup] Martin AbeggPeter FlintEugene Ulrich[/td][td]1999[/td][/tr][tr][td]The David Story (1, 2 Samuel), Robert Alter[/td][td]2000[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Five Books of MosesRobert Alter[/td][td]2004[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Bible with Sources RevealedRichard Elliott Friedman[/td][td]2005[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Book of PsalmsRobert Alter[/td][td]2007

[/td][/tr][/table]

laugh.gif

Yet ya'll got the right one. 
roll.gif

These are all of the versions of ENGLISH/HEBREW CHRISTIANITY BIBLES

[h2]20th and 21st century translations[/h2][h3][edit]King James Versions and derivatives[/h3]
The King James Version of 1611 still has an immense following, and as such there have been a number of different attempts to update or improve upon it. The Revised Version and its derivatives also stem from the King James Version.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]CKJV[/td][td]Children's King James Version Jay P. Green[/td][td]1960[/td][/tr][tr][td]KJ II[/td][td]King James II Version of the Bible Jay P. Green[/td][td]1971[/td][/tr][tr][td]KJV20[/td][td]King James Version—Twentieth Century Edition Jay P. Green[/td][/tr][tr][td]NKJV[/td][td]New King James Version[/td][td]1982[/td][/tr][tr][td]KJ21[/td][td]21st Century King James Version[/td][td]1991[/td][/tr][tr][td]MKJV[/td][td]Modern King James Version[/td][td]1999[/td][/tr][tr][td]AKJV[/td][td]American King James Version[sup][1][/sup][/td][td]1999[/td][/tr][tr][td]KJV2000[/td][td]King James 2000 Version[sup][2][/sup][/td][td]2000[/td][/tr][tr][td]UKJV[/td][td]Updated King James Version[sup][3][/sup][/td][td]2000[/td][/tr][tr][td]KJVER[/td][td]King James Version Easy Reading[sup][4][/sup][/td][td]2001[/td][/tr][tr][td]HSV[/td][td]Holy Scriptures Version[sup][5][/sup][/td][td]2001[/td][/tr][tr][td]CKJV[/td][td]Comfort-able King James Version[sup][6][/sup][sup][7][/sup][/td][td]2003[/td][/tr][tr][td]NCPB[/td][td]New Cambridge Paragraph Bible[sup][8][/sup][/td][td]2005[/td][/tr][tr][td]AV7[/td][td]AV7 (New Authorized Version)[/td][td]2006[/td][/tr][tr][td]AVU[/td][td]Authorized Version Update[sup][9][/sup][/td][td]2006[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Revised Version and derivatives[/h3]
The English Revised Version was the first official attempt to update the Authorized (King James) Version. This was adapted in the United States as the American Standard Version. The translations and versions that stem from them are shown in date order:
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]RV[/td][td](British) Revised Version[/td][td]1881–5[/td][/tr][tr][td]ASV[/td][td]American Standard Version[/td][td]1901[/td][/tr][tr][td]RSV[/td][td]Revised Standard Version[/td][td]1952[/td][/tr][tr][td]NASB[/td][td]New American Standard Bible[/td][td]1971, 1995[/td][/tr][tr][td]NRSV[/td][td]New Revised Standard Version[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][tr][td]ESV[/td][td]English Standard Version[/td][td]2001[/td][/tr][tr][td]WEB[/td][td]World English Bible[/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]New International Version and derivatives[/h3]
The popular New International Version has appeared in a number of editions.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]NIV[/td][td]New International Version[/td][td]1978[/td][/tr][tr][td]NIrV[/td][td]New International Reader's Version[/td][td]1996[/td][/tr][tr][td]NIVI[/td][td]New International Version Inclusive Language Edition[/td][td]1996[/td][/tr][tr][td]TNIV[/td][td]Today's New International Version[/td][td]2005[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Dynamic translations and paraphrases[/h3]
A significant aspect in translations from the latter half of the 20th century was much greater use of the principles of dynamic equivalence.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]TLB[/td][td]The Living Bible[/td][td]1971[/td][/tr][tr][td]GNB[/td][td]Good News Bible[/td][td]1976, 1992[/td][/tr][tr][td]CEV[/td][td]Contemporary English Version[/td][td]1995[/td][/tr][tr][td]GW[/td][td]God's Word[/td][td]1995[/td][/tr][tr][td]NLT[/td][td]New Living Translation[/td][td]1996, 2004[/td][/tr][tr][td]MSG[/td][td]The Message[/td][td]2002[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Internet-based translations[/h3]
The New English Translation (or NET Bible) is a project to publish a translation of the Bible using the Internet. It is freely available and accompanied by extensive translator's notes. Another Internet based translation (currently only in the planning stages)[sup][10][/sup] is The Free Bible. It is a wiki, collaborative project, based on Wikisource. A third is The Work of God's Children Illustrated Bible, which uses a collaborative Mediawiki website that interlinks the words of the Bible to articles and image galleries about the topic.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]NET[/td][td]New English Translation[/td][td]2005[/td][/tr][tr][td]TFB[/td][td]The Free Bible[/td][td]In planning stage[sup][10][/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]WGCIB[/td][td]The Work of God's Children Illustrated Bible[/td][td]2010[/td][/tr][tr][td]CBP[/td][td]Conservative Bible Project[/td][td]In Progress[sup][11][/sup][/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Jewish translations[/h3]
Main article: Jewish English Bible translations

Jewish translations follow the Masoretic Text, and are usually published in bilingual editions with the Hebrew text facing the English translation. The translations often reflect traditional Jewish exegesis of the bible. As translations of the Masoretic bible, Jewish translations contain neither the apocrypha nor the Christian New Testament.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]JPS[/td][td]Jewish Publication Society of America Version[sup][12][/sup][/td][td]1917[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Judaica Press[sup][13][/sup][/td][td]1963[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Koren Jerusalem Bible[sup][14][/sup] Based on a translation by Harold Fisch[/td][td]1962[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Living Torah by Aryeh Kaplan[sup][15][/sup]
The Living Nach by Yaakov Elman[/td][td]1981
[/td][/tr][tr][td]NJPS[/td][td]New Jewish Publication Society of America Version[/td][td]1985[/td][/tr][tr][td]Artscroll[/td][td]Stone Edition (Artscroll)[/td][td]1996[/td][/tr][/table]

[h3][edit]Messianic translations[/h3]
Main article: Messianic Bible translations

Some Bible translations find popular use in, or were prepared especially for, the Messianic Judaism movement.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]TS98[/td][td]The Scriptures '98 Version[/td][td]1993, 1998[/td][/tr][tr][td]CJB[/td][td]Complete Jewish Bible (by David H. Stern)[/td][td]1998[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]God's New Covenant: A New Testament Translation (by Heinz Cassirer)[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][tr][td]OJB[/td][td]Orthodox Jewish Bible (by Phillip E Goble)[/td][td]2002[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]New English Bible and derivatives[/h3]
Main article: New English Bible

The initiative to create the New English Bible began in 1946, in an attempt to make an entirely new translation of the Bible in modern English.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]NEB[/td][td]New English Bible[/td][td]1970[/td][/tr][tr][td]REB[/td][td]Revised English Bible[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Public domain translations[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]WEB[/td][td]World English Bible[/td][td]In Progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]MASV[/td][td]Modern American Standard Version[/td][td]In Progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]CPDV[/td][td]Catholic Public Domain Version[/td][td]2009[/td][/tr][tr][td]DRP[/td][td]David Robert Palmer Translation[sup][16][/sup][/td][td]In Progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]UKJV[/td][td]Updated King James Version[/td][td]2000[/td][/tr][tr][td]TFB[/td][td]The Free Bible[/td][td]In Progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]WGCIB[/td][td]The Work of God's Children Illustrated Bible[/td][td]2010[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Catholic translations[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]DRB[/td][td]Douay-Rheims Bible[/td][td]1582–1610[/td][/tr][tr][td]DRC[/td][td]Douay-Rheims Bible Challoner Revision[/td][td]1752[/td][/tr][tr][td]WVSS[/td][td]Westminster Version of the Sacred Scriptures[/td][td]1913–1935[sup]1[/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]SPC[/td][td]Spencer New Testament[/td][td]1941[/td][/tr][tr][td]CCD[/td][td]Confraternity Bible[/td][td]1941[sup]2[/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]Knox[/td][td]Knox's Translation of the Vulgate[/td][td]1955[/td][/tr][tr][td]KLNT[/td][td]Kleist-Lilly New Testament[/td][td]1956[sup]3[/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]JB[/td][td]Jerusalem Bible[/td][td]1966[/td][/tr][tr][td]RSV-CE[/td][td]Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition[/td][td]1965–66[sup]4[/sup][/td][/tr][tr][td]NAB[/td][td]New American Bible[/td][td]1970[/td][/tr][tr][td]TLB-CE[/td][td]The Living Bible - Catholic Edition[/td][td]1971[/td][/tr][tr][td]NJB[/td][td]New Jerusalem Bible[/td][td]1985[/td][/tr][tr][td]CCB[/td][td]Christian Community Bible[/td][td]1986[/td][/tr][tr][td]NRSV-CE[/td][td]New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][tr][td]CPDV[/td][td]Catholic Public Domain Version[/td][td]2009[/td][/tr][tr][td]WGCIB[/td][td]The Work of God's Children Illustrated Bible[/td][td]2010[/td][/tr][/table]
[sup]1[/sup]Released in parts between 1913–1935 with copious study and textual notes. The New Testament with condensed notes was released in 1936 as one volume.
[sup]2[/sup]NT released in 1941. The OT contained material from the Challoner Revision until the entire OT was completed in 1969.
[sup]3[/sup]New Testament only; Gospels by James Kleist, rest by Joseph Lilly.
[sup]4[/sup]Second Catholic Edition released 2006.
[h3][edit]Sacred Name translations[/h3]
These Sacred Name Bibles were all done with the specific aim of carrying into English the actual Name of God as they were in the originals. Most have been done by people from theSacred Name Movement. They are distinguished by their policy of transliterating Hebrew-based forms for sacred names, such as "Yahweh", "YHWH", etc.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]ERB[/td][td]Rotherham's Emphasized Bible[/td][td]1902[/td][/tr][tr][td]SNB[/td][td]Restoration of Original Sacred Name Bible[/td][td]1976[/td][/tr][tr][td]HNB[/td][td]Holy Name Bible[/td][td]1963[/td][/tr][tr][td]SSBE[/td][td]Sacred Scriptures Bethel Edition[/td][td]1981[/td][/tr][tr][td]SN-KJ[/td][td]Sacred Name King James Bible[/td][td]2005[/td][/tr][tr][td]SSFOY[/td][td]Sacred Scriptures, Family of Yah Edition[/td][td]2000[/td][/tr][tr][td]TWOY[/td][td]The Word of Yahweh[/td][td]2003[/td][/tr][tr][td]TS98[/td][td]The Scriptures '98 Version[/td][td]1993, 1998[/td][/tr][tr][td]RNKJV[/td][td]Restored Name King James Version[/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]HRV[/td][td]Hebraic-Roots Version[/td][td]2004[/td][/tr][tr][td]TB[/td][td]The Besorah (a plagiarized copy of The Scriptures 1998[sup][17][/sup])[/td][td]2008[/td][/tr][tr][td]TBE[/td][td]Transparent English Bible[/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Septuagint translations[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Charles Thomson's The Holy Bible, Containing The Old And New Covenant, Commonly Called The Old And New Testament: Translated From The Greek[/td][td]1808[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Brenton's English Translation of the Septuagint[/td][td]1851[/td][/tr][tr][td]ABP[/td][td]Apostolic Bible Polyglot[/td][td]2003[/td][/tr][tr][td]AB[/td][td]The Apostles' Bible[/td][td]2004[/td][/tr][tr][td]OSB[/td][td]Orthodox Study Bible[/td][td]2007[/td][/tr][tr][td]NETS[/td][td]New English Translation of the Septuagint[/td][td]2007[/td][/tr][tr][td]EOB[/td][td]Eastern / Greek Orthodox Bible[/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Simplified English Bibles[/h3]
There have been a number of attempts to produce a Bible that greatly simplifies the English. (Some of these versions are also listed in other categories: for example, the NIrV is also found under the NIV section). These are translations that are not necessarily a very dynamic translation, but go beyond simply everyday English into a restricted vocabulary set, often aimed at non-native speakers of English.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]BBE[/td][td]Bible in Basic English[/td][td]1949[/td][/tr][tr][td]BWE[/td][td]Bible in Worldwide English [New Testament only][/td][td]1969[/td][/tr][tr][td]NLV[/td][td]New Life Version (Gleason Ledyard)[/td][td]1986[/td][/tr][tr][td]SEB[/td][td]Simple English Bible (Dr Stanley Morris)[/td][td]1980[/td][/tr][tr][td]ERV[/td][td]Easy-to-Read Version (previously English Version for the Deaf)[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][tr][td]NCV[/td][td]New Century Version[/td][td]1991[/td][/tr][tr][td]NIrV[/td][td]New International Reader's Version[/td][td]1998[/td][/tr][tr][td]EEB[/td][td]EasyEnglish Bible[sup][18][/sup][/td][td]2001+[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Translations exclusively published by Jehovah's Witnesses[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]NWT[/td][td]New World Translation[/td][td]1950[/td][/tr][tr][td]LivEng[/td][td]The Bible in Living English (not to be confused with the Living Bible)[/td][td]1972[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Adaptive retellings[/h3]
Some versions have been labelled "adaptive retelling"[sup][19][/sup] as they take many liberties with the form of the text.
[table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Black Bible Chronicles[/td][td]1993, 1994[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Cotton Patch version (various portions of the New Testament done by Clarence Jordan)[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Aussie Bible; also More Aussie Bible[sup][20][/sup] by Kel Richards[/td][td]2003[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Other translations[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]Fenton[/td][td]The Holy Bible In Modern English (by Ferrar Fenton)[/td][td]1903[/td][/tr][tr][td]MNT[/td][td]A New Translation (by James Moffatt)[/td][td]1926[/td][/tr][tr][td]Lamsa[/td][td]Lamsa Bible (by George Lamsa)[/td][td]1933[/td][/tr][tr][td]AAT[/td][td]An American Translation (by Smith and Goodspeed|)[/td][td]1935[/td][/tr][tr][td]BV[/td][td]Berkeley Version[/td][td]1958[/td][/tr][tr][td]AMP[/td][td]Amplified Bible[/td][td]1965[/td][/tr][tr][td]Knoch[/td][td]Concordant Literal Version (by Adolph Ernst Knoch)[/td][td]1966[/td][/tr][tr][td]MLB[/td][td]The Modern Language Bible (New Berkeley Version)[/td][td]1969[/td][/tr][tr][td]TSB[/td][td]The Story Bible[/td][td]1971[/td][/tr][tr][td]BECK[/td][td]An American Translation (by William F. Beck)[/td][td]1976[/td][/tr][tr][td]LITV[/td][td]Green's Literal Translation (by Jay P. Green)[/td][td]1985[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Clear Word (Seventh-day Adventist paraphrase)[/td][td]1994[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Anointed Standard Version[/td][td]1995[/td][/tr][tr][td]CJB[/td][td]Complete Jewish Bible[/td][td]1998[/td][/tr][tr][td]TMB[/td][td]Third Millennium Bible[/td][td]1998[/td][/tr][tr][td]RcV[/td][td]Recovery Version[/td][td]1999[/td][/tr][tr][td]ABP[/td][td]Apostolic Bible Polyglot[/td][td]2003[/td][/tr][tr][td]VW[/td][td]A Voice In The Wilderness Holy Scriptures[sup][21][/sup][/td][td]2003[/td][/tr][tr][td]AB[/td][td]The Apostles' Bible[/td][td]2004[/td][/tr][tr][td]HCSB[/td][td]Holman Christian Standard Bible[/td][td]2004[/td][/tr][tr][td]CAB[/td][td]The Complete Apostles' Bible[/td][td]2005[/td][/tr][tr][td]ACV[/td][td]A Conservative Version (NT only in print OT & NT Internet versions)[/td][td]2005[/td][/tr][tr][td]NJV[/td][td]The New Jubilees Version (The Beloved and I: The Sacred Scriptures in English Verse, McElwain)[/td][td]2005+[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARTB[/td][td]Ancient Roots Translinear Bible (Old Testament Only)[/td][td]2006[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Literary Bible (by David Rosenberg)(Old Testament Only)[/td][td]2009[/td][/tr][tr][td]MGB[/td][td]The Manga Bible[sup][22][/sup][/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]TEB[/td][td]Transparent English Bible[sup][23][/sup][/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]ISV[/td][td]International Standard Version[/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jubilee2000[/td][td]English Jubilee 2000 Bible[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Murdock[/td][td]James Murdock's Translation of the Syriac Pe****ta[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]EOB[/td][td]Eastern / Greek Orthodox Bible[/td][td]In progress[/td][/tr][/table][h2][edit]Partial translations[/h2][h3][edit]New Testament[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Abbreviation [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Epistles of Paul in Modern English (includes Hebrews), by George Barker Stevens[/td][td]1898[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Twentieth Century New Testament[/td][td]1902[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Weymouth New Testament (New Testament in Modern Speech)[/td][td]1903[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Centenary New Testament (by Helen Barrett Montgomery)[/td][td]1924[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Four Gospels, by E. V. Rieu, Penguin[/td][td]1952[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Authentic New Testament, by Hugh J. Schonfield[/td][td]1955[/td][/tr][tr][td]Phi / PME[/td][td]Phillips New Testament in Modern English and Four Prophets (by J. B. Phillips)[/td][td]1958[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Simplified New Testament, by Olaf M. Norlie[/td][td]1961[/td][/tr][tr][td]WET[/td][td]Wuest Expanded Translation (by Kenneth Wuest)[/td][td]1961[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The New Testament: a New Translation, by William Barclay[/td][td]1968[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]TransLine, by Michael Magill[/td][td]2002[/td][/tr][tr][td]CPG[/td][td]Cotton Patch Gospel[sup][24][/sup] by Clarence Jordan[/td][td]1968–1973 (4 vols)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Four Gospels, by Norman Marrow, ISBN 0-9505565-0-5[/td][td]1977[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The Original New Testament, by Hugh J. SchonfieldISBN 0-947752-20-X[/td][td]1985[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]McCord's New Testament Translation of the Everlasting Gospel by Hugo McCord[/td][td]1988[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]A Fresh Parenthetical Version of the New Testament by B. E. Junkins ISBN 0761823972[/td][td]2002[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]God's New Covenant: A New Testament Translation by Heinz CassirerISBN 0-8028-3673-9[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Jewish New Testament, by David H. Stern[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][tr][td]Gaus[/td][td]The Unvarnished New Testament[sup][25][/sup] by Andy Gaus[/td][td]1991[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]The New Testament, by Richmond LattimoreISBN 0-460 87953 7[/td][td]1996[/td][/tr][tr][td]TCE[/td][td]The Common Edition New Testament[sup][26][/sup][/td][td]1999[/td][/tr][tr][td]COM[/td][td]The Comprehensive New Testament[sup][27][/sup][/td][td]2008[/td][/tr][tr][td]ALT[/td][td]Analytical-Literal Translation[/td][td]1999?[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]A New Accurate Translation of the Greek New Testament, by Julian G. Anderson ISBN 0-960-21284-1[/td][td]1984[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Voice ISBN 1418534390[/td][td]2008[/td][/tr][tr][td]JNT[/td][td]Jewish New Testament by David H. Stern[/td][td]1989[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Source New Testament With Extensive Notes on Greek Word Meaning, by Dr A. Nyland ISBN 0980443008[/td][td]2004[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Last Days New Testament, Ray W. Johnson[/td][td]1999[/td][/tr][/table][h3][edit]Hebrew Bible[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Date [/th][/tr][tr][td]The Wisdom Books in Modern Speech (Job, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Lamentations, and Song of Songs), John Edgar McFadyen[/td][td]1917[/td][/tr][tr][td]Four Prophets (Amos, Hosea, Micah, Isaiah), J.B. Phillips[/td][td]1963[/td][/tr][tr][td]Job Speaks (Job), David Rosenberg[/td][td]1977[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Book of J (Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy), Harold Bloom and David Rosenberg[/td][td]1990[/td][/tr][tr][td]A Poet's Bible (Psalms, Song of Solomon, Lamentations, Maccabees, Job, Ecclesiastes, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Zechariah, Jonah, Ruth, Esther, Judith, Daniel, Ezra, Nehemiah), David Rosenberg[/td][td]1991[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Book of JobStephen Mitchell[/td][td]1992[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Five Books of MosesEverett Fox[/td][td]1995[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Lost Book of Paradise: Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden (Genesis and related apocrypha), David Rosenberg[/td][td]1995[/td][/tr][tr][td]GenesisStephen Mitchell[/td][td]1996[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Book of David (2 Samuel), David Rosenberg[/td][td]1998[/td][/tr][tr][td]Give us a King! (1, 2 Samuel), Everett Fox[/td][td]1999[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible,[sup][28][/sup] Martin AbeggPeter FlintEugene Ulrich[/td][td]1999[/td][/tr][tr][td]The David Story (1, 2 Samuel), Robert Alter[/td][td]2000[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Five Books of MosesRobert Alter[/td][td]2004[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Bible with Sources RevealedRichard Elliott Friedman[/td][td]2005[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Book of PsalmsRobert Alter[/td][td]2007

[/td][/tr][/table]

laugh.gif

Yet ya'll got the right one. 
roll.gif

seriously what was the point of posting this?

did anyone say there weren't multiple translations? or do you read what people type of do you just skim through it?

did anyone say there weren't multiple translations? or do you read what people type of do you just skim through it?

Pick a version to suit your needs.
Since the bible is so hard to interpret you mean to tell me that after all this, it STILL sounds like crap? 

Pick a version to suit your needs.
Since the bible is so hard to interpret you mean to tell me that after all this, it STILL sounds like crap? 

He's one of those atheists that log onto the internet to find other atheists to validate his lack of faith in God. It's pathetic. Believe what you will, I really don't care. But it's pathetic to feel the need to trample on others' beliefs to validate your own. And he does it, just like most of them do, probably out of fear or misery in some form. No one wants to die alone, so as long as he ca make a joke out of God in general, he'll feel more comfortable in his own skin amongst the people that laughed. Yes, I'm aware he'll reply to this with something witty and sharp, complete with a
laugh.gif
or
roll.gif
, just like women do when their feelings get hurt. It's sad.

He's one of those atheists that log onto the internet to find other atheists to validate his lack of faith in God. It's pathetic. Believe what you will, I really don't care. But it's pathetic to feel the need to trample on others' beliefs to validate your own. And he does it, just like most of them do, probably out of fear or misery in some form. No one wants to die alone, so as long as he ca make a joke out of God in general, he'll feel more comfortable in his own skin amongst the people that laughed. Yes, I'm aware he'll reply to this with something witty and sharp, complete with a
laugh.gif
or
roll.gif

Seriosuly OP, NO ONE GIVES A DAMN about what you're trying to argue.

laugh.gif

Get a life.

Yes, I'm aware he'll reply to this with something witty and sharp, complete with a
laugh.gif
or
roll.gif

Got 'em.

Seriosuly OP, NO ONE GIVES A DAMN about what you're trying to argue.

laugh.gif

Get a life.

Yes, I'm aware he'll reply to this with something witty and sharp, complete with a
laugh.gif
or
roll.gif

Got 'em.

Back
Top Bottom